The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You CAN Get Rich In Your 20s

Anything related to matters of the mind

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
It’s true folks, contrary to a lot of the recent pessimism you may have seen around, it’s possible to make a ton of money in your 20s.

But it’s not going to happen if you follow a traditional path. Because guess what, society does NOT want you to get rich. It’s the last thing it wants.

Society survives and thrives off the back of sheep, who stay put in their place, are easy to manipulate and control. So society invests a lot in this — keeping you in a state where you can be easily manipulated and controlled.

And don’t be mistaken about it… society is US — your boss, the guy who wants to start a business with you and so on.

This doesn’t mean they want you to be dumb. No, they want you to be smart and capable… but not too smart, not too capable, because then you’ll be independent.

No employer, no matter what they may tell you, truly wants you to be successful. No — they want you to keep slaving away for them. They want you to use your intelligence, and your energy to build THEIR dream. They don’t want you to build your own dream, that’s a joke. And if you buy into that, you’ll likely end up actually building their dream. And that’s OK if that’s what makes you happy, it’s not a shameful thing, but at least do it consciously, with your eyes open.

As an agency owner and floating around in communities of agency owners, the people who messed up their lives the worst in their 20s are those who got into business relationships where there was a power dynamic that wasn’t in their favor. They ended up slaving away, only to see everything taken away from them when they were at their peak by older, smarter and more cunning people.

Investors and employers are very adept at enslavement — it’s their job description. If your employer tells you they want to start a new business with you, and they want you to go to Australia to open up their new branch — it’s a TRAP. They want to enslave you.

So… how can you get rich and what do I even mean by rich?

I mean making at least $2-5M by the the time you’re 30. You may say wtf, $2-5M isn’t rich!

No, it’s not. But going from broke to making $2M is a huge leap forward. Let me tell you what that sorta money did for me, since I’m now nearing the end of my 20s.

I used to go on holidays where over 10 days I’d spend $30-40K. Just pause and imagine that. I’d spend what many of you make over 1 year in 10 days! The people at the resorts I went to thought I was a Russian mobster. The waiters asked me what my job was.

I also bought a lot of useless shit, bling, and some useful things too, such as 2 apartments worth around $500-600K. Cleared all my debt.

And this is a lot more money than any of your friends taking a traditional path will make. You won’t see them spend $40K on a 10-day vacation LOL! Here’s how they’ll think “we must be careful not to waste too much” (a slave mindset implanted into them by society).

So… what have I learned about making money?

Lesson #1 — Most of you lack peoples skills and will never be successful in a reasonable amount of time at a business that takes people skills, and that includes B2B. Many of you think you’re good at sales… the reality is that you’re not.

Lesson #2 — Most of you who will be reading this aren’t very smart. So please don’t start an app. Please don’t start a course. Please don’t start trading stocks. Please don’t build a marketplace. Don’t build a SaaS. Please don’t do ANYTHING that requires more than 2 neurons. It’s true, there are people who can be successful FAST by doing these things. Hyper intelligent people with >140 IQ. I have a friend who made $50M+ as a day trader. He lives in the Bahamas now and smokes dollar bills for fun. He used to make $10K/day… if he didn’t, he was depressed. Those people are exceptions. So measure your IQ, if it’s below that, please don’t even think about it.

The only exceptions to #1 and #2 is if you really want to be active in one of those industries and you’re OK with taking a little longer to make your wealth (ie, a few years of struggle), OR you have access to a good mentor.

Lesson #3 — OK, you have no people skills and you’re retarded (it’s not an insult, where I come from it doesn’t mean you have a mental handicap, it just means you’re basically a normal dude). So what do you do?

The answer is ecommerce with a physical product. I have never seen a retard build a successful agency. I have never seen a retard make millions trading stocks. I have never seen a retard sign big deals with governments.

But boy, I’ve seen MANY a retard make MILLIONS in eCommerce in 1-2 years, in their 20s too. I can name at least 20 such people.

I have had 4 students who bought one of my ecommerce courses and made millions from it. A few of them (not all) were retards too! I myself in some cases was surprised and excited that they succeeded. To be honest with you, I never believed they’d make it. But they did.

Now this isn’t to say ecommerce is a guaranteed success strategy. It’s not. It will take tons of work. Tons of frustration. Tons of days when you feel like smashing your head with your keyboard. But I see it as the best you’ve got, based on my experience so far, and learning not from just myself, but by being a careful observer of those around me.

In fact, I never started an ecommerce business. It’s my one regret. If God had created me with 30-40 less IQ points, and I didn’t enjoy working with people or stimulating intellectual challenges… oh boy. Ecommerce it would have been!

Think about it… you never talk with anyone (minus talking with suppliers and other providers every now and then), ads are all you need to sell, your job is just to find products with high demand and put them in front of people. Control you can obtain, Entry you can obtain over time, Need, it’s there, Time and Scale are virtually guaranteed by the selling methods - ads! It doesn’t get easier than that folks. It really doesn’t.

Lesson #4 — Marketing is very important in ecommerce. But the product is even more important. The right product will make or break your business. Rememeber how I said that ecommerce is where even retards can succeed? I remember meeting one of my friends who started a biz in the eyeware niche. The F*cker showed me his balance sheet, and I couldn’t believe it. In 3 years he went from 0 to $6M. Running FB ads from his bedroom… he worked in his pijama and had a dumb smile on his face. The poor guy could barely add 2 and 2 together. And now he wanted some help with his Facebook ads. When I opened his Facebook ads account, I was shocked. His ads and everything was shit. I asked him, “sooo… you made $6M revenue last year with these ads” — “Yah” LOL!!!

Lesson #5 — to support yourself, I highly encourage you to freelance. No jobs. I’ll get a lot of hatred for this, but I think jobs are for losers. Freelancing gives you more flexibility and time freedom to work on your business and you can make money faster too. And you shoulder responsibility for yourself. If you can’t get work, you starve.

Lesson #6 - Don’t follow any of the popular philosophies or psychologies available. No stoicism. No buddhism. No CBT. Instead you want to use your negative emotions… use your anger, use your shame, use your frustrations, use your weakness. Everything negative is the best fuel in existence. You don’t need to feel good to be successful — if you feel good you’ll be lazy and comfortable and you won’t achieve fast success.

These are all very controversial lessons. Many forum members will disagree with me. They will see what I say as too extreme, irresponsible, even downright foolish. But if you’re hungry for success, I’m sure you’ll find a helpful hand in some of these lessons, and they will resonate with you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
It’s true folks, contrary to a lot of the recent pessimism you may have seen around, it’s possible to make a ton of money in your 20s.

But it’s not going to happen if you follow a traditional path. Because guess what, society does NOT want you to get rich. It’s the last thing it wants.

Society survives and thrives off the back of sheep, who stay put in their place, are easy to manipulate and control. So society invests a lot in this — keeping you in a state where you can be easily manipulated and controlled.

And don’t be mistaken about it… society is US — your boss, the guy who wants to start a business with you and so on.

This doesn’t mean they want you to be dumb. No, they want you to be smart and capable… but not too smart, not too capable, because then you’ll be independent.

No employer, no matter what they may tell you, truly wants you to be successful. No — they want you to keep slaving away for them. They want you to use your intelligence, and your energy to build THEIR dream. They don’t want you to build your own dream, that’s a joke. And if you buy into that, you’ll likely end up actually building their dream. And that’s OK if that’s what makes you happy, it’s not a shameful thing, but at least do it consciously, with your eyes open.

As an agency owner and floating around in communities of agency owners, the people who messed up their lives the worst in their 20s are those who got into business relationships where there was a power dynamic that wasn’t in their favor. They ended up slaving away, only to see everything taken away from them when they were at their peak by older, smarter and more cunning people.

Investors and employers are very adept at enslavement — it’s their job description. If your employer tells you they want to start a new business with you, and they want you to go to Australia to open up their new branch — it’s a TRAP. They want to enslave you.

I mean making at least $2-5M by the the time you’re 30. You may say wtf, $2-5M isn’t rich!

No, it’s not. But going from broke to making $2M is a huge leap forward. Let me tell you what that sorta money did for me, since I’m now nearing the end of my 20s.

I used to go on holidays where over 10 days I’d spend $30-40K. Just pause and imagine that. I’d spend what many of you make over 1 year in 10 days! The people at the resorts I went to thought I was a Russian mobster. The waiters asked me what my job was.

I also bought a lot of useless shit, bling, and some useful things too, such as 2 apartments worth around $500-600K. Cleared all my debt.

And this is a lot more money than any of your friends taking a traditional path will make. You won’t see them spend $40K on a 10-day vacation LOL! Here’s how they’ll think “we must be careful not to waste too much” (a slave mindset implanted into them by society).

Lesson #1 — Most of you lack peoples skills and will never be successful in a reasonable amount of time at a business that takes people skills, and that includes B2B. Many of you think you’re good at sales… the reality is that you’re not.

Lesson #2 — Most of you who will be reading this aren’t very smart. So please don’t start an app. Please don’t start a course. Please don’t start trading stocks. Please don’t build a marketplace. Don’t build a SaaS. Please don’t do ANYTHING that requires more than 2 neurons. It’s true, there are people who can be successful FAST by doing these things. Hyper intelligent people with >140 IQ. I have a friend who made $50M+ as a day trader. He lives in the Bahamas now and smokes dollar bills for fun. He used to make $10K/day… if he didn’t, he was depressed. Those people are exceptions. So measure your IQ, if it’s below that, please don’t even think about it.

The only exceptions to #1 and #2 is if you really want to be active in one of those industries and you’re OK with taking a little longer to make your wealth (ie, a few years of struggle), OR you have access to a good mentor.

Lesson #3 — OK, you have no people skills and you’re retarded (it’s not an insult, where I come from it doesn’t mean you have a mental handicap, it just means you’re basically a normal dude). So what do you do?

The answer is ecommerce with a physical product. I have never seen a retard build a successful agency. I have never seen a retard make millions trading stocks. I have never seen a retard sign big deals with governments.

But boy, I’ve seen MANY a retard make MILLIONS in eCommerce in 1-2 years, in their 20s too. I can name at least 20 such people.

I have had 4 students who bought one of my ecommerce courses and made millions from it. A few of them (not all) were retards too! I myself in some cases was surprised and excited that they succeeded. To be honest with you, I never believed they’d make it. But they did.

Now this isn’t to say ecommerce is a guaranteed success strategy. It’s not. It will take tons of work. Tons of frustration. Tons of days when you feel like smashing your head with your keyboard. But I see it as the best you’ve got, based on my experience so far, and learning not from just myself, but by being a careful observer of those around me.

In fact, I never started an ecommerce business. It’s my one regret. If God had created me with 30-40 less IQ points, and I didn’t enjoy working with people or stimulating intellectual challenges… oh boy. Ecommerce it would have been!

Think about it… you never talk with anyone (minus talking with suppliers and other providers every now and then), ads are all you need to sell, your job is just to find products with high demand and put them in front of people. Control you can obtain, Entry you can obtain over time, Need, it’s there, Time and Scale are virtually guaranteed by the selling methods - ads! It doesn’t get easier than that folks. It really doesn’t.

Lesson #4 — Marketing is very important in ecommerce. But the product is even more important. The right product will make or break your business. Rememeber how I said that ecommerce is where even retards can succeed? I remember meeting one of my friends who started a biz in the eyeware niche. The F*cker showed me his balance sheet, and I couldn’t believe it. In 3 years he went from 0 to $6M. Running FB ads from his bedroom… he worked in his pijama and had a dumb smile on his face. The poor guy could barely add 2 and 2 together. And now he wanted some help with his Facebook ads. When I opened his Facebook ads account, I was shocked. His ads and everything was shit. I asked him, “sooo… you made $6M revenue last year with these ads” — “Yah” LOL!!!

Lesson #5 — to support yourself, I highly encourage you to freelance. No jobs. I’ll get a lot of hatred for this, but I think jobs are for losers. Freelancing gives you more flexibility and time freedom to work on your business and you can make money faster too. And you shoulder responsibility for yourself. If you can’t get work, you starve.

Lesson #6 - Don’t follow any of the popular philosophies or psychologies available. No stoicism. No buddhism. No CBT. Instead you want to use your negative emotions… use your anger, use your shame, use your frustrations, use your weakness. Everything negative is the best fuel in existence. You don’t need to feel good to be successful — if you feel good you’ll be lazy and comfortable and you won’t achieve fast success.

These are all very controversial lessons. Many forum members will disagree with me. They will see what I say as too extreme, irresponsible, even downright foolish. But if you’re hungry for success, I’m sure you’ll find a helpful hand in some of these lessons, and they will resonate with you.
It's good to see unfiltered and a fresh viewpoint every now and then.

What if you're good at making first impressions, would you go into B2B selling industrial machinery from china?

Anger is energy. It depends on where you direct it. Learning how to direct it in the right direction is important.

In ecom, product is everything. I've seen way too many unsexy listings on Amazon and I'm convinced that a good product beats a mediocre product with good marketing.

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jan 15, 2019
Northern IL & Southeastern WI
You read that right. I taught people how to market their (physical product) ecommerce businesses using my course, and I did marketing for many ecom companies with my first agency. Never started one myself though.
So a marketing course specifically for e-commerce?

constant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 8, 2022
This thread is gonna become a battlefield in a day haha

Why especially physical products? Why not digital?

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
This thread is gonna become a battlefield in a day haha
Oh, I’m sure it will lol…

Why especially physical products? Why not digital?
That’s a good question. Digital products as all intangibles are much harder to sell. It’s easy to know what you’re getting when you buy a physical product. You can hold it in your hands, you can see it working.

A digital product isn’t like that. Essentially it is an abstraction. You CAN be successful with digital products (see @Lex DeVille), it will just be harder.

In addition digital products require creativity & expertise, and well, if you’re a retard, you don’t have much of either lol… so let other people be creative and experts, you just sell their creativity/expertise in the form of a functional physical product.

Physical products can also be /tested much faster. If you want to test a new idea, just find the product from a manufacturer that dropships and you can already start testing and seeing how it performs. Then you can invest into creating your own and building a brand around it too.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Nov 15, 2022

What's between ecommerce and drop shipping

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
What's between ecommerce and drop shipping
Dropshipping is just a fulfilment method. It’s good for testing products, but gives you little control/differentiation, so not a good long-term option. With a great product your margins will be 20-25% with dropshipping… and 10% or less with a merely good product, whereas they may be 60%+ with your own brand.

Most dropshippers need to constantly change their products and ads. So that’s all they do. Find new products, test products, ditch some, scale others. Then they sell for a few months, ad costs start going through the roof and they need a new product. And the cycle repeats over and over again.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

Great post.

To add to the anti job thing:
As a freelancer you get paid first which is the key to making a lot of money relative to your qualification.
A worker who mops floors can make me 80€ and then get paid 20. He then only gets 16 because the government gets paid before him. So the freelancers chain: Freelance 1st, bills 2nd, government 3rd.
The worker: Me 1st, operational costs 2nd, government 3rd, worker last.

For the iq point: Recently got my test and it's 140 on the side of language. Unless code counts as a language I won't be making something unretarded anytime soon haha.
Luckily there is no intelligence in the home service space in Germany. I am the only one here who speaks F*cking German and understands concepts like ads etc.

There are dudes who are too dumb to learn a language who make probably 6 figures washing windows and mopping floors.

And still they say starting a business is hard and risky.
Ffs I make more per hour than my dad and he went through 4 or 6 years of uni to be a engineer.
That's the power of getting paid first.

Merlox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 11, 2016

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
ChatGPT, spin me a generic authoritative forum post for TheFastlaneForum in the tone of /r/wallstreetbets. But don't make it satire.

Entire intro along with #1, #2, and #3 read less unfiltered and more unbridled bravado. Intelligence as a standalone metric? We can do better, at least go with grit or something. I can get behind #5 and #6.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
To add to the anti job thing:
As a freelancer you get paid first which is the key to making a lot of money relative to your qualification.
A worker who mops floors can make me 80€ and then get paid 20. He then only gets 16 because the government gets paid before him. So the freelancers chain: Freelance 1st, bills 2nd, government 3rd.
The worker: Me 1st, operational costs 2nd, government 3rd, worker last.
Well, that’s exactly right. I will soon be accused of Marxism and communism by someone, but employers are in fact exploiting their workforce. And I am doing the exact same thing as an employer. Except that unlike Marxists and Communists I see this as the natural order of things, which cannot be changed and if we try to change it we’ll end up committing much greater atrocities. But the goal of every owner is to extract as much as possible from you for as long as possible. Essentially you become a tool to fulfill their dream. And that’s OK, if you don’t have the ambition to run your own show and you’re happy being a part of someone else’s. If that’s you, then it can be perfect.

The closer you are to the source of the money, the more you can control its flow. And it’s that control that gives you power.

Luckily there is no intelligence in the home service space in Germany. I am the only one here who speaks F*cking German and understands concepts like ads etc.
That’s good. You should follow @Johnny boy, he has taken that same path but in the US and with lawns & landscaping work. You’ll be head and shoulders above the competition.
But if you build a good digital product/service that actually solves a problem you'll be there too. For instance: this guy makes $25k a month with a simple app that turns tweets into frames How I Stumbled Into A $300K Business Framing Tweets - Starter Story
That’s true, as I said it’s simply a lot harder to build that digital product, and most people are going to fail at it.

The richest people in the history of the world have been conquerors, traders, and bankers. Buying and selling at volume is a lot easier than creating something, or fulfilling a service.

Overall approptiation is easier than creation. A trader appropriates value for himself. And yes, I’m aware of comparative advantage, and trade generating wealth for everyone bla bla.

But that’s the whole point — the wealth is generated out of NOTHING, not out of actually having to create something yourself. Creating anything is hard and risky. Trading existing things is easy by comparison.

Entire intro along with #1, #2, and #3 read less unfiltered and more unbridled bravado. Intelligence as a standalone metric?
You may personally find it hard to believe, but if you’re looking to make money FAST, then in those industries intelligence is the most important metric. Perseverence is more important if we’re talking about succeedig regardless of timeframe though.

Getting rich while young is tough. The whole society is against you. Almost nobody wants you to succeed. Why would they? Imagine if you were successful, what would this say about THEM, and they’re twice your age? And therefore most young people will find it a very lonely road with the odds stacked against them.

Every advice they get will tell them to slow down, to take it easy, to get trained first — in other words NOT to be successful now.

circleme

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jan 17, 2023
Please don’t build a marketplace. Don’t build a SaaS. Please don’t do ANYTHING that requires more than 2 neurons.
I would say:
  • Build a marketplace
  • Build a SaaS
  • Build ANYTHING that requires more than 2 neurons
I would argue like that. You seem like someone who has a lot of experience in building and managing an agency but this argument doesn't make any sense to me if you also still think anything of the CENTS model.

The bottom line is that you automatically break the barrier to entry rule with your statement. i chose a harder business to start, even though it would be much easier for me to get a foothold in e-commerce because of my previous experience, since it's a front-to-back pain. i find everything about it a challenge. but that's exactly what i now - after being in the middle of the process - see as an advantage. i can't imagine that many people are willing to go the way i'm going right now.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
if you also still think anything of the CENTS model
I love the CENTS model, but I feel people misinterpret it quite frequently. There are lots of businesses which fit CENTS that you can’t start. For most people, they can’t start those businesses because they lack capital, intelligence, sales skills and industry knowledge. So why does it matter if it makes CENTS?

If you don’t have the capital for it, tough luck. Many times businesses fail because of lack of capital. I’d say it’s up there towards the top of the reasons for failure.

i can't imagine that many people are willing to go the way i'm going right now.
Oh you’d be surprised. I’d say there are 100K+ people actively trying to build the next Facebook. Almost none succeed. Because it takes extremely deep pockets, which most people simply don’t have access to.

I like to think more practically. Where is some easy money I can make? Then I use the CENTS model to morph that into a fastlane business. Maybe it’s not possible, in which case, back to searching after another opportunity.

But the point is not making money quickly is a fool’s gambit in a new business imo. Money is the only validation that matters.

But let’s take an easy example. You find some product on AliExpress and you start dropshipping it. You see it starts making you quite a bit of money, let’s say 20% margin. Does it make CENTS? Certainly not in its current format…

But you can evolve that business model.

For example, can you make your own product? (Control)

Can you build a brand? (Entry)

Can you attain economies of scale? (Entry) — one of my mates who runs an ecom company now gets 20% discounts on his shipping because he’s in top 5% of biggest spenders with that shipping company!!

Can you improve the product? (Entry + Need)

And so on.

That’s MUCH easier to do on top of a proven cash flow than putting a finger up your arse and trying to frontload a ton of work because no one is doing it and hoping it will work out.

I believe you should get the money first. I am a money-first entrepreneur. And I don’t think this conflicts with what MJ means when he says don’t be a money chaser — as far as I understand it, his intention is to direct you towards focusing on the cause of money, ie value AND to using your own brain so that you don’t do something just because others are doing it. It’s aimed at the guys who have no skills but “cold call” to trick people into giving them money. That’s money-chasing since it has no foundation in value and therefore a low probability of working. It’s sort of like saying give me money because I want you to give it to me. It doesn’t work.

It’s the same with the so-called BLUE OCEAN STRATEGY. It’s usually a DISASTER. Trying to open up a new market is crazy expensive and hard. Forget CENTS - you’re unlikely to pull off that one, even if it meets CENTS.

And look at it this way. Do an inventory of the richest people on the fastlane forum… you’ll discover most of them started in ecommerce or some form of buying and selling something, ie trading.

How many are doing a software startup? I only know of ONE guy, and he is admitedly one of the most successful people on the forum. But that’s the only one. No one else is doing a software startup successfully.

How many people are doing a SaaS successfully?! I only know two.

How many people are doing an agency successfully? I only know ONE on the forum — that’s me. Oh, I almost forgot Bizydad. He’s successful too, so make that two.

But how many people are doing ecommerce successfully? FAK! That line is long. The forum is littered with their gold threads. Even Kak had an amazon business he sold to Vigilante if I’m not mistaken.

So the truth is the vast majority built up their initial cash at least by trading — buying and selling something. Including the real estate people. NOT by producing. NOT by creating. NOT by performing a service. And yet, all of you broke guys, what you all have in common is that you’re trying to do all these hard things. THAT’S WHY YOU’RE BROKE!!!

Just look at them — stop listening to what they say. LOOK at them. What do they do? Lex Deville spends $100 on Google Ads, doesn’t work out, abandons the site and moves on!!! They’re all ruthless like that. He’s not the exception.

And yet you guys that are broke, you work on things for years… years with no results.

Last edited:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I love the CENTS model, but I feel people misinterpret it quite frequently. There are lots of businesses which fit CENTS that you can’t start. For most people, they can’t start those businesses because they lack capital, intelligence, sales skills and industry knowledge. So why does it matter if it makes CENTS?

If you don’t have the capital for it, tough luck. Many times businesses fail because of lack of capital. I’d say it’s up there towards the top of the reasons for failure.

Oh you’d be surprised. I’d say there are 100K+ people actively trying to build the next Facebook. Almost none succeed. Because it takes extremely deep pockets, which most people simply don’t have access to.

I like to think more practically. Where is some easy money I can make? Then I use the CENTS model to morph that into a fastlane business. Maybe it’s not possible, in which case, back to searching after another opportunity.

But the point is not making money quickly is a fool’s gambit in a new business imo. Money is the only validation that matters.

But let’s take an easy example. You find some product on AliExpress and you start dropshipping it. You see it starts making you quite a bit of money, let’s say 20% margin. Does it make CENTS? Certainly not in its current format…

Can you attain economies of scale? (Entry) — one of my mates who runs an ecom company now gets 20% discounts on his shipping because he’s in top 5% of biggest spenders with that shipping company!!

And so on.

That’s MUCH easier to do on top of a proven cash flow than putting a finger up your arse and trying to frontload a ton of work because no one is doing it and hoping it will work out.

I believe you should get the money first. I am a money-first entrepreneur. And I don’t think this conflicts with what MJ means when he says don’t be a money chaser — as far as I understand it, his intention is to direct you towards focusing on the cause of money, ie value AND to using your own brain so that you don’t do something just because others are doing it. It’s aimed at the guys who have no skills but “cold call” to trick people into giving them money. That’s money-chasing since it has no foundation in value and therefore a low probability of working. It’s sort of like saying give me money because I want you to give it to me. It doesn’t work.

It’s the same with the so-called BLUE OCEAN STRATEGY. It’s usually a DISASTER. Trying to open up a new market is crazy expensive and hard. Forget CENTS - you’re unlikely to pull off that one, even if it meets CENTS.

And look at it this way. Do an inventory of the richest people on the fastlane forum… you’ll discover most of them started in ecommerce or some form of buying and selling something, ie trading.

How many are doing a software startup? I only know of ONE guy, and he is admitedly one of the most successful people on the forum. But that’s the only one. No one else is doing a software startup successfully.

How many people are doing an agency successfully? I only know ONE on the forum — that’s me. Oh, I almost forgot Bizydad. He’s successful too, so make that two.

But how many people are doing ecommerce successfully? FAK! That line is long. The forum is littered with their gold threads. Even Kak had an amazon business he sold to Vigilante if I’m not mistaken.

So the truth is the vast majority built up their initial cash at least by trading — buying and selling something. Including the real estate people. NOT by producing. NOT by creating. NOT by performing a service. And yet, all of you broke guys, what you all have in common is that you’re trying to do all these hard things. THAT’S WHY YOU’RE BROKE!!!

Just look at them — stop listening to what they say. LOOK at them. What do they do? Lex Deville spends $100 on Google Ads, doesn’t work out, abandons the site and moves on!!! They’re all ruthless like that. He’s not the exception.

And yet you guys that are broke, you work on things for years… years with no results.

This is your best post on this thread. I think you make several solid points. I also like that you're not really taking any shots at anybody else on the forum, you're just presenting facts and your viewpoint.

I agree with your general take that e-commerce is a pretty good place for someone to start. Much like getting a job, or freelancing, e-commerce is not the perfect solution for everybody.

I had an ecom store for 7 years. It never truly got successful. At its peak, for about 3 years, it paid all my household bills. And I only really needed to spend 2 hours 3 hours a week on it. It felt mostly like a side hustle. It worked at the time, but I couldn't scale it, couldn't afford to hire anyone, so I had to shut it down.

Meanwhile, I bought an existing e-commerce store, and it has been a great experience. Every month is a record month one way or the other.

Much like people can get stuck in something for too long (slowlane, freelance, ecom, etc), then you've got people who bounce around a lot trying new things and never learning or getting better.

I think the big thing is simply that.

Learn.

Learn your lessons. Learn from your mistakes. Keep expanding your knowledge base, and keep leveling up in business.

I think you're missing one or two. I also think a lot of the software guys keep their mouth shut on the forum. I suspect there are a ton of coders on here who at least make a living, but don't step up because they're not balling out. Or maybe they don't want to reveal their niche.

You left out at least two or three agency people too. And I think there's some people from Fox's school that are getting somewhere, but they don't have progress threads...

Still, overall your point is valid. Successful e-commerce threads trump other kinds of threads on this forum.

Last edited:

circleme

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jan 17, 2023
I appreciate your answer quite a bit and I'm going to respond to those tomorrow in depth, as I want to respond more in-depth. Your answer to my post made me think quite a bit about my current "way". I don't disagree with you at all at this stage, I'm just having kind of a hard time to process all of your information as I'm a huge beliver of the CENTS model, as it makes sense on all edges - besides your exceptions I guess. I know what you are getting at.

AquadVintage

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Mar 20, 2023
Well, that’s exactly right. I will soon be accused of Marxism and communism by someone, but employers are in fact exploiting their workforce. And I am doing the exact same thing as an employer. Except that unlike Marxists and Communists I see this as the natural order of things, which cannot be changed and if we try to change it we’ll end up committing much greater atrocities. But the goal of every owner is to extract as much as possible from you for as long as possible. Essentially you become a tool to fulfill their dream. And that’s OK, if you don’t have the ambition to run your own show and you’re happy being a part of someone else’s. If that’s you, then it can be perfect.

The closer you are to the source of the money, the more you can control its flow. And it’s that control that gives you power.

That’s good. You should follow @Johnny boy, he has taken that same path but in the US and with lawns & landscaping work. You’ll be head and shoulders above the competition.

That’s true, as I said it’s simply a lot harder to build that digital product, and most people are going to fail at it.

The richest people in the history of the world have been conquerors, traders, and bankers. Buying and selling at volume is a lot easier than creating something, or fulfilling a service.

Overall approptiation is easier than creation. A trader appropriates value for himself. And yes, I’m aware of comparative advantage, and trade generating wealth for everyone bla bla.

But that’s the whole point — the wealth is generated out of NOTHING, not out of actually having to create something yourself. Creating anything is hard and risky. Trading existing things is easy by comparison.

You may personally find it hard to believe, but if you’re looking to make money FAST, then in those industries intelligence is the most important metric. Perseverence is more important if we’re talking about succeedig regardless of timeframe though.

Getting rich while young is tough. The whole society is against you. Almost nobody wants you to succeed. Why would they? Imagine if you were successful, what would this say about THEM, and they’re twice your age? And therefore most young people will find it a very lonely road with the odds stacked against them.

Every advice they get will tell them to slow down, to take it easy, to get trained first — in other words NOT to be successful now.
bro i Wish u were my mentor haha

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan

And so on.

Respect

Creative_Name

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 17, 2022
E-commerce is what my cousin is doing too. He started with small dominoes by dominating video game economies when we were kids, then he learned about dropshipping’s ups and downs, used the marketing knowledge of dropshipping to learn e-commerce, and now he’s creating a network of e-commerce people who need to go through him to sell their things.

His e-commerce hustle lacked the control in CENTS, but now that he has employees (in all but name) he attains control that he didn’t have.

I think e-commerce is a good starter.

I don’t agree with calling yourself retarded or lacking social skills. I dunno, kinda sounds like shrugging your shoulders and looking for a way to avoid sitting down and learning.
Seek to prove your intelligence. Who can call you stupid or uneducated when the money is the proof?

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 28, 2022
I don’t agree with calling yourself retarded or lacking social skills. I dunno, kinda sounds like shrugging your shoulders and looking for a way to avoid sitting down and learning.
Seek to prove your intelligence. Who can call you stupid or uneducated when the money is the proof?
" Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, And the man that getteth understanding. For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, And the gain thereof than fine gold." - King Solomon

Merchandise of wisdom > trading

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.