The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You can always tell them to go to hell tomorrow.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
An article worth reviewing before someone has the urge to fire up a Tweet and ruin their career.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
You lost me at "Not to be sexist, but ______"

Obviously those weren't good relationships to begin with and you've learnt from it.

You're generalizing.

I know people just like that from the opposite sex as well. And I'm not going around suggesting men are good at X or Y.

Because it's sexist.

It is sexist because women are not only well known for this technique but are very skilled at it. Men and women are different - and it's not BAD to compare those differences. Get used to it. If you can live out the rest of your life without making a generalization, then you may indeed be near perfect. I'm not, and I don't worry about it. And I'm not going to apologize for it. Ooooooooo.

Same for race. I don't recall EVER having a discussion about race with any white person I know, but to black people race is a very big issue. Is that racist? No - that's the way it is - fact.

If a trait does not apply to you - great. You get a cookie. BUT if you have the trait of POINTING OUT how some opinion of some certain TYPE of people acts a certain way - THAT'S a trait in ITSELF! Ha Ha - by trying to avoid being "opinionated" you create yourself as being opinionated - and that's fine, by the way. Think about that! It's kind of deep, isn't it?

Can YOU have the OPINION that you hate people that have opinions?

We all have opinions - and there's NOTHING wrong with that. You can't escape that completely. You are human and you have OPINIONS about things. So go ahead and attack what I've said - that's your opinion and certainly your right - and I'm perfectly OK with that.

Funny. Thanks for a moment of entertainment.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Lol. I just stopped in for some good advice. Instead the theme which was supposed to be present has taken a complete 180.

Can we say that this is the internet in general these days? Everyone has a soap box, whether they deserve one or not.

Is that you speaking from a soapbox GPM?

b91.gif

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You lost me at "Not to be sexist, but ______"

Yeah, agreed on that one. What came later wasn't even sexist, but he made it sound like it was going to be.

That's why I cut it in half for the nomination.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Yeah, agreed on that one. What came later wasn't even sexist, but he made it sound like it was going to be.

That's why I cut it in half for the nomination.

Yes I agree with the excerpt you chose. That is valuable.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SarahO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Dec 30, 2019
Denver, CO
My friend had the same issue. That is why I made the suggestion to her that restraint could be a weapon. If you can internalize the feeling that you ARE fighting back and ARE gaining the upper hand in the discussion by remaining calm and professional, it may alleviate that. It did for her.

Of course, ideally you will reach a point where you are actually not reacting emotionally to people whose opinions you have no reason to give credence to, but until then, perhaps you could try staring placidly at the other person while thinking, "Ha! F you! You have no idea that I'm in control here and you're making an a$$ of yourself while I give nothing back."

I do yoga and meditation. Not sure it’s working:rofl:

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm thinking some people maybe missed the whole point of the original post...

Well I mean, it's a very well known fact that men tend to miss the point of things, and are very skilled at it too. /s ;)

The point of the article is to be emotionally intelligent and not lose temper and say stupid stuff. Not have someone stereotype and belittle you and your forum peers and suck it up. Sorry not sorry.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Wow. This this left the topic quickly.

giphy.gif
Haha the train wreck gif again.
Although men and women can be more deeply tuned to certain emotional elements and advantages, we would still make lots of errors all day long.

How we deal with people should be a progress of evolution...to provide value to others, as cliche as it sounds.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
So go ahead and attack what I've said - that's your opinion and certainly your right - and I'm perfectly OK with that.
I have as much right to point it out as you have to have it.

I agree. And I said that.

I have consistently been told by colleagues of both sexes, employers, friends and family that I "don't think like a woman" and that the reason I don't experience a lot of the gender bias many women complain of is that I have a "male brain," whatever the hell that means.

Are you saying there are notable differences between men and women - in general? How can we make a sweeping general statement like that? I don't detect any sarcasm or veiled insult in that statement. It may be a compliment of sorts, meaning, for example, that you have assertive take charge qualities and can be depended on to be a leader. Is that sexist? Maybe. I think we can all agree though, that is a more common trait in men, than women. Or maybe not. Joan of Arc comes to mind. And I recently saw the movie Harriet, which was a story of a truly heroic and determined woman. Sexist? Who cares - if I can't compliment qualities in a woman, and you prefer me to be silent - well, sorry - you lose. Reread the first quote of this post - ah yes - you ARE entitled to your opinion, yada, yada, yada - so we can stop the bashing now.

Well I mean, it's a very well known fact that men tend to miss the point of things, and are very skilled at it too. /s ;)

Well, I think we can all agree on that, as well. As a man, I don't take that as an insult in any way.

The point of the article is to be emotionally intelligent and not lose temper and say stupid stuff.
Looks like you are calling for a pissing contest. Sorry, not gonna humor you. I only got facts
sex·ist

characterized by or showing prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

You are showing prejudice and generalization in your comment
You're generalizing.
Nah I'm not, and don't worry about being perfect either. But when I do make a generalization I acknowledge it, apologize and move on.

Absolutely no need for any apology. I think it's ok to generalize, and most people do it. No. Big. Thing. I prefer to call it an opinion. How about putting a different spin on it - like, for example, "women are beautiful and lovely creatures that bring such joy into men's lives." Oh - that's a good thing, so I guess we can't get bent out of shape over that, can we?

I admit that my commentary is not perfectly sterile. However, it contains no insults either. I guess you see what you want to see.

Your unhealthy relationships don't reflect the rest of us out there. You're just prejudiced and resentful.

Would calling me "Son of Satan" be going too far? As I've told people a few times over the years, "I've been called much worse by much better people than you." And yet, I manage to deal with it. I can only imagine how a genuine insult of some kind might have been received. Burning flags in the street and chanting "Death to America!" See any semblance? Grow some skin.

Can YOU have the OPINION that you hate people that have opinions?

People are entitled to opinions, and have them on almost every topic; men, women, food, sports teams, and the biggie - politicians. If you want to sanitize every single comment and filter out every single opinion, then we'd have an incredibly dull existence here, wouldn't we? If you think there was any shred of hate or intolerance in my post, my my; you are in for a miserable life. I've seen people that are unhappy, that shouldn't be. I'm getting clear signals here as to why that may be. Be happy. Or, look for issues and make something out of nothing - your choice. And this is going to play out every single day of your life. As one of my favorite authors (Norman Vincent Peale) said, "Change your thoughts and change your world."

To her, she was being attacked. I doubt it was that at all. If and when she takes the stance to over-deliver, she will gladly be receiving praise.

What a novel idea. I am beginning to understand how people that dig and look for trouble are their own worst enemy. The posts here have certainly shed light on that way of thinking. I never knew how vehement the WOMEN here could get - I mean, PEOPLE - over a mere observation. Fascinating, Jim.

And now - if it's possible - here is a bit of levity about how SOME men and women MAY act differently so that we can ALL have a little laugh.

Last edited:

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I have consistently been told by colleagues of both sexes, employers, friends and family that I "don't think like a woman" and that the reason I don't experience a lot of the gender bias many women complain of is that I have a "male brain," whatever the hell that means.

Sexist pigs. You associate with people like that? Why?

Or, maybe they have a formed opinion about differences between men and women. No harm, no foul. Get over it. It's not a bad thing.

Laughable.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
I guess that MJ should add gender biases to the list of forbidden topics.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
So go ahead and attack what I've said
Looks like you are calling for a pissing contest. Sorry, not gonna humor you. I only got facts, not pee to argue with.

It is sexist because women are not only well known for this technique but are very skilled at it. Men and women are different - and it's not BAD to compare those differences

sex·ist

characterized by or showing prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

You are showing prejudice and generalization in your comment, not just stating something like "men have more capacity to build more muscular growth than women" "people of X race have more incidence of Y disease" or something of the kind. Go ahead and prove your statement with supporting facts other than "your personal experience".

Get used to it.

Nah. I'll point it out, because it may be your opinion, but it's also a fallacy, and I don't get crap spoon fed and don't question it. Your unhealthy relationships don't reflect the rest of us out there. You're just prejudiced and resentful. You will pass down your retrograde stereotypes and perpetuate them instead of teaching younger people to be more emotional inteligent, like Warren did. This article/topic was not about gender at all, you brought it up on your own and there's ladies on this forum you don't know and have no right to paint in any fake like that you choose.

If you can live out the rest of your life without making a generalization, then you may indeed be near perfect. I'm not, and I don't worry about it. And I'm not going to apologize for it. Ooooooooo.

Nah I'm not, and don't worry about being perfect either. But when I do make a generalization I acknowledge it, apologize and move on. Because my mind isn't square and scripted. It's open for improvement.

BUT if you have the trait of POINTING OUT how some opinion of some certain TYPE of people acts a certain way - THAT'S a trait in ITSELF!

Yeah the trait of pointing out invalid and unsound arguments. I see no difference between what you said and "It is a well known fact vaccines cause autism, I had the flu after I had my flu shot. You mad I have an opinion? Get over it"

Congratulations on having an opinion, it's super biased though. I have as much right to point it out as you have to have it. Get over it. :)

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
RDD could have had some tact.

I did. After an exhaustive reply, I let it go. I have more to deal with than snowflakes with hurt feelings that have a bloodthirst for revenge - for nothing. Oh no - was that not tactful? So little time - so many snowflakes.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Hey @Kak, funny how things pop up when you are involved with something. The clip below was on my Facebook feed. Thought you might like it.

As one example here, do you know what I like about @minivanman? First of all, he NEVER had a dull post - I've learned a lot from him about many different things. Secondly, although we've never met, I feel I know where he stands on business issues. He speaks up and always - always - has great stories to tell.

Contrast that to some people I know that are super careful to not say something that would reflect an opinion - and therefore they have no stories. Dull city.

For the part of the world that wants to take care to not offend anyone, I submit the following;

With that - I am OUT. Done. A reply here will not be answered. I didn't want to add to this, but this clip was just so perfect, I had to share it. I have memorized this, and I am sure that I will make use of it.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Hey @Kak, funny how things pop up when you are involved with something. The clip below was on my Facebook feed. Thought you might like it.

As one example here, do you know what I like about @minivanman? First of all, he NEVER had a dull post - I've learned a lot from him about many different things. Secondly, although we've never met, I feel I know where he stands on business issues. He speaks up and always - always - has great stories to tell.

Contrast that to some people I know that are super careful to not say something that would reflect an opinion - and therefore they have no stories. Dull city.

For the part of the world that wants to take care to not offend anyone, I submit the following;

View attachment 29752

With that - I am OUT. Done. A reply here will not be answered. I didn't want to add to this, but this clip was just so perfect, I had to share it. I have memorized this, and I am sure that I will make use of it.
I am replying to you. Right here. "I'm not going to reply."

It is yesterday's tomorrow and you can go right to hell! Mr. :rofl:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.