The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • It's back! As an INSIDER you can now SORT any thread by LIKES. See this post for more info.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

WEB SCHOOL Working with an automotive remarketing company

Johnny boy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I recently have started working with an automotive remarketing company, B2B. They deal with large companies to get fleet vehicles sold at auctions efficiently and for the highest price.

They have multiple offices around the country, here are the businesses they work with.
  • Lease companies
  • Fleet Companies
  • Insurance Companies
  • Banks/Credit Unions
  • Rental companies
  • Transportation
  • Oil and Energy
  • Communications
  • Government
  • Manufacturing
  • Dealerships
  • Repossession
  • Food and Agriculture
  • Others.

They reached out to me to help their marketing.

My plan is to research competitors, learn more about the industry, and I want to meet with a fleet manager for a larger company and buy them coffee, asking them how they personally go about finding an automotive remarketing company to do business with.

I usually start with asking "where do you get all of your customers from currently?" and this usually tells me a decent place to start. Any operational business that's been around for years HAS to have SOME idea about how to find customers, so I like to piggy back onto that and apply some modern touches or slightly improve systems in an already working strategy, but this guy has said their business comes from their relationships they've formed after being in business so long...which isn't very helpful. (call clients and ask for referrals I guess?)

Does anyone here have experience in this industry? Does anyone have some broad experience in B2B marketing in a way similar to this? Has anyone here been a fleet manager for a company?

Can we run facebook ads targeting the job title of "fleet manager" within many different large companies and see if that works?

Any ideas?

broswoodwork

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2015
I recently have started working with an automotive remarketing company, B2B. They deal with large companies to get fleet vehicles sold at auctions efficiently and for the highest price.

They have multiple offices around the country, here are the businesses they work with.
  • Lease companies
  • Fleet Companies
  • Insurance Companies
  • Banks/Credit Unions
  • Rental companies
  • Transportation
  • Oil and Energy
  • Communications
  • Government
  • Manufacturing
  • Dealerships
  • Repossession
  • Food and Agriculture
  • Others.

They reached out to me to help their marketing.

My plan is to research competitors, learn more about the industry, and I want to meet with a fleet manager for a larger company and buy them coffee, asking them how they personally go about finding an automotive remarketing company to do business with.

I usually start with asking "where do you get all of your customers from currently?" and this usually tells me a decent place to start. Any operational business that's been around for years HAS to have SOME idea about how to find customers, so I like to piggy back onto that and apply some modern touches or slightly improve systems in an already working strategy, but this guy has said their business comes from their relationships they've formed after being in business so long...which isn't very helpful. (call clients and ask for referrals I guess?)

Does anyone here have experience in this industry? Does anyone have some broad experience in B2B marketing in a way similar to this? Has anyone here been a fleet manager for a company?

Can we run facebook ads targeting the job title of "fleet manager" within many different large companies and see if that works?

Any ideas?
Sounds like a linkedin, direct mail, and hammering the phone deal to me, but the only remotely related experience I have is technical recruiting.

Here's another bump until someone more qualified comes along.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Freelance [and other] Udemy Courses
How do I pick one among so many courses? Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D
Replies
Views
Top Bottom