The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Winter golf in Europe?

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Mar 20, 2019
Want to take my dad on a golf trip. Maybe something longer term. Any recommendations of good areas with golf courses please? Maybe the algarve or Southern Spain?

Something non touristy in Spain would be amazing as we both speak Spanish.

Thank you

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
Want to take my dad on a golf trip. Maybe something longer term. Any recommendations of good areas with golf courses please? Maybe the algarve or Southern Spain?

Thank you
Perhaps you should consider coming to Yuma, Az in the USA. Right on the border of Mexico so many people speak Spanish here.

My course is loaded with Canadians for the winter but it is not really a tourist town. More of a winter haven for snowbirds.

Sounds like you are looking to stay in Europe but I thought that I would put that out here.

MTF

Never give up
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011

Thank you

Anything else you want to do there? Anything you don't like or really love in a perfect getaway destination?

Algarve is the definition of touristy and so is most of southern Spain where there are golf courses.

I'd consider Madeira as well though sunny skies aren't as guaranteed there.

Ing

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I don’t play golf, but I m near that some weeks a year. I love that area. Its often warm here in the cooler times.

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Mar 20, 2019
Perhaps you should consider coming to Yuma, Az in the USA. Right on the border of Mexico so many people speak Spanish here.

My course is loaded with Canadians for the winter but it is not really a tourist town. More of a winter haven for snowbirds.

Sounds like you are looking to stay in Europe but I thought that I would put that out here.
That sounds great thank you. I may come over there myself. But with my dad I'm looking for something within a few hours of the UK

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Mar 20, 2019
Anything else you want to do there? Anything you don't like or really love in a perfect getaway destination?

Algarve is the definition of touristy and so is most of southern Spain where there are golf courses.

I'd consider Madeira as well though sunny skies aren't as guaranteed there.
Sun, Great hikes and landscape.

Beach wouldn't go a miss.

Thank you I'll check out Maderia

MTF

Never give up
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011
Sun, Great hikes and landscape.

Beach wouldn't go a miss.

Thank you I'll check out Maderia

Then you'll love Madeira. It's a hiker's paradise. Just make sure not to stay anywhere in the mountains because it will be cold and cloudy.

robertwills

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Sep 9, 2020
Atlanta, GA

Thank you
Luck you. Marbella, Spain has year-round golf. The general area is quite spacious, unlike a lot of other European places that are much more densely populated. The landscape is beautiful enough; has a nice, high mountain in the background but is not what I would call panoramic like other places in Spain.. Marbella has great upscale shopping, dinning and anything else you would ever want.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
One year ago, I was just your average software developer who always consumed content about...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom