The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

World's Funniest Salesman

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There are so many Fastlane lessons in this video.

1) WHEN, not if, this guy makes it big, how many people will ignore his backstory of going door-to-door -- not many people would go door-to-door selling cleaning supplies. You are seeing a success story's process, before the success.

2) Humor as a sales strategy.

3) Having a product that WORKS. Don't tell me, SHOW ME. Show someone your product and what it does and selling becomes so much easier.

4) Taking action. Get your ideas and actions out into the world, to interact with others. By the end of the sales call, the customer wanted him to perform in between band sets. When this guys makes it big, how many people will be sitting on their couch saying, "Eh, he got lucky." (Luck is the result of his talent being exposed by action)

Steven Williams

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 29, 2011
Kenosha
No BS a young kid about 20 yrs. Old came to my house this summer selling the same product. I purchased the cleaner it really does work. Because I bought his last 2 bottles so he had to wait for his supervisor to pick him up.

I invited him into my garage and gave him a soda while he waited. I started grilling him about who trained him and why he was doing that job.

He told me that he and his girlfriend travel all year from state to state with about 15 other people selling the product. He said they recruited young adults that had been in trouble and wanted a second chance.

I was shocked when he told me that they don't earn much per sale. I paid $40 for 2 bottles and I got a free spray bottle.

I figured that the company is basically paying for there food and hotel room in exchange for them selling the product. They make a little money but not much.

I told him that the training that he received was worth millions! Some people might think they are using comedy to sell their product but the are actually using what I call "off balance" technique.

If you watch the video again you'll notice that the homeowner only has about 1 or 2 seconds to respond to what the guy demonstrates or asks him. This technique best when doing door to door sales.

When I was 13 years old I sold cheap door alarms door to door and I learned fast that you don't want to allow the homeowner a chance to say no until you've demonstrated every aspect of your product.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vhwin

Hungry Newbie
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 20, 2011
Australia
"Two years in door to door sales is equal to four in college"

"What are you selling?"
"Personality"

Brilliant video, in so many aspects, great instructional for anyone in sales, even greater to see someone out there pursuing the process of success.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

sharky

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Mar 2, 2011
Philadelphia
That is awesome! I had a similar guy come around a few years ago selling magazine subscriptions, I bought one just because he was so good and could care less about the magazine, but it was worth the $20 or $30 I paid just to see his pitch.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
That is awesome! I had a similar guy come around a few years ago selling magazine subscriptions, I bought one just because he was so good and could care less about the magazine, but it was worth the $20 or $30 I paid just to see his pitch.

Same. I like to encourage young salesmen and sales women, because sales techniques are important to become a successful business owner. Almost every aspect of life involves being able to convince someone to do something for us; sales just involves the exchange of money for goods but in general your ability to convince people and make them trust you is very important. Want to sell your business once it's grown? Your selling techniques will determine if that happens or how much you get paid for your business.

Want to hire talented employees to work for you but you don't have much money to pay them at the moment? Your selling abilities determine if they'll come to work for you for less pay or take the higher pay somewhere else. Richard Branson is naturally talented at sales; his charisma attracts people to them and makes them want to work with him even if there are better alternatives.

[video=youtube;Q6hILGfbqSg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6hILGfbqSg[/video]

But you don't have to be a Richard Branson or Steve Jobs to be a good salesman; it just takes a lot of determination. Once you get enough failures as a salesman/saleswoman, you begin to realize that failing to sell isn't that big of a deal. It's not the end of the world. You just pick yourself back up and try again. And, you also realize which techniques to use and that ultimately sales is a numbers game; if you ask enough people you'll get a certain amount of purchases and a certain amount of rejections. This applies to any product since within any market, there are a certain amount of people that will buy your prouduct and a certain amount that never would, for whatever reason.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mags

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Oct 18, 2011
This is definitely worth a bump.

Oh wow. I didn't even know this post was from over a year ago.

I was laughing the whole time I was watching him. Excellent salesman.

"You must be a teacher... because you got a lot of class." LOL.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.