The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Wordpress for Internet Business

Ron Gipp

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 18, 2017
California
I have a business idea which I started the process of launching a website.

I plan to host it on BlueHost and use Wordpress to create and manage the content.

Does anyone have any recommendations on books to read for this web development opportunity?

Any Wordpress themes work well for a business website?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LRG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
363%
Apr 14, 2016
There are many good WordPress themes for a business website. I personally used Divi but heard that other premium themes like the Avada theme, or the Genesis framework, or the X theme are also good choices. You probably can't go wrong with any of them. I would avoid the free themes though because of the lack of frequent updates.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
No suggestion on books. But look for a theme that is designed for fast page load times and is mobile friendly (if not a mobile-first). Check real reviews and run a page-speed test on their demo pages.

Aardvark

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
May 16, 2017
England
I have a business idea which I started the process of launching a website.

I plan to host it on BlueHost and use Wordpress to create and manage the content.

Does anyone have any recommendations on books to read for this web development opportunity?

Any Wordpress themes work well for a business website?

You can find all you need with a quick search of YouTube. Thats how I learnt.

Ron Gipp

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 18, 2017
California
My next question is do I pay a developer a few hundred bucks to do it for me?
I'm not concerned about my ability to do it.
I'm just thinking this is a small amount to get a site up and running quick and it will look more professional than mine.

Aardvark

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
May 16, 2017
England
You might be surprised at what you can do. I'd say give it a try, it's a few hours of your time and if you enjoy it and think you could get good at it it's another skill.

Besides, it'll give you a better understanding about the process when you talk to a Website Builder.

Ron Gipp

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 18, 2017
California
You might be surprised at what you can do. I'd say give it a try, it's a few hours of your time and if you enjoy it and think you could get good at it it's another skill.

Besides, it'll give you a better understanding about the process when you talk to a Website Builder.

Thanks.

I'm very technical or work with computers all day.

I'm just worried about the creative piece.

But I'm going to try it myself first

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.