The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You don't need to be on any lists brother.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

I find consuming content (reading, podcasts, courses, etc) a very slippery slope.

I'll do research to solve a problem right in front of me, and end up getting sucked down rabbit-holes.

There's so many people out there who's goal is to turn us into their consumer. (If I hear another word about funnels, webinars, and marketing automation I'll go spare! The world seems to have gone mad for sales funnels and Facebook bots - or so my Facebook feed would have me believe).

Someone recently told me something when I said I was performing the great unsubscribe:

"You don't need to be on any lists brother."

"All you need is within now."

"Be a leader not a follower."

(and previously)

"You are enough."

Powerful words that help me forge my own path and avoid the rabbit-holes.

(Originally posted in my INSIDERS progress thread here.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sam9530130

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Dec 29, 2016
Canada
Earlier this week, I came to the realization that I should remove 90% of the crap that I try to optimize (in all aspects of my life) and be free to focus on the things that matter. I think it's fun to try new things and always look for an edge in every single thing you do, but at one point you just end up wasting valuable time and resources for a barely noticeable result.

That also applies to your point. You don't need to receive every god damn updates about everything. The fear of missing out plays a huge role in listening to a large amount of podcasts and articles... I am always pondering "What if that podcast or email or article has even just ONE simple concept that I could incorporate and it would change my life?!" Once you really think about it, it's really not worth spending too much energy on that aspect rather than focusing on doing your work.

Anyways, all that to say... Remove, declutter, ask yourself "Is that really worth it?" instead of adding more stuff. Thanks for the reminder @Andy Black

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Absolutely, once upon a time we would have believed it was impossible to have too much information, now there's easy overloads of it.

I know too well about that point you made about researching something specifically when you need to solve something right in front of you, in my past, I wasted way too much time trying to over-equip myself understanding something.

Society indirectly made us believe that we must know everything before we solve a problem.

The daily lesson about Entrepreneurship is that we are problem-solvers and that would sometimes mean solving problems on the spur of the moment without any former knowledge/preparation, scary as our minds can make us "believe" that to be, the best lessons/experiences/connections come from it.

Last edited:

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV

I find consuming content (reading, podcasts, courses, etc) a very slippery slope.

I'll do research to solve a problem right in front of me, and end up getting sucked down rabbit-holes.

There's so many people out there who's goal is to turn us into their consumer. (If I hear another word about funnels, webinars, and marketing automation I'll go spare! The world seems to have gone mad for sales funnels and Facebook bots - or so my Facebook feed would have me believe).

Someone recently told me something when I said I was performing the great unsubscribe:

"You don't need to be on any lists brother."

"All you need is within now."

"Be a leader not a follower."

(and previously)

"You are enough."

Powerful words that help me to forge my own path and avoid the rabbit-holes.

(Originally posted in my INSIDERS progress thread here.)
I belong to very few lists for the precise reason that it can be very distracting

I've tried to embrace the concept of Just-In-Time Learning as much as possible (deep dive on a topic if & only if I hit the next obstacle that I don't know how to solve)

Sara Blakely's story really epitomizes this approach to me. Amazing entrepreneur:

Listen Now: Spanx: Sara Blakely

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.