The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Welcome to The Fastlane Entrepreneur Forum.

Register Log in
  • The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 48 hours.

Work: Late Night vs. Early Morning

Dark Knight

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Mar 9, 2018
Warsaw
I would like to know your opinion when you are more productive and creative at work? When do you work at night or early in the morning?

I am 23 years old and so far I'm working poorly on ideas and working on my own business in the morning. I feel zero concentration in the morning. However, it goes much better at night.

And how is it with you? Do you prefer work at night or in the morning?

Sorry for my english, I'm still learning.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
FASTLANE INSIDER
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
A number of guys here have built businesses by night, and a number have built them by dawn.

Do what works for you. Waking up early and accomplishing nothing because you can’t focus is a huge waste of time.

I prefer to work at night because early morning is reserved for the gym. My slowlane job starts at 7am, and if I didn’t hit the gym beforehand I wouldn’t ever make it there. Working at night does have occasional drawbacks for me, because some nights I’m too drained to focus at a high level. Those nights I’ll visit this forum or read.

Last edited:

Jello

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
FASTLANE INSIDER
Jan 1, 2018
NL
Most people are more focused in the morning but that differs from person to person.

Obviously you tried both and gave the answer already. You're more concentrated at night.

So work at nights.

handog

Believing Is Seeing
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
FASTLANE INSIDER
Sep 3, 2018
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Get into the habit of getting into good habits. Consistency is key. Focus on yourself first to make sure you are getting good enough sleep, good diet and good workouts and you have to focus on those in the same order. Once your day is filled with good habits and you are in your own rhythm on a daily basis, then you will naturally know when the best time to fit your fastlane efforts in.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
FASTLANE INSIDER
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
I used to think I was a night-owl type also. For years I would try to wake up early and my mornings would be miserable..

The only reason I kept trying it was because I have read so many successful people wake up early.

So after a lot of practice I have been waking up at 5am everyday (trying to go to bed around 9pm) and I am still a bit tired but I can tell mornings are better for me. I feel more mentally alert in the morning for some reason. There's also no distractions in the morning like there is at night.

I also think there's a psychological advantage in the morning simply because you're up and moving before everyone else. It's like a placebo effect when you get a bunch of stuff done and the clock hits 8am. You get a, "Wow I'm so productive and I have so much time left," feeling. Along with a confidence boost that says, "I'm so committed to success, Nothings going to stop me! I'm working while everyone else is sleeping!!" Even though you have the same amount of hours in the day as everyone else.

But maybe that's just me.

robotunicr0n

Bronze Contributor
Jan 16, 2013
I work best when I have somewhere else to be. Like I get the most motivated to work when I should be going to work, and by the time I get home, I'm too drained to focus at a high level. Sadly Saturday and Sunday I don't feel this, but on days like yesterday when it's a work holiday, I do get that motivation so I take advantage of it.

Otherwise usually the best in the morning after a couple of hours of waking myself up. Night time I get too drowsy to focus

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Search Forum