The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why Russia Locks Up So Many Entrepreneurs

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
well the US has its own issues ;) but situation in russia seems absolutely terrible

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
It's hard to find a government more corrupt than Russia, even in Central Africa. It's no better than the Soviet Union.

I hope these entrepreneurs find justice. In the meanwhile, Hong Kong and Thailand are nice destinations.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I can't imagine being thrown in jail for no reason. What a nightmare.

People don't know how good they have it here in the U.S. and Canada. Seriously you have FREEDOM and a HIGH STANDARD OF LIVING.

The rest of the world DOESN'T live like that!! 95% of the world does NOT live like that!

It's incredible to me that some people here have the balls to complain about being broke and how their live sucks and yah yah yah.

Here's an idea of how crazy the standard of living is:
1. You go pee and crap in CLEAN water. The rest of the world doesn't even have clean water to drink! yet you pee and crap in it!

2. Thousands die everyday from vitamin a deficiency yet you can go to damn walmart and buy a multi vitamin for $10.

3. For $50 you can buy a shit load of groceries. Thats the same as working a shift at mcdonalds for a day. yet the rest of the world tries to get by on around a few dollars a day.

The list goes on and on.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I can't imagine being thrown in jail for no reason. What a nightmare.

People don't know how good they have it here in the U.S. and Canada. Seriously you have FREEDOM and a HIGH STANDARD OF LIVING.

The rest of the world DOESN'T live like that!! 95% of the world does NOT live like that!

It's incredible to me that some people here have the balls to complain about being broke and how their live sucks and yah yah yah.

Here's an idea of how crazy the standard of living is:
1. You go pee and crap in CLEAN water. The rest of the world doesn't even have clean water to drink! yet you pee and crap in it!

2. Thousands die everyday from vitamin a deficiency yet you can go to damn walmart and buy a multi vitamin for $10.

3. For $50 you can buy a shit load of groceries. Thats the same as working a shift at mcdonalds for a day. yet the rest of the world tries to get by on around a few dollars a day.

The list goes on and on.

That just gave me an idea: what if someone made a charity that would donate multi-vitamins to impoverished kids? Donating 30 cents a day for them to eat rotten porridge won't help them much. They'll live longer and healthier lives, getting sick much less often, and their crappy porridge won't be that big of a deal.

Just random stuff that comes out of my head.

e_fastlane

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
May 2, 2012
I was just recently in russia for a week.. Yes this stuff goes down, but I'm surprised so many people are blinded by media. I was in both moscow and a small rural city. Both of them were nice and looked like good places to live. Talking to the locals and relatives, noone has any troubles. NO I would not want to live there, I am used to certain standards that are not there. Like for example, the food market there was filthy compared to the food managment here. But it is not necessarily bad, we just aren't used to it. For example, I was half scared to drink filtered water over there, but 93 year old great grandma has been drinking straight from the faucet all her life and is healthier then most 60 year olds I know! I ate the 'poorly handled' food there for a week with no stomach issues, just mental ones, and then a couple days after coming home my stomach hurt from something I ate at home. Go figure, thank god we make enough money to afford pepto bismal :smx8:.

They do make ALOT less money on average, but they have different priorities. Sure the relatives were watching TV from their 1990's thick TV, but they still watched the same shows. I wouldn't be surprised if the average person there has a MUCH better social life, then the average TV watching American. Having said that, Russia is not what it used to be either. I saw bentleys and ferraris in moscow and normal people with ipads on the subway. I also saw many BMW's and land rovers in the small city.

There are people in America that get locked up and years later are proven not guilty. I'm not saying its the same thing, but you better believe that in Russia they read those stories and think how bad a bureaucracy must be.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Oh, yeah, I'm sure that my view of Russia is distorted. Between the anti-black and anti-Jewish attacks that I read about on a regular basis and this, Russia doesn't look too appealing. But I'm not going to judge, because I can't remember where I heard or read the story, but there was a guy who lived in Colombia (which invokes images of kidnapping and cocaine in most Americans' minds) who was talking to a local and he mentioned that he was from the U.S. The local man said that he would never visit the U.S. because they blow up buildings there. Lol.

It's all a matter of perspective. That said, I think I could still find a lot of places I would rather live in than Russia.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
That just gave me an idea: what if someone made a charity that would donate multi-vitamins to impoverished kids? Donating 30 cents a day for them to eat rotten porridge won't help them much. They'll live longer and healthier lives, getting sick much less often, and their crappy porridge won't be that big of a deal.

Just random stuff that comes out of my head.

I think when you sponsor a child through an organization, thats parts of the package, i'm not sure.

But my favorite charities are the ones that help kids. It would be great if you could put a library with computers in the middle of a third world village and help these kids out.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
They don't really need more computers, they need to learn how to fix the computers that they have! Unfortunately, they don't know how, so they just bash them open and strip out anything valuable. Of course, a lot of the components of the computers are toxic and are harmful to both people and the local environments.

This is an old article, but it's still relevant to what's going on in third world countries regarding electronics and disposal.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/24/technology/24junk.html

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.