The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Worth it to build a facebook niche page anymore?

Marketing, social media, advertising

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
So I started building an instagram page and compared to most things its actually easy and plus its FREE.

On the other hand, facebook it seems the only way to build a page is through paying for likes, but then again nobody sees them anymore. Hashtags don't work. Follow/Unfollow doesn't apply. Liking others photos doesn't work either.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Davor

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
May 12, 2014
Of course it is worth it. You need loyal audience/traffic to lead to your product/website. You can pay other pages to promote products but having your own pages will save you a lot more money in future.

Also never buy page likes instead promote/boost your posts.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Getting reach on FB is done in three ways: getting people to share it to their networks, getting outside traffic, or paying FB for traffic.

The first one requires an initial network: likely your personal one + your current page following.

The second one, you could get by posting to Reddit or something similar. Non-video content hosted on FB is heavily discouraged on Reddit though. You could also get it by paying for it.

The third way is through FB ads.

All of these methods assume that your posts are interesting and engaging. If they're not, no one is gonna care.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I know a lot of the content providers out there are making Facebook groups now. You don't get to push out ads from it, but the engagement is much higher there.

Something to think about.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Second what @Scot said - groups are definitely the way to go for high engagement these days and Facebook is recognising this by now allowing you to tie pages to groups. One of the strongest ways you can achieve growth is to use the page to tease content inside the connected group - e.g. "Amazing discussion going on inside our group of how members are saving $$$ on top [niche] items. Come and join in the fun [Group URL]".

Run some ads to those posts and you'll get some great engagement (provided your targeting is strong)... and I know I'm telling people to pay to play, but seriously you can get some great results for $5 a day versus spending even an hour of your time going round other pages / groups to like you is going to be more cost effective (unless you think you're only worth $5 an hour that is!)

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Second what @Scot said - groups are definitely the way to go for high engagement these days and Facebook is recognising this by now allowing you to tie pages to groups. One of the strongest ways you can achieve growth is to use the page to tease content inside the connected group - e.g. "Amazing discussion going on inside our group of how members are saving $$$ on top [niche] items. Come and join in the fun [Group URL]".

Run some ads to those posts and you'll get some great engagement (provided your targeting is strong)... and I know I'm telling people to pay to play, but seriously you can get some great results for $5 a day versus spending even an hour of your time going round other pages / groups to like you is going to be more cost effective (unless you think you're only worth $5 an hour that is!)

Oh nice, I didn't realize you could link up groups with pages. I've been toying with the idea of creating a group for my page. I may jump on this.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
FB pages are great but I wouldn't focus too much attention on them because you're never going to own one. Groups is another route and I believe FB will allow us to advertise in them soon.

If you're struggling for reach Boost Posts work on people who like the page and their friends.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.