The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Wholesale Ecommerce Dudes, best methods for Non moving inventory?

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
Been away from this board for awhile. But one of my biggest gripes is stuck/dead inventory. When should I just burn it and take it as a lost? Or just hold it for life? I really can't afford to lose money, since, I am essentially negative with all my inventory already. PS my pricing is on par with Walmart and other giant retailers and they are still stuck. I make a few posts on reddit to get traffic to my Shopify site, each post I make gets 80+ upvotes. The traffic died out after 3 days though. Out of all the traffic, I got from these posts. I got one sale...Obviosuly not worth my time. On eBay as well, adding package inserts on orders for people to go to my website to buy instead, since they get lower prices on my site. Now I have absolutely zero traffic. Can't afford Facebook or AdWords anymore and the traffic quality sucked even though I targeted well. Did it in the beginning, but traffic was never as targeted as reddit (20% bounce rate).

Forgot to mention I do Pinterest. I mean people go into Pinterest with literally a buying/collection mindset and still didn't get returns form doing that. Odd as hell.

Basement filled with inventory. 85% of inventory is stuck.

EDIT: how fast does your inventory turn over?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Been away from this board for awhile. But one of my biggest gripes is stuck/dead inventory. When should I just burn it and take it as a lost? Or just hold it for life? I really can't afford to lose money, since, I am essentially negative with all my inventory already. PS my pricing is on par with Walmart and other giant retailers and they are still stuck. I make a few posts on reddit to get traffic to my Shopify site, each post I make gets 80+ upvotes. The traffic died out after 3 days though. Out of all the traffic, I got from these posts. I got one sale...Obviosuly not worth my time. On eBay as well, adding package inserts on orders for people to go to my website to buy instead, since they get lower prices on my site. Now I have absolutely zero traffic. Can't afford Facebook or AdWords anymore and the traffic quality sucked even though I targeted well. Did it in the beginning, but traffic was never as targeted as reddit (20% bounce rate).

Are you looking to still make a profit? break even? lose a little?

I have had some bad inventory. First thing I did was try to sell in in bundles. Or a buy one get one free. Or buy something and get this one for free.

Then I tried to sell it on ebay. When someone doesn't buy your product that should cost $90 for $5 on ebay it is time to move on.

So I did the next best thing. I tossed it all out into the dumpster. It's much better to have it gone, than to have it sit these and remind you of itself.

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
Are you looking to still make a profit? break even? lose a little?

I have had some bad inventory. First thing I did was try to sell in in bundles. Or a buy one get one free. Or buy something and get this one for free.

Then I tried to sell it on ebay. When someone doesn't buy your product that should cost $90 for $5 on ebay it is time to move on.

So I did the next best thing. I tossed it all out into the dumpster. It's much better to have it gone, than to have it sit these and remind you of itself.

Thanks for fast response. Oh damn forgot the bundle method. Will do that first

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
What is it ? Can you sell it on Etsy?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FreedomforEarl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 23, 2017
USA

Forgot to mention I do Pinterest. I mean people go into Pinterest with literally a buying/collection mindset and still didn't get returns form doing that. Odd as hell.

EDIT: how fast does your inventory turn over?
Have you ever used Merkandi.com, I am thinking about joining, but its around $120 per year

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.