The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why I Buy My Glasses For 3 Times The Price

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

vshetty.vs

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 11, 2014
Pune
For as long as I remember I have been going to this local optician for my glasses. These guys were much more expensive than others in the same area,nor did the glasses promise laser vision or superpowers.

Why then do I still buy from here?

Tbh I have tried other cheaper local stores,bought online, bought from bigger stores with a better selection of premium glasses. But I keep returning here.

Wanna Know Why?

Coz these guys have the best F**cking service you are ever going to see. They would drive through 3 hours of snow just to keep you happy. The OWNER would pick up the phone at 3 in the morning(not that I ever called).

These guys genuinely cared about you, they would call to make sure the glasses fit well, they would recommend cheaper glasses or other shops if they believed it would suit me better.

And this was not just because of some stupid company policy, they really did care,You can hear it the voice and the way they treated you.

Maybe I’m just sentimental for sticking to these guys.

But then again they have been here for the last 50 years while other stores have come and gone. Even now with the boom of E-commerce, and most small businesses closing down.

They are opening another store.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Warby Parker cares about me too.

For 1/4 the price of everyone else.

Check 'em out.

They broke my 3-year-old frame on a lens replacement, and sent me a brand new pair. You call on the phone and always get a cheery american human right away. And they're CHEAP! (and stylish)

Last edited:

BigFrog

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Dec 9, 2016
Spot on. You don't get repeat customers with shitty service. With exceptional service you get lifetime customers.

Story time:
I'm currently shopping for a new dentist after the previous one damaged an important molar and cost me a tooth.
I shopped for dentists online, read all the reviews, booked the appointment and went in for the initial consult on Monday.
They charged $116 for a "new patient exam". When I showed up I had to sign an annoying amount of paperwork, put
a credit card on file, sign waivers, etc. When I finally got into the chair the new dentist seemed very rushed and I soon
realized that she was also working with 2 other patients at the same appointment time! Her dental assistant had
horrible people skills and cut up the inside of my gums just taking an x-ray.

When the dentist was done with the bullshit exam I was hustled back to reception to open my wallet. The receptionist
said, OK we're booking you back in on Thursday for 6 fillings. She was a pretty shocked when I said no you're not,
Dr. L is not going to touch my mouth and I'm never stepping foot in this office again. When she asked why I simply
said there were so many problems with her employer's attitude and policies that it would take an hour to explain it all.

In that office the appointment was all about THEM with very little concern for the CUSTOMER
(except for the customer's ability to pay, of course....)

vshetty.vs

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 11, 2014
Pune
Warby Parker cares about me too.

For 1/4 the price of everyone else.

Check 'em out.

They broke my 3-year-old frame on a lens replacement, and sent me a brand new pair. You call on the phone and always get a cheery american human right away. And they're CHEAP! (and stylish)
The point of my story was that. actually caring about your customers , providing excellent service and over delivering is the key to success in any business. Excellent service is far more profitable in the long run compared to cost cutting.

Take Warby Parker as an example.Getting you a new pair of glasses made you want to praise them of the forum. Someone someday in need of glasses will read that post and decided to buy a pair from there.

The lifetime value of a new customer will most likely outweigh the costs of over delivering.

Sorry if i was not clear enough:(

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
The point of my story was that. actually caring about your customers , providing excellent service and over delivering is the key to success in any business. Excellent service is far more profitable in the long run compared to cost cutting.

Your story was great, and was a good example of what successful businesses should be doing.

And the point of my story, was that over delivering, at a very competitive price, creates a 1.2 billion dollar company.

Good Product & Good Service & Good Price = Domination

Excellent Service AND cost cutting employed together can have huge results.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.