• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Join now and within minutes, you can start getting advice from real millionaire entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Progress Thread Why I'm Dropping Out Of College

Discussion in 'Process / Progress / Execution Threads' started by Ben S., Feb 22, 2016.

1. Daniel A

Daniel A DIESEL Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,901
    This seems legit.

http://met.berkeley.edu/

"In a four-year curriculum, you earn two Bachelor of Science degrees in one program that combines the best of the top-ranked College of Engineering and Haas School of Business. You’ll choose between two tracks:

Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences (EECS) + Business
    Industrial Engineering & Operations Research (IEOR) + Business
    You’ll be in a small cohort, benefiting from close mentoring, a tight-knit community and opportunities to connect everything you’re learning in one integrated experience.

You’ll get hands-on practice turning great ideas into real-world solutions. Go ahead. Match your engineering talent with business expertise — and become the kind of innovative leader the world needs
    ."

P.S. I joined the forum after having left college. I've since gone back and I'm close to finishing. I haven't posted much about my experiences or thoughts on it yet because I want to graduate first.

P.P.S. Wishing you the best of fortune bro.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    Mr.C and Ben S. like this.
  2. Ben S.

Ben S. Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $443
    Update 6: Bro, Do You Even Funnel?
    [​IMG] upload_2016-10-15_14-23-29.png
    Does anyone else love white boards as much as I do?

I swear... when I buy my house I'm going to have a room in my house where every single surface is a dry-erase board. Ceiling. Floor. Walls. Desks. You name it. I'll call it the doodle room. It'd be like opening up your brain and being able to see all your ideas at once. Of course, by that time we'll probably have augmented reality and we'll be able to draw things mid-air. Anyways...

I spent a majority of the last few days at these epic, huge white boards in the UCSB library. My goal was to create a complete sales funnel, including:
    • Identifying my exact target audience and creating customer avatars
    • Lead magnet ideas
    • Channels to use to direct traffic to my contest (FB ads, Pinterest posts, blogging partnerships)
    • Extremely relevant, quality content (to maintain high open rates, and low unsubscribe rates)
    • Content delivery schedule, leading up to the contest winner announcement
    • List expansion using current leads
    • Revenue streams
    • Future content creation methods
    Here's the method I used:
    1. Start with the product:
      -What features does it have? What are the benefits of these features? What are the benefits of those benefits?
      -Who would benefit from these features and benefits? In what application would they use your product? These are your customers.
    2. Move onto your customers:
      -What age range are they? Male or female? Location? Education level? Work from home? Athletic? Kids? Married?
      -What's their attitude? How do they perceive their life situation? What are their hobbies? Where do they spend their time online?
      -HERE'S A TIP, find a relevant Facebook group around your niche. Click into many member's profiles and see if you notice any trends.
    3. Create a customer avatar:
      -Create a particular person. Here's an example:
      "Andy is 33 years old. He works as a programmer at a tech company. He's very passionate about what he does and he's on the verge of a major promotion. He wants to put in more time into work, but he also wants to spend time with his son, who is soon turning 7. Balancing his work life, with his daily gym routine, and raising a smart, athletic kid is hard. Especially since his son hasn't expressed too much interest in sports so far. He loves his wife very much, but she hasn't done much to get their son into sports. He wants to find some fun way to get involved with his son."
    By doing this I realized something kind of unfortunate. My product has two very different target audiences. And guess what? The one I'm less interested in, is the one that has the biggest value gap! There's a strong need for a leader in this niche. I found a Facebook group with over 40,000 members. No product leader for this niche. No leading bloggers. Just a group of people that share things with one another. It will be a lot easier for me to successfully target this niche, than the second one.

The funny things is that my branding strongly caters to sports/outdoors niche. My products all are branded accordingly. At this point, it just seems weird that a company with this name and this branding is targeting to a different niche. Not sure how big of a problem this will be. I'm thinking of breaking my website into two subdivisions. One targeting each niche. We'll see.

Anyways. Now everything is in place. I want to start my funnel this Monday. I have my work cut out for me.

I need to set up and learn how to use MailChimp.
    I need to polish up my website.
    I need to create at least 2 of the 6 pieces of content that will be delivered over the duration of the contest.
    I need to contact bloggers
    I need to contact related companies for potential co-marketing
    I need to create a Pinterest account
    I need to schedule interviews with leaders in my niche
    I need to optimize my Facebook page

These are just a few things I need to do by Monday. Oh. And my first 750 units of inventory gets here Monday. Super pumped. Lets go!

3. Ben S.

Ben S. Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $443
    Yep. I fucked up. Never even saw this. Never cared to investigate. Thank you for this. This is something I didn't even know existed. After I make this current project work, this is the first program I'll look into.

I just wrote off college. I'm stubborn. But I don't regret my decision. I wouldn't be where I am now, if I had pursued college right out of high school. Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe that's a bad thing. But I don't regret it.

Daniel A likes this.
  4. Envision

Envision Gold Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $10,165
    Well my assumption would be you'd wanna study business..Im not trying to persuade you either direction but coming from a 22 year old kid who had to drop out and figure out entreprenuership/investing on his own because his parents couldnt afford college and the other option was racking up 10k+ student debt/year it seems silly to pass on a free education that will only help you.

Devise a plan to pay back your loan. It's good to know your numbers - its better to execute them because that puts you in the clear.

Good luck with everything though - looks like you've made some considerable growth from the start of this thread thats for sure.

5. Frushe

Frushe New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $66
    I would make an agreement with him before actually doing anything with your boss. In the first post you said he was gonna let you market and THEN he would pay you. But by what you are telling I would not trust him.

Edit: Ok I just finished reading your posts. Good that you quit with the mma studio. Good luck with everything man. Keep it up!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  6. PeterCastle

PeterCastle Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $743
    Associate's degrees are useless. You may as well not get any degree at all, in my opinion.

7. Gerrald

Gerrald New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $78
    Hi @Ben S.

I just have read your topic.
    How did your amazon business end/where is it now?
    How far are your other plans?

How do you look now to the fact that you wanted to drop out of college?

I'm a 20 year old from The Netherlands, currently in the third year of my four years college. I've also thought about it, but I have to repay the government because the government pays me money to go to school. If I graduate they remit the money. Currently about 12k.

8. Omerroz

Omerroz New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $29
    I've read all your comments on this post
    It's good that you retired from the club
    I work in a restaurant and I also saw like you this big opportunity to increase the business .. but the business isn't mine so despite all the experience that can be added to me it isn't worth it in the end.
    If I were you, I'd really concentrate on shopify
    And drive all the traffic to your site and from there to Amazon after you have already created a reputation for yourself,
    Good luck!!
    Waiting for an update

9. KSR

KSR Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,481
    Paging @Ben S. for an update? I love the growth in this thread. I still believe you should've gone to College (since it's free education that gives you credentials), but we all make our beds and lay in it.

I sincerely hope you've at least sold all product and paid off those personal loans since last updated.

Daniel A likes this.