The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why has this never happened?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
So I was thinking about something this morning, why has no one ever done this?

We have an incredible community here of great copy writers, advertisers, web designers, app designers, entrepreneurs, and expert in other areas.

I'm surprised no ones put together a Fastlane "Dream Team". I know some members collaborate, but I'm talking about a firm/agency.

If someone with the capital and experience to run a business were to recruit a good copy writer, App dev, web designer, and marketing expert from this forum, I don't see why they could not be in an unstoppable web development agency

Just something to think about.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
It's not the path that I'm currently on to be a development or marketing agency. So if anyone wants this idea t's up for grabs.

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
I'm surprised no ones put together a Fastlane "Dream Team". I know some members collaborate, but I'm talking about a firm/agency.

If someone with the capital and experience to run a business were to recruit a good copy writer, App dev, web designer, and marketing expert from this forum, I don't see why they could not be in an unstoppable web development agency

That's a great idea. I'm sure a lot of people on here want a slowlane JOB. Otherwise the person with capital would be putting in a ton of money just to give ownership away when this person could've hired people and kept 100% ownership.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
That's a great idea. I'm sure a lot of people on here want a slowlane JOB. Otherwise the person with capital would be putting in a ton of money just to give ownership away when this person could've hired people and kept 100% ownership.

Doesn't necessarily have to be one guy hiring everyone. And having partners isn't always a bad thing.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
So I was thinking about something this morning, why has no one ever done this?

We have an incredible community here of great copy writers, advertisers, web designers, app designers, entrepreneurs, and expert in other areas.

Just something to think about.
Hmm, I've actually thought about that as well. Even if it wasn't a full-blown agency, we could refer people with complimentary skills to our clients.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Let's think about this for a second. Imagine that someone started something like this. And let's just say I get a PM to join as the person to head up the ecommerce or storefront version, and someone else is tapped on to do all the copyrighting and someone else to run the adwords.

Let's assume the dream team ended up being 5 people + 1 to manage the stuff. How would that conversation go? Most likely the deal to me would be something like, you run the ecommerce portion and you get 16.6% of the company.

That does not sound like a good deal for me to run one division of a company for 16%, when I can spend the same amount of time and run my own company and get 100%.

Even if it's a consulting company made up of all stars, the all stars need to consult and get paid for their time. This is something most of us are trying to avoid like the plague.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Let's think about this for a second. Imagine that someone started something like this. And let's just say I get a PM to join as the person to head up the ecommerce or storefront version, and someone else is tapped on to do all the copyrighting and someone else to run the adwords.

Let's assume the dream team ended up being 5 people + 1 to manage the stuff. How would that conversation go? Most likely the deal to me would be something like, you run the ecommerce portion and you get 16.6% of the company.

That does not sound like a good deal for me to run one division of a company for 16%, when I can spend the same amount of time and run my own company and get 100%.

Even if it's a consulting company made up of all stars, the all stars need to consult and get paid for their time. This is something most of us are trying to avoid like the plague.

touche. im out

A

Anon1351z

This has got me thinking a little.

I agree that the original idea here may not work because we're all in this to get away from the slow lane, but I'm wondering if there's an opportunity for some sort of Fast Lane charity collaboration. One of my goals for 2017 is to dedicate some of my time to working with a charity.

I feel like we have a lot of passionate and skillful people here that could collaborate on some form of charity. I personally don't have the time at this moment to spearhead this, but if someone else does, I'd be a part of it. If nothing happens, I might circle around to this later in 2017.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.