• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! Why Facebook is a Joke (And various social media/smartphone insanity)

Discussion in 'People & Relationships' started by MJ DeMarco, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Mattie

Mattie Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $24,433
    If that's the case I should get an unscripted t-shirt on and hold the two books and travel down the lake shore and take a million selfie's with tourists and say this is the latest trend "Believe it or not!" At least their useful selfie's about getting a "Real Life".

ZF Lee likes this.
  2. Crisdamien

Crisdamien New Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $87

I did this once when I was in Japan. I was a wanna be travel vlogger... on day two I realized I was looking at Japan through the lens and screen of my phone.. instead of looking around. i promptly stopped, f*ck peoples LIKES and empty approval and awe.

3. Mattie

Rep Bank:
    $24,433
    I used to take photographs a lot, and found the same thing out, at a concert. It's more enjoyable when you don't have a device in front of your face. This was back in 2004, before selfie's were popular. I used to be a photographer on year book staff in High School as well. I spent more time taking pictures than actually enjoying life. Maybe why I don't think selfie's are that great.

Crisdamien and OlivierMo like this.
  4. TinyOldLady

TinyOldLady Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $214
  5. Brian Suh

Brian Suh Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $222
    social media just exposes people's narcissism. Social media or not most people live through the lives of others never actually "living" their lives. They go to jobs they hate to impress others instead of genuinely expressing their passions. They have friends with people who they "think" they should like. They do things they don't really want to because of the expectations of others.

Real happiness comes from subjective experiences and deepening your subjective experience of life until you are fully merged into life so that you and life are one (as weird as that sounds).

Next time you are with someone with a lot of social media presence, watch how they are usually a boring person when they are off the phone with nothing novel to say.

Fastlane Liam and MJ DeMarco like this.
  6. Mattie

Rep Bank:
    $24,433
    Or watch them say a lot of irrelevant information that has nothing to do with anything of value, but entertainment, role playing, theatrics, and "Claims to be an expert", and than tells you how they're life is falling apart.

7. ShellShock

ShellShock Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $237
    Facebook should be used solely for product research/validation/ marketing. Otherwise, it's a sensational waste of time.

visiomari, Fastlane Liam and Mattie like this.
  8. masterneme

masterneme Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,976
    When Augmented Reality becomes mainstream this is going to be insane...

Olimac21 likes this.