The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why am i not getting any converstion rate?

king156

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Feb 26, 2016
Hi all, perhaps someone has some experience in the field or this area.

So let me begin im 18 years old college dropout, this is my second business im running really trying to pick things up get the ball rolling.

So the business, im in the area of forex signals I have an instagram page related to my page with my website in the bio. The account has 20k followers and im seeing daily traffic to my website where you can purchase my dvd and signals. On overage iv been getting 700 views a month to the website via both the page and organic traffic searches, however I cant seem to get any sales what so ever.

I imagined a 10% conversation rate wouldn't of been that difficult even in my sector that would be around 70 sales a month (the product is membership fee monthy) so would be plenty enough... so far from it iv had 2 sales via the website....if I hard sell it direct messaging customers that seems to work much better picking up leads...any idea why when people navigate to my website im just not getting the sales....iv heard ppc (pay per click) could be a viable alternative anyone any experience on that perhaps?

Thanks all :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
  • Banned

king156

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Feb 26, 2016
Hi all, perhaps someone has some experience in the field or this area.

So let me begin im 18 years old college dropout, this is my second business im running really trying to pick things up get the ball rolling.

So the business, im in the area of forex signals I have an instagram page related to my page with my website in the bio. The account has 20k followers and im seeing daily traffic to my website where you can purchase my dvd and signals. On overage iv been getting 700 views a month to the website via both the page and organic traffic searches, however I cant seem to get any sales what so ever.

I imagined a 10% conversation rate wouldn't of been that difficult even in my sector that would be around 70 sales a month (the product is membership fee monthy) so would be plenty enough... so far from it iv had 2 sales via the website....if I hard sell it direct messaging customers that seems to work much better picking up leads...any idea why when people navigate to my website im just not getting the sales....iv heard ppc (pay per click) could be a viable alternative anyone any experience on that perhaps?

Thanks all :)
I can also send anyone my instagram page so you can see the webpage if im allowed to do that

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
Why am I not getting any converstion rate?

Why don't you try testing your website with targeted traffic, people actively searching for your product (adwords) rather than people passing the time of day flicking through pictures (instagram)?

I'm not saying instagram isn't useful but I wouldn't use it to test if a website converts or not.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Post a screenshot of your website's landing page (the page the people hit first when they click on the Instagram link)

• Banned

king156

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Feb 26, 2016
Why don't you try testing your website with targeted traffic, people actively searching for your product (adwords) rather than people passing the time of day flicking through pictures (instagram)?

I'm not saying instagram isn't useful but I wouldn't use it to test if a website converts or not.
That's true to be fair, guess its just playing around.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
How do I add images onto the forum ?sorry new here

Two ways. You could upload directly to the forum, or upload to an image hosting site like Imgur and link it here.

I prefer to do the latter

• Banned

king156

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Feb 26, 2016
Two ways. You could upload directly to the forum, or upload to an image hosting site like Imgur and link it here.

I prefer to do the latter
Its a very basic woocommerce store with a basic overview of the products, about us page, contact then a store page. should I consider putting a video popup to explain the business in more detail upon arriving at the site?

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Its a very basic woocommerce store with a basic overview of the products, about us page, contact then a store page. should I consider putting a video popup to explain the business in more detail upon arriving at the site?

No, you should follow the instructions you were given :)

There are quite a few people on this forum who will tell you just about everything you need to do to be successful, but you gotta follow instructions.

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
It sounds to me like you're sending traffic to your website instead of a landing page. A landing page should capture people's email and name -- that's it. If you're driving people to your website, conversions are not going to be very high. Offer them some free forex tips by writing a free ebook. Give them an ebook in return for their name and email. Upsell them into your forex programs via email marketing.

Also you shouldn't just rely on traffic from free Instagram organic traffic. You should be using paid traffic through FB, Youtube, Google AdWords, Instagram, Twitter, etc. If you can't spend any money to acquire customers then you don't have a business at all -- just an expensive hobby.

DWX

Getting on with it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Nov 19, 2015
UK
Fully agree with @Mac.

Invest in paid targeted traffic and direct them to a landing page where you offer them a relevant free item in exchange for their email. The best type of freebie is one that is short, concise, easy-to-access, and able to solve a single problem quickly for them. If you're able to offer instant gratification to a prospect, that will fast-track trust and credibility.

Keep it simple.

From there, you would upsell your prospect on forex solutions that will benefit them even more.

king156

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Feb 26, 2016
It sounds to me like you're sending traffic to your website instead of a landing page. A landing page should capture people's email and name -- that's it. If you're driving people to your website, conversions are not going to be very high. Offer them some free forex tips by writing a free ebook. Give them an ebook in return for their name and email. Upsell them into your forex programs via email marketing.

Also you shouldn't just rely on traffic from free Instagram organic traffic. You should be using paid traffic through FB, Youtube, Google AdWords, Instagram, Twitter, etc. If you can't spend any money to acquire customers then you don't have a business at all -- just an expensive hobby.
Thanks both very much for the quick and informative advice much appreacited. I actually already got a opt in landing page with a free 20 min video that users can input their email to get access to, I got around 50 emails from that list but decided to remove as wasn't seeing much traction. I think one of the issues is the forex industry everyone expects everything for free or expects it to be a scam...regarding key words or key sentences was just playing around looking at prices they seem to be very epensive for my neiche such as forex being around £5 per click /:..... should I do an opt in a video sales letter without the email perhaps ? thanks again :)

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence
You are 18 and are selling a forex product/service. Have you actually been successful in forex? I doubt it. That is a big problem. I'm a professional trader. I have traded since 2002 full time for a living. Most people lose money and most people selling stuff have no idea what they are doing when it comes to trading which is why the are selling products rather than trading their own system. If you are selling junk in an industry where people are already skeptical since there are so many scams or at least products that do not work, you have an up hill battle.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Not sure I would feel comfortable showing it ? May give away personal details etc..

You can block out product names if you want.

king156

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Feb 26, 2016
You are 18 and are selling a forex product/service. Have you actually been successful in forex? I doubt it. That is a big problem. I'm a professional trader. I have traded since 2002 full time for a living. Most people lose money and most people selling stuff have no idea what they are doing when it comes to trading which is why the are selling products rather than trading their own system. If you are selling junk in an industry where people are already skeptical since there are so many scams or at least products that do not work, you have an up hill battle.
Im actually a successful spot forex trader and indicies trader. Been playing around in the markets since around 15 went live at 16...a I said you don't have to believe me!

MC Hammer

Too cold to get old
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Dec 19, 2015
Not trying to be a jerk, but if your forum posts are any indication, you may have some pretty terrible copy.

Dave510

Reversing
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 16, 2014
Im actually a successful spot forex trader and indicies trader. Been playing around in the markets since around 15 went live at 16...a I said you don't have to believe me!

To be perfectly honest, I would not trust FREE advice from an 18 year old college drop out who started trading Forex 2 or 3 years ago. It would take some serious drugs for me to consider PAYING for that advice.

I'm not trying to be an a**hole, but I seriously think an 18 year old simply cannot have the time to acquire the knowledge and experience required to trade well RESPONSIBLY. Getting lucky for 2 or 3 years and making money without managing the downside does not = success.

king156

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Feb 26, 2016
To be perfectly honest, I would not trust FREE advice from an 18 year old college drop out who started trading Forex 2 or 3 years ago. It would take some serious drugs for me to consider PAYING for that advice.

I'm not trying to be an a**hole, but I seriously think an 18 year old simply cannot have the time to acquire the knowledge and experience required to trade well RESPONSIBLY. Getting lucky for 2 or 3 years and making money without managing the downside does not = success.
lol mate I drive a 16 reg x5 get real

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.