The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who is Best in Security Between C and Java

adisharma

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 23, 2020
Gurgaon
Hello Everyone, I am a beginner and I am working on a freelance project. I want to know which programming language is good from a security point of view between C and java? Yesterday I search on google to find it and I found, Java is comparatively more secure than C. Is it right? Can anyone know about this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

codequaza

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Nov 11, 2019
Let's think about cars in a more generic way and you're asking whats more secure? A BMW or Mercedes?
Those are just tools (cars). You need to worry more about the handling of the car than the car itself (e.g. dont drive drunk, have enough space between cars, stick to the speed limit, have good breaks, etc)
In the end every programming language like Java, C# run on servers and databases. So you gotta figure out how to make those other 2 components secure.

It's not about the programming language. It's about the environment the programming language runs in.

Here is an overview about the biggest 10 security risks in the IT business => OWASP Top Ten Web Application Security Risks | OWASP

adisharma

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 23, 2020
Gurgaon
Let's think about cars in a more generic way and you're asking whats more secure? A BMW or Mercedes?
Those are just tools (cars). You need to worry more about the handling of the car than the car itself (e.g. dont drive drunk, have enough space between cars, stick to the speed limit, have good breaks, etc)
In the end every programming language like Java, C# run on servers and databases. So you gotta figure out how to make those other 2 components secure.

It's not about the programming language. It's about the environment the programming language runs in.

Here is an overview about the biggest 10 security risks in the IT business => OWASP Top Ten Web Application Security Risks | OWASP
Yes and I have found some good references yesterday with the help of this post, C is a less secure programming language than Java because Java is dynamic and extensible and Java is also secure and robust.

codequaza

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Nov 11, 2019
Yes and I have found some good references yesterday with the help of this post, C is a less secure programming language than Java because Java is dynamic and extensible and Java is also secure and robust.
I don't know your context on how you're going to use this language, but from my feeling your overreacting as both languages are fantastic and secure, otherwise millions of software would be insecure due to the language itself (which isn't the case).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Frost

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 23, 2021
As a programmer myself I can tell you that this question doesn't make sense. If you want your program to be "secure", it's something you will have to work on yourself, rather than expect the language to offer it for you, and we still haven't even talked about what "secure" even means.

If you're indeed a beginner, I suggest you focus on more important issues, such as how to write clean code, version control software (git), good programming practices, coding style, and unit/integration testing. Security flaws come from bad code and bugs, which don't depend a lot on the language itself (before I get slandered, yes I know that some language frameworks offer better protections for basic things like buffer overflows and so on). The choice of the language will depend on the platform you're targeting. For example, if you're writing firmware for an IoT object then you'll very likely be using C, and for a web project, you'll use Javascript for the front-end.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.