The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WHY I do what I do and I WHY I will never give up until success

Anything related to matters of the mind

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
After a few days of very productive work, today I woke up very little motivated and feeling lazy to get to work.
I started to get distracted on youtube and procrastinating tasks that I had to do and I knew I could do.

So I had to pump up my lazy mind and push it in the right direction. I got a piece of paper and I wrote down my WHY:

100_8630.JPG

And boy, I got a fire under my @$$. I made many improvements in my upcoming product and it's just 11:15AM so still a long day ahead.
All I can say is that this method works wonders and you may want to try it out when you feel down at work.
Write down and read your WHY before you start work, you will get pumped up :)

So why I do what I do?
- for my MOM - she has suffered enough
- for my BROTHER and SISTER - they deserve a better life
- for my future WIFE - she deserves the best of me
- for my future KIDS - they deserve freedom & wellness
- for my UNCLE - he deserves help for his family and his dignity back
- for BERTI (who has had skin-health problems though all his life) - he deserves a CHANCE
- for all the people who look up to me and recognize something more than I see in myself - their long faith & support won't be wasted.
- for all the people who could benefit from me offering VALUE to them through my products
- for my HEALTH. And for my FREEDOM - because I'm NEVER going back to a 9-5 soul-killer machine

What is your WHY?
WHY you do what you do?

Let's make make this thread awesome.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012
Nice thread smarty!

To give you my why's:

- To be able to keep sustaining my family (wife + upcoming baby) even if I lose my 9-5 due to whatever reason
- Give my family a more comfortable life
- Earn enough to have my dad (58 years old) on my payroll so that he can dump his SUPER DEMANDING lifelong 9-5 job and go start enjoying life
- Last but not least: I want to experience that day that I get up one morning and know that I get to decide on what MY day is going to look like for the rest of my life.

Those are my why's and they are strong enough to never stop trying, ever! I have tried several things already and failed multiple times. But I must be getting closer now... Currently gathering new ideas and figuring out which venture I pick up next.

Thanks smarty for putting this tread up. It's really a relief to be able to get these why's on paper screen.

So who's up next?

Last edited:

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Great reasons above!

My WHY's:

-to make sure my parents don't die working
-to make sure I don't work for someone else ever again (one time was enough)
-to be able to do whatever I want, whenever I want, how I want.
-to wake up knowing I can just sit home all day and not worry about anything
-to be FREE

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
My Why's:
So I can:
  • see my kids more often.
  • give my children whatever I want and whatever they need.
  • visit my Mother when I want and help her financially. She has Alzheimer's disease.
  • bring my Nephew on board because he's an awesome person with a great family.
  • make a positive, lasting change in people's lives.
Last but not least....To LIVE life......because it's Awesome !

pz4ever

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 24, 2014
Citizen of the world
Great advice, thanks!
I often lose track of why, but then I usually sit down and read a book about entrepreneurship and then my a$$ catches fire again :)

I do this simply for freedom, to buy myself out of this modern slavery once and for all.

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
My why's
:Show my son what a great man his father is. And be able to teach him to live an easier life than I did.
:Buy new teeth. Yes I lost a couple important ones growing up in the rougher parts of town.
:Fund my childhood/present dreams of building race cars
:Most Importantly Free my parents from what will be a heartbreaking retirement.

Sean P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 4, 2014
Excellent thread! Do this myself, but not in the way as described in the OP.

Concept

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Dec 12, 2014
I love this thread. Awesome to see what everyones whys are.

Why I do what I do:
  • To spend the time doing what I love doing, when I want, with who I want.
  • To create a life for my family full of excitement. When I have kids, I want to be there and I want to show them what is really possible
  • To live a life of travel and adventure.
  • Inspire and help other people break out of the status quote create a life that they salivate over.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
To get xxx. C'mon, let's not kid ourselves, that's why everybody is here. Even women. Even gay men.
That, and a Veyron. Obviously.

Not the case here. For me it is for the reasons I wrote in OP and to become the person I envisioned myself to be since when I was a kid. That vision began to fade away for a few years in my teenage years because of some trouble & trauma at home but it never died.
It will persist and I'm coming back stronger and more grounded than ever. The more I understand myself the clearer this path gets.
It is not for the money as much as it is for the purpose of giving value and having a positive impact which is the only way I can feel fulfilled in this life.
Beware, your old self image and habitual thoughts, your old conditioning of many years will make it harder for you to see that vision of you having a big positive impact on other people, but once you see and have a taste of it, it won't go away. You won't feel quiet until you become that person and make that vision a reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Not the case here. For me it is for the reasons I wrote in OP and to become the person I envisioned myself to be since when I was a kid. That vision began to fade away for a few years in my teenage years because of some trouble & trauma at home but it never died.
It will persist and I'm coming back stronger and more grounded than ever. The more I understand myself the clearer this path gets.
It is not for the money as much as it is for the purpose of giving value and having a positive impact which is the only way I can feel fulfilled in this life.
Beware, your old self image and habitual thoughts, your old conditioning of many years will make it harder for you to see that vision of you having a big positive impact on other people, but once you see and have a taste of it, it won't go away. You won't feel quiet until you become that person and make that vision a reality.
Among the stuff money can't buy, a sense of humor.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Among the stuff money can't buy, a sense of humor.

You're right, you see? If you look closely there's a sense of humor in everything, even in your assumption.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
I am selfish then because Im striving for success out of my own personal desire for a challenge and to see how far I can really go.

Other persons problems are their own problems , I honestly believe that if you were born without serious deformity/mental handicap but with a strong back and clear mind then you have the "potential" to blaze your own path.
I do realize that some persons are born in truly shitty circumstances but I hope you get the point.

Ofcourse that "blaze" needs fuel and thats where mindset changers like the TMF /TFLF and other materials comes in but first there has be that smoldering , that spark , that faint feeling of longing for something more within yourself so that when the fuel comes gushing in you're set a blaze and KA-BOOM no challenge can stand in your way unless you allow it to!

There was a time I burdened myself with other peoples problems , like I had to become someone or reach somewhere to ease their burdens but that just sucked my energy and gave me unnecessary stress and mental clutter that I could more than do without.

However on that day when I do reach my destination there will always be an outstretched hand to those who were always there with me.

Last edited:

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I am selfish then because Im striving for success out of my own personal desire for a challenge and to see how far I can really go.

Being selfish in a world of constant pressure to settle, is a virtue. Without being selfish it's hard to accomplish anything significant. There is a healthy amount of selfishness to help you keep a healthy distance from outside pressure without being creepy. Self love and self respect is the foundation.

TheNextTrump

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 7, 2012
Omaha, NE.

On a serious note, why I do what I do:

• Most importantly, give my mother a life that she has literally only (dreamed) about. On top of retiring her, and buying her anything she has ever dreamed of owning. I plan to build her a fastlane biz out of one of her (hobbies) shes good at. Example (scrapbooking, interior design, cooking)
  • To become (Entrepreneur of the year)
  • Take care of all of the people in my life, that I truly care about and love.
  • Build enough value to be the guy I dream to be, and live the way I dream to live.

Anyway, it's a new year. Time to gain consistent progress everyone, best of luck to all my fellow entrepreneurs! Get it.

Cheers!

Last edited:
D

Deleted28123

After a few days of very productive work, today I woke up very little motivated and feeling lazy to get to work.
I started to get distracted on youtube and procrastinating tasks that I had to do and I knew I could do.

So I had to pump up my lazy mind and push it in the right direction. I got a piece of paper and I wrote down my WHY:

View attachment 8478

And boy, I got a fire under my @$$. I made many improvements in my upcoming product and it's just 11:15AM so still a long day ahead.
All I can say is that this method works wonders and you may want to try it out when you feel down at work.
Write down and read your WHY before you start work, you will get pumped up :)

So why I do what I do?
- for my MOM - she has suffered enough
- for my BROTHER and SISTER - they deserve a better life
- for my future WIFE - she deserves the best of me
- for my future KIDS - they deserve freedom & wellness
- for my UNCLE - he deserves help for his family and his dignity back
- for BERTI (who has had skin-health problems though all his life) - he deserves a CHANCE
- for all the people who look up to me and recognize something more than I see in myself - their long faith & support won't be wasted.
- for all the people who could benefit from me offering VALUE to them through my products
- for my HEALTH. And for my FREEDOM - because I'm NEVER going back to a 9-5 soul-killer machine

What is your WHY?
WHY you do what you do?

Let's make make this thread awesome.

very awesome. I think life satisfaction is very much based on what you CREATE for others rather than just what you take.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
...my WHY is to be able to make little gifts and gift good experiences to the people I care about. Like buying them a new Hard Disk because the old one is physically damaged and cannot be recovered.
Words cannot describe the joy of giving a gift because you WANT to and expecting nothing in return.
It's all about gifting good experiences :)

d917ac92d154d141ebb55d132bfb83db.jpg

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Why:
->To make sure my family never worries financially again and to be able to take care of them if ever needed
->For my freedom, not that I regret it but I went to school basically my whole life to become a corporate slave
->Live life on my terms and not waste it building someone else's dream.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
To be free
Recently I realized that "to be free" is too general and does not convey any particular clear purpose.
Basically every single person on earth wants to be free but most of them are not clear what freedom really means.

For me it is freedom to CREATE and express myself through creation. It is freedom to think & create without the society boundaries, without the limitation of money resources or limitation of my own beliefs about what's possible. Without having to worry if my one source of income will promptly disappear tomorrow.

It is freedom to use my imaginatuon faculty to create better solutions in my field of work (or play).

2 years after I quit the job, Im earning 7x my previous salary but I still don't have the freedom to create, or should I say I have some internal conflict about that because I have violated the commandment of control, that 7x can disappear at any time by a third party ;)

I've been working hard for my fastlane startup in the last few months and hoping it will take off soon.

If you're not creating, you're basically slowly dying ;)

Last edited:
G

Guest24480

Recently I realized that "to be free" is too general and does not convey any particular clear purpose.
Basically every single person on earth wants to be free but most of them are not clear what freedom really means.

For me it is freedom to CREATE and express myself through creation. It is freedom to think & create without the society boundaries, without the limitation of money resources or limitation of my own beliefs about what's possible. Without having to worry if my one source of income will promptly disappear tomorrow.

It is freedom to use my imaginatuon faculty to create better solutions in my field of work (or play).

2 years after I quit the job, Im earning 7x my previous salary but I still don't have the freedom to create, or should I say I have some internal conflict about that because I have violated the commandment of control, that 7x can disappear at any time by a third party ;)

I've been working hard for my fastlane startup in the last few months and hoping it will take off soon.

If you're not creating, you're basically slowly dying ;)
You hit the nail on the head with this one, I feel the exact same way.

Reminds me of my days back in early childhood before technology was a huge part of my life. I was blessed to have grown up during the very beginning of the internet age where computers were a part of our society but not necessarily an integral part of it just yet. I was never forced to rely solely on video games or the internet to entertain myself and would let my imagination run wild.

I.e. creating my own games from scratch and finding strange but imaginative ways to entertain myself.

I think that's something that is lacking from the majority of people's lives the closer they get to adulthood, although it is up to them to change that. Sadly, I don't think most people even realize it.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
You hit the nail on the head with this one, I feel the exact same way.

Reminds me of my days back in early childhood before technology was a huge part of my life. I was blessed to have grown up during the very beginning of the internet age where computers were a part of our society but not necessarily an integral part of it just yet. I was never forced to rely solely on video games or the internet to entertain myself and would let my imagination run wild.

I.e. creating my own games from scratch and finding strange but imaginative ways to entertain myself.

I think that's something that is lacking from the majority of people's lives the closer they get to adulthood, although it is up to them to change that. Sadly, I don't think most people even realize it.

Yep, the days in my childhood were endless and I used to spend entire days creating little toys, building small electric cranes and creating & testing electric schematics lol. There was no fixed routine because each day I would learn new things by exploring. I was curious!

Until I had to work to earn my own money without depending on my parents.

You see, we slowly but surely become money-slaves by having to worry all the time about it and sometimes spend our entire life without being aware of what we have lost and what we are really aiming for. We just call it "searching for happiness, freedom, and then happiness = money" lol.

Freedom and happiness is that thing we had when we were kids. But now, with more awareness :happy:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.