The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Worthy Before A Relationship?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Ricko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jul 20, 2018
London, United Kingdom
Any tips on how to balance business and new GFs?

You must set clear boundaries and stick to them. When you are at work you are at work, when you are spending time with your other half try to be focused on the now.

If you spend all day at work texting your girlfriend and then all your time with your girlfriend sending work emails then you should expect poor results professionally and personally.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
It's something I feel being 33, tiptoeing into being 34.

It is easy to argue that I have self-esteem issues. Am I ever enough? Blah blah, violin concerto etc.

The two greatest fears we all have are that you're not enough... and if you're not enough you won't be loved.

Self-esteem comes from being grateful for the good things in your life and understanding you had a part to play in those things but more than that it's recognizing what you don't like so much and changing it.

Do you think the relationship side of our lives is ...you know..."meh"...not thought about?
Do we party hard and go home?

When you ask this question you're going to get other's belief systems. What THEY think a relationship should be or what THEY think the purpose of a relationship is...

The question is what do YOU think a relationship should be? What do YOU want?

Is there any sense of lonliness? Or is it just a social idea that we get together?

Loneliness is a pattern many entrepreneurs run. I use it as a trigger to reach out to friends and family. Any time I feel "lonely" I have trained myself to reach out. My rationale is that if I'm feeling lonely there's probably many others that are feeling that way in this moment too. I shift the focus from myself to those in need.

Does that make any sense?

Personally, I cannot see any relationship until I know I am comfortable financially to support a GF and children. Hell, not even dated/sex in a year.

I think most people believe that if they focus on one thing they have to ignore everything else. What if you were to believe that because of a relationship you had -- you'd be better at what you did?

I'm not saying adopt that belief... I'm just curious as to how things would change if that were true.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Hell, not even dated/sex in a year.

Sorry, can't resist, but

563445e77d14eb3cea0d7286ba630d14.png

081e09a34f3f9ae58317281ece4e3eee.png

02b813044035b7245c79883a5b97b884.png

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
The self-esteem part signals that a relationship might be difficult. The biggest reason that someone is not comfortable with themselves is that they are comparing. No value in that.

Do what you want. That sounds undisciplined and unlike a typical fastlaner. We all do what we want in many ways and then feel guilty about it.

You are in the process of evaluating what is important to you. Check to see if that lines up with what you "want" to do.

Quit comparing yourself.

Brendan8450

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 29, 2018
Leeds, UK

It is easy to argue that I have self-esteem issues. Am I ever enough? Blah blah, violin concerto etc.

BUT..asking a group of business guys who are focussed and driven:

Do you think the relationship side of our lives is ...you know..."meh"...not thought about?
Is there any sense of lonliness? Or is it just a social idea that we get together?

Personally, I cannot see any relationship until I know I am comfortable financially to support a GF and children. Hell, not even dated/sex in a year.

Thetaker24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jun 27, 2016
If i were you, follow some pickup artists training to built self esteem and be more secure. not only to girls, but also for yourself and in the business world. i also recommend to focus on business and not on girls. Girls/women comes later.

Adventually if business succeed and still busy with it and there comes a lady in your life. Find your own way to balance that. We cannot tell you how to balance that.

Ricko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jul 20, 2018
London, United Kingdom
During his time alive he worked till 10pm. I never doubt he was a bad father. I just question how we balance it in our heads....priorities etc...

That is serious scripted BS - Working yourself to death for a big corporate, for free. If you are employed then I would discourage anyone from working unpaid overtime. If you are unscripted then by all means work whatever hours you like but your health has to come first.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
I´ve been very lonely as someone who pursued art and entrepreneurship consecutively, honing my skills every day.
I didn´t get the results I wanted! Something was wrong. I´m starting to reach out to friends and generally take it easy.

Depression and loneliness is a serious issue. Friends and socialization can give you more happiness, change in perspective, help, etc. etc..
Having a relationship can be beneficial as mentioned above.
Work on yourself, both physically, mentally and financially.

Last edited:

Brendan8450

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 29, 2018
Leeds, UK
Neil Strauss. PUA. etc..Done that. Thanks Taker

I am asking guys in business...do we postpone relationships? Or is a fleeting "Yeah sweetheart, Love you" then back to it....

Ethics and moral question...

BACK STORY:
My sister engaged to a manager of a MASSIVE retail store. They adopted a boy, my nephew.

During his time alive he worked till 10pm. I never doubt he was a bad father. I just question how we balance it in our heads....priorities etc...

Tanu1234

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 4, 2018

BUT..asking a group of business guys who are focussed and driven:

This sounds similar to my situation.

After working 5 years in business and getting financial stability, I felt something was meaning.

I realised that I should set time for personal life ( bf, marriage things).

We forget sometimes that we are not only business owners but human with heart too.

Even I have not made any plan but going to off one week ( next week) to plan at least 90 days and in plan, will allocate time for personal life.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.