The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Worldwide C0VlD-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

NovaAria

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 18, 2018
I don’t buy that people can get it a second time, especially in such a short timeframe.

imagine that when you get infected, the volume of viruses produced becomes like a swimming pool full of water. Your immune system mounts a response and drains the pool. Then right after it’s challenged with 1 drop and all the immunity your body built to drain the pool can’t handle that one drop.

Again, the information we have right now is rather sparse as our primary source was the Chinese government, but more and more papers are confirming that the virus causes a Cytokine storm. Basically, the virus hijacks the immune system built specifically to fight it. The more white cells you have in your lungs, the more white cells your body produces because the virus is inducing their production. Until the lungs cant function anymore.
It's why some of the recommended treatments are actually Cytokine inhibitors.

As someone else said, this points more and more towards it being an engineered virus accidentally released on its maker.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Except that this virus isn't behaving the normal way.

Instead of an immune response that results in killing the virus, the viral load strangely stays high while your symptoms subside.

Here's the explanation I've seen that makes the most sense. (This is not medical terminology, it's just my understanding based on what I've learned.)

This virus is behaving like the SARS vaccine that they were trying to develop.

When they administered the vaccine, and then test subjects were subsequently exposed to the pathogen, their illness was far WORSE than the illness for subjects who had never been vaxinated.

The mechanism behind this was basically antibody-assisted transmission.

In other words, instead of antibodies doing their normal thing and killing/deactivating the pathogen, they acted like the key to assist the virus to get into the cell.

I have heard medical professionals constantly express surprise at the behavior of the immune system with this virus. There's something weird going on here.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
"Nothing to see here, move along!"

The futures reacted negatively, not terribly bad, but negative overall. That means that moneyed opinions believe the issue is more worrisome than what was messaged.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
One thing that fascinates me is that so many people seem to almost want an apocalypse to happen, whether it be the coronavirus, the extinction rebellion, societal collapse, etc. I don't think that they want people to suffer per se either; I just think there's something going on with the cultural psyche where people like the idea of living through the apocalypse. It's a weird time to be alive.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
One thing that fascinates me is that so many people seem to almost want an apocalypse to happen, whether it be the coronavirus, the extinction rebellion, societal collapse, etc. I don't think that they want people to suffer per se either; I just think there's something going on with the cultural psyche where people like the idea of living through the apocalypse. It's a weird time to be alive.

Maybe it's like a vacation where you don't have to engage in the drudgery of everyday work... all you have to do is survive. The passive person's version of going into the wilderness and roughing it?

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
How many of you guys are already prepping or is already prepared?
What scares me the most is the thought of positive cases popping everywhere and creating a pandemic panic attack. I also have 2 emergency whiskey bottles. :)

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Maybe it's like a vacation where you don't have to engage in the drudgery of everyday work... all you have to do is survive. The passive person's version of going into the wilderness and roughing it?

That's definitely part of it for some people. Fight Club does a great job showing how some people view modern life as so mundane that they'd happily blow everything up just to feel like they're part of something that matters.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Watched it. I always get nervous when the folks in DC are congratulating each other on what a great job they’re doing.

Trump said of the 15 patients in the US, "only one" was "not doing well". If that patient dies, the virus has a 6.6% mortality rate, even with the best healthcare.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
That's definitely part of it for some people. Fight Club does a great job showing how some people view modern life as so mundane that they'd happily blow everything up just to feel like they're part of something that matters.

"People want to be a part of something bigger than themselves".

This is one of the keys to branding and marketing, I've learned. A brand that people talks and cares about.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Trump said of the 15 patients in the US, "only one" was "not doing well". If that patient dies, the virus has a 6.6% mortality rate, even with the best healthcare.

Sample size too small, no statistical significance.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014

The numbers are too small to make any valid assumptions like that. It could be better or worse than that. Statistics only really work for sizable populations.

for example, if one person had it and died, that does not mean the mortality (death) rate is 100%. Just like if one person has it and lives the mortality rate is not 0%.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
How many of you guys are already prepping or is already prepared?
What scares me the most is the thought of positive cases popping everywhere and creating a pandemic panic attack. I also have 2 emergency whiskey bottles. :)

Wuhan virus or not, my house is equipped for blacksmiting, metal casting, raising chickens, growing fruit, growing herbs, pickling, making soap, making antiseptics, and making mead or wine. With slight effort I can add distilling, black powder, stronger antiseptics (cautery stuff like silver nitrate), and probably basic antibiotics. I would hate for the thing to blow up into a real apocalypse, and I don't even remotely think it will, but if it does I'll be one of this dark age's fuedal lords ;) Come on by the fortress if things get rough with the shambling masses of Corona zombies.

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
Wuhan virus or not, my house is equipped for blacksmiting, metal casting, raising chickens, growing fruit, growing herbs, pickling, making soap, making antiseptics, and making mead or wine. With slight effort I can add distilling, black powder, stronger antiseptics (cautery stuff like silver nitrate), and probably basic antibiotics. I would hate for the thing to blow up into a real apocalypse, and I don't even remotely think it will, but if it does I'll be one of this dark age's fuedal lords ;) Come on by the fortress if things get rough with the shambling masses of Corona zombies.

Nice. I shall keep that in mind. haha

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018

I’m taking you up on this when my 200 acre abandoned farm runs out of wild boar.

What state are you in again?

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I only mentioned it because if Trump was trying to make people feel better using those numbers, those numbers were not too great. Also, the 6.6% mortality was not too far off from the 8.4% mortality calculated from a sample size of 32,761

I get your meaning. It's just that, if we throw out the law of large numbers, all the numbers are meaningless.

Also, going from 6.6 to 8.4 would be a 27% increase in mortality rate. In other words, more than 1/4 of the survivors at the 6.6 rate would die if 8.4 is correct. I think that would be significant. But I also am highly sceptical of the numbers. I think they're testing all the dead people and people on death's door, and none of the people who fight off the virus with mild symptoms. And the media is turning the whole thing into an orgasmic attention-seeking frenzy to fill their pockets with ad money.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

andrewsyc

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 14, 2017
Iowa
Aside from stalking up and if you had specific antiviral drugs, Quercetin may be good to get. I haven't really experienced any bad side effects. Granted it's sold as a supplement, a plant flavanoid, but of all the ones I've tried (like green tea extract) it seems to work the best.

Anecdotal, my sister works as an outcall nurse practitioner and hasn't gotten the flu while coworkers have and said she's gotten over things a lot quicker while on it.

Might be worth a shot. It's relatively cheap and not regulated and I think most brands should be good.

Quercetin, a flavonoid present in a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, has been investigated for its antiviral activity. Cell culture studies have shown that quercetin can reduce infectivity of target cells and replication against a wide variety of respiratory viruses, including HSV-1 and HSV-2 (9, 14), adenoviruses (AdV-3, AdV-8, and AdV-11) (9), coronavirus (14), parainfluenza virus type 3, respiratory syncytial virus (20), rhinovirus (15), and severe acute respiratory syndrome (8). It has recently been reported that quercetin feedings can reduce URTI following 3 days of exhaustive cycling exercise in athletes (27). However, the effects of quercetin on susceptibility to infection following exercise stress in a controlled experimental viral challenge model have not been determined.
From: https://journals.physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/ajpregu.90319.2008

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 10.00.13 PM.png

Again, anecdotal, if you are at the store though swing by the pharmacy and pick some up considering the low cost and low to no side effects and potential upside. Feel free to google around and see what you find.

Same source:
Cyclists ingesting quercetin at 1,000 mg/day over a 3-wk period experienced a significantly lower incidence of infection during the 2-wk period following the intense exercise. It is important, however, to note that this was based on self-report of upper respiratory infection with no confirmation of viral illness.

Last edited:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Quercetin is an example of why (probably) people grow bitter herbs, and eat them, without really knowing why they do it. Who would choose to eat all this weird tasting stuff? Who would drink bitters, or quinine? But we do, if we can separate ourselves from junk food. Look at traditional diets, especially in equatorial climates, and they're full of the stuff. Stock up on capers ;)

andrewsyc

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 14, 2017
Iowa
Quercetin is an example of why (probably) people grow bitter herbs, and eat them, without really knowing why they do it. Who would choose to eat all this weird tasting stuff? Who would drink bitters, or quinine? But we do, if we can separate ourselves from junk food. Look at traditional diets, especially in equatorial climates, and they're full of the stuff. Stock up on capers ;)

Capers, absolutely, highest density I believe of Quercetin.
I prefer the pills :)

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Can you post a link to this explanation from a reliable (i.e., medical or scientific) source?

Can you post a link to some of these medical professionals who have said this?
Yes.

Instead of an immune response that results in killing the virus, the viral load strangely stays high while your symptoms subside.

Here's how the body's immune response normally works:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xotNiLJDT-c

Here's how it's working with this new virus (see 12:25-13:05):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQFBUgDgG_k

Here's the explanation I've seen that makes the most sense. (This is not medical terminology, it's just my understanding based on what I've learned.)

This virus is behaving like the SARS vaccine that they were trying to develop.

When they administered the vaccine, and then test subjects were subsequently exposed to the pathogen, their illness was far WORSE than the illness for subjects who had never been vaxinated.

The mechanism behind this was basically antibody-assisted transmission.

In other words, instead of antibodies doing their normal thing and killing/deactivating the pathogen, they acted like the key to assist the virus to get into the cell.

Here's the info about the SARS vaccine that I mentioned (see 13:58-18:22):
View: https://youtu.be/HrqRAtViUZw?t=838

I am sure there was also a video by Dr. John Campbell on this, but his video titles are not descriptive and I've looked at more than a dozen of them looking for the place where he talked about it and can't find it. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

There was also another video that had a good animation of what was going on here, but I've looked everywhere I can think of and can't track it down. It's going to bother me until I find that again. I'll post the link here if I find it.

I have heard medical professionals constantly express surprise at the behavior of the immune system with this virus. There's something weird going on here.
Here's one instance of the surprise expressed (12:50-13:03):
View: https://youtu.be/OQFBUgDgG_k?t=770

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Mar 19, 2014
First confirmed person in Denmark, my country, this morning. The person is an employee at one of the two biggest tv stations here. The news breaked 5 mins ago, it's 06.42 local time. It's gonna be an interesting day.

He was skiing in northern Italy last week. Was showing sympthoms monday, tested yesterday and confirmed this night.

He lives within 100 km of me.

Maybe time to rice it up.

scottmsul

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
302%
Apr 29, 2017
Boulder, CO
It should be easy to calculate the mortality rate if you can track the cases individually right? If we knew the number of cases three weeks ago, and then tracked just those older cases up until today, you could calculate the mortality rate exactly. Obviously we don't have access to that information, but hospitals surely do. I feel like this is something we should know by now.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
The first community case has been found in California. This was someone that had no known exposure and just wandered in off the street.

Surely there were many others exposed from this person or the person who then contracted it from. This was inevitable really, but surely we will start to see surprise cases popping up in California and likely other areas of the country soon.

California in general is a huge risk to the US. If this gets into the massive homeless population there it will explode overnight. People living close together in unsanitary conditions is a recipe for biological disaster.

Last edited:

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
There we go guys. Now we can move from idiot conspiracies about the virus designed to kill us all, to how the cure is designed to scam us of our money. SMH

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I dont think me and my family could be more prepared for anything that may happen.

Got some more meds for my dog an extra months worth and pilled up the dog food.

Doubled up on petrol to.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.