The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Will Prez Trump succeed in bringing back jobs from China?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I KNOW I KNOW NO POLITICS, but this is gray area!

I just couldn't help myself :D

will lowering tax on corporations bring back jobs like trump is planning?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

petkovic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 28, 2015
Germany
My bet is, taxes won't he lowered significantly.

But I don't bet anymore...

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I have faith in his business abilities!

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
We are living in strange times my friend. The idea seems plausible but we all know how that political game go already. China is catching up on the rest of the world really fast. It might be 50 or 100 years from now but they have a strong chance to be the leading global superpower.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
In terms of jobs lol robots are taking over the pie. A company in china that creates apple's chips will be using thousands of robots soon.

petkovic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 28, 2015
Germany
In terms of jobs, I believe the bigger obstacle for American factories is labor cost and this will most definitely not go down. American productivity has increased steadily in recent years but factories had to go the automation route.

I come from Germany, which is rumored to have high wages and a strong industrial sector. But German factories are only competetive when it comes to very specialized products. Mass market: forget it.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I do believe manual labor will be robotized!

Trump will train everyone to be mechanics!

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
I'm just hoping he doesn't go through with insane import tax increases

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
I think Americans now should be more concerned with keeping their piece of shit importing from China businesses, if we talk less about average people and more about "fastlane".

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I'm still scratching my head over why America is still convinced we need more factory jobs.

500,000 new millionaires last year. You think they made that money working in Detroit for Ford? Nope!

America's economy is post modern. We are built on technology, ecommerce and service industry. Going back to industrialized is a step backwards.

Also, we all know what costs of manufacturing are for china vs America from all the forums about importing. There's no way prices will stay low if we try to pay Americans a living wage for factory jobs.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
I'm still scratching my head over why America is still convinced we need more factory jobs.

500,000 new millionaires last year. You think they made that money working in Detroit for Ford? Nope!

America's economy is post modern. We are built on technology, ecommerce and service industry. Going back to industrialized is a step backwards.

Also, we all know what costs of manufacturing are for china vs America from all the forums about importing. There's no way prices will stay low if we try to pay Americans a living wage for factory jobs.
This is not how average people live and this is not what represents US in general.

Regarding importing and manufacturing:
1. Russia is cheaper and offers by a degree higher quality of production.
2. Establishing your own production in Russia is by a degree more efficient compared to China.

Also, as costs increase and entrance barrier becomes high, more people will have to go to 9-to-5 jobs, leaving the market for high quality brands that work with high quality products.
This is a step forward, not a step back.

Continuing oversaturating the market with low quality offers = creating the environment of decline.
Even I'm fed up with piece of shit American businesses, seeing how toxic they are, and I don't even live in US.

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015

Yes, but some people just don't have a chance doing what we do. We can all say "go Fastlane!" but it's not for everyone. My family members are labor workers and could never imagine themselves working online. Some of them don't even know how to type on a keyboard. This is why a lot of the "educated" people have been scratching their heads this election season.

And I think this will actually boost the technology sector, because businesses and factories will want to cut costs ASAP. That means the field of robotics is going to grow rapidly. Much faster than before, because there's not a real "rush" on robotics. But now business is being brought back to America, so businesses need to get back to innovating.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Yes and no.
Some business will be in the best shape to take advantage of whatever incentives Trump has to offer, but some might not.
Some people might just go on doing their own things, with no knowledge of such things.
Some people might just keep on blaming the country for its woes.

But it really depends what steps we do want to take to go closer to our goals, with the influence of the law bearing upon us. But well, it seems that the rich or well-developed Fastlaners will be rewarded quite richly!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
but this is gray area!

Not really, it IS political so I need to close it.

However, there is a discussion on the inside about the effect Trump could have on importers doing business in China.

This IS a very relevant convo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads