The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You have to have a purpose besides money...

Anything related to matters of the mind

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
I don't know who needs to hear this...(maybe even myself) but you cannot do things solely for the money. Generally speaking, you'll probably hate. Proof of this is working a six-figure job. Of all the people we see, with seemingly great financial lives...they're never happy. That is because they have to rely on somebody else for the cash, they still truly aren't free.

And neither will you be...until you learn to not work just for the money.

As I'm writing this I'm reminded of Robert K, when he talks about how he learned from his "rich dad" to never work for a paycheck and how doing so really messes with your head.

I hope this helps you guys, I feel like I still didn't really adequately express it but oh well haha.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
paychecks are like crack (felix dennis)

AidanSEO

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 31, 2020
USA
I don't know who needs to hear this...(maybe even myself) but you cannot do things solely for the money. Generally speaking, you'll probably hate. Proof of this is working a six-figure job. Of all the people we see, with seemingly great financial lives...they're never happy. That is because they have to rely on somebody else for the cash, they still truly aren't free.

And neither will you be...until you learn to not work just for the money.

As I'm writing this I'm reminded of Robert K, when he talks about how he learned from his "rich dad" to never work for a paycheck and how doing so really messes with your head.

I hope this helps you guys, I feel like I still didn't really adequately express it but oh well haha.

Agreed, the money alone isn't enough.
For me, being in SEO, I get satisfaction from seeing the fruits of my labor pay off in a tangible way -- moving client sites to page 1 and top 3 positions of search results! Additionally, being able to use my skillset to help others achieve their business goals.

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
As someone who is >>thisclose<< to dragging myself out of poverty....I disagree. Don't get me wrong, I also agree with you, but it's a spectrum of experiences. At some point, the money isn't enough. But up until that point, you can't get your head above water without focusing on the money. Paradoxically, focusing on serving other people is how you get money. The poverty mindset has a hard time with holding those things simultaneously.

The phrase that helped me bridge that dichotomy is "a rising tide lifts all boats".

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
As someone who is >>thisclose<< to dragging myself out of poverty....I disagree. Don't get me wrong, I also agree with you, but it's a spectrum of experiences. At some point, the money isn't enough. But up until that point, you can't get your head above water without focusing on the money. Paradoxically, focusing on serving other people is how you get money. The poverty mindset has a hard time with holding those things simultaneously.

The phrase that helped me bridge that dichotomy is "a rising tide lifts all boats".
I would agree with that. It's kinda like you have to experience what it's like to have all that money first to truly know.

Personally, I kinda just trust what my mentors say since they've already been there, but I know where you're coming from for sure.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.