The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why wait until 2015? Start changing NOW!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
Most people make a huge list of goals and objectives for the new year. They might start out well, then slowly start to fall back on bad old habits. In February or March, the gyms are half empty compared to January levels. People realize they won't make it, and choose to wait another 9-10 months to try again, instead of either getting back on the right track or making new goals right away instead of waiting for another year to start.

I am guilty of the above. It has happened to me almost every year. I want to change this. I know that I need to make a lot of changes to my life in order to become a successful entrepreneur. 2015 is soon approaching, but there are still 18 days left of the year. The biggest mistake people commit is to try to change tons of old habits magically when January 1st arrives without having the mindset, base or foundation to make it happen. Therefore, I will use the remaining two weeks+ to really get into the mode for the upcoming year, so that I can already have the right mindset and right routines in place to have a greater chance of long-lasting success in 2015.

What will YOU do in order to prepare yourself for success in the next 12 months? Is there anything you can do in the next two weeks in order to increase your chances of wealth, happiness and good health in 2015? Or will you slack off, party, wake up late, eat processed foods and watch TV until January, when you hope that all your bad habits will suddenly disappear?

Here is a list over things that I am going to complete BEFORE the end of the year. I don't know if the objectives will be of any value for other people in here, but I will selfishly use it as an accountability tool in order to actually get it done.

Feel free to share your own end-of-2014 goals in this thread!
  • The business I am working on will be launched
  • We will have at least 50 sales
  • We will have 100 followers on Facebook
  • I will have read The Personal MBA (currently in the middle)
  • I will have read Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
  • I will go to the gym often and finish Freakonomics audiobook (6 hours = 6 gym sessions)
  • I will have called and messaged around to all friends and family to stay in touch and take care of my relationships
  • I will have got new clothes to make me presentable as a business man (my wardrobe is on the border of embarrassing)
  • I will have achieved the habit of waking up at 7 AM constantly to do The Miracle Morning
  • I will have achieved the habit of working on core tasks from 8 AM to 12 PM
  • I will have registered, participated and found an accountability partner at The Miracle Morning forum
  • I will have learned how to cook three new and easy Paleo dishes
  • I will have taken a crash course on Paleo batch cooking (freezer meals)
  • I will have read through two gold threads on The Fastlane Forum
  • I will have made a RSS collection of smart business/marketing blogs to follow
  • I will have practiced speed reading 10 minutes for at least 7 days
  • I will have started on a course in the Life on Fire bundle
  • I will have taken a crash course in Moz Analytics
  • I will have finished Amazon FBA course on Udemy
  • I will have taken Virtual Mastermind course on Udemy
My main goals are in bold. While this is a huge list for a short period of time, I think it's very doable. Most of the objectives only require a small investment of time, while others demand discipline and dedication. The benefits of accomplishing these goals are huge, so I will do my best to cross them all of by December 31!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mike4424

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2014
Love the attitude! But what business are you planning on launching if I might ask?

GratefulScorpio

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Dec 12, 2014
great post buddy! good luck in the next couple of weeks with achieving as much as possible!

what I got out of your post was: It doesn't matter how you start, all that matters is how you finish! go hard or go home!

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
Love the attitude! But what business are you planning on launching if I might ask?

I don't want to share too many details since there are a lot of smart minds in here, but its an e-commerce store selling from the U.S. to another market.

great post buddy! good luck in the next couple of weeks with achieving as much as possible!

Thanks a lot!

End of 2014 report:

The main priority is the business, so I am happy to finally have launched even though the sales have not been as expected so far. I will probably sacrifice on some of the non-vital tasks in order to put down more hours in the business, although things like exercising, reading books and eating healthy are certainly relevant for business success.

I need to focus on only the core tasks in 2015. Having all these goals are not great for optimal performance, and may distract me from what is the most important.
  • The business I am working on will be launched
    checkbox.png
  • We will have at least 50 sales (only 11)
    ErrorIcon.png
  • We will have 100 followers on Facebook (still a bit off this goal, very disappointed by myself for this)
    ErrorIcon.png
  • I will have read The Personal MBA
    checkbox.png
  • I will have read Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (still reading)
    ErrorIcon.png
  • I will go to the gym often and finish Freakonomics audiobook
    checkbox.png
  • I will have called and messaged around to all friends and family to stay in touch and take care of my relationships
    checkbox.png
  • I will have got new clothes to make me presentable as a business man (my wardrobe is on the border of embarrassing)
    ErrorIcon.png
  • I will have achieved the habit of waking up at 7 AM constantly to do The Miracle Morning (still inconsistent)
    ErrorIcon.png
  • I will have achieved the habit of working on core tasks from 8 AM to 12 PM (still inconsistent)
    ErrorIcon.png
  • I will have registered, participated and found an accountability partner at The Miracle Morning forum
    checkbox.png
  • I will have learned how to cook three new and easy Paleo dishes
    ErrorIcon.png
  • I will have read through two gold threads on The Fastlane Forum
    ErrorIcon.png
  • I will have made a RSS collection of smart business/marketing blogs to follow
    checkbox.png
  • I will have practiced speed reading 10 minutes for at least 7 days
    ErrorIcon.png
  • I will have started on a course in the Life on Fire bundle
    ErrorIcon.png
  • I will have taken a crash course in Moz Analytics
    checkbox.png
  • I will have finished Amazon FBA course on Udemy
    checkbox.png
  • I will have taken Virtual Mastermind course on Udemy
    checkbox.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

royalads

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks a lot @dinho.... Will start working on goals which I outlined for next year; no better time to get started than now

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.