The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Work in eCommerce?

Blue Lion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 30, 2013
Asia
I potentially have the opportunity to join an eCommerce site/app which has just expanded to Asia. The company doesn't sell products but rather provides a "service".

The role would be a sales position which would involve signing up merchants to use the platform for their business while also targeting corporates to use the service for their employees.

I am currently working in Finance, however, I'm looking to transition out soon and eventually start my own business. I think this could be an interesting stepping stone to improve my sales skills and learn more about eCommerce.

It's a big decision to move out of Finance, so I am interested to hear your thoughts on the potential move. The two salaries are quite similar so that isn't a factor.

Also, does anyone have experience in a similar role and could shed some insight? Thoughts on whether its a good opportunity?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

scratchdisk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Feb 11, 2014
Portland, Oregon
I'm a software engineer, so I really don't know much here, but I hear sales is one of the most valuable skills you can have. So it might be awesome just from the standpoint of expanding your skill set. Good luck, I hope it works out!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.