The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who Here Has a Blog ...? And What's it About ...?

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
Real simple:

Who here has a blog ...?

And what's your blog about ...?

Whether you include your domain name or not ... is completely up to you.

Got more than one blog ...? Same question. What's the other blog about ...?

Here is why I ask:

I think it would be a good idea -- for all of us -- to be able to click on one thread ... and quickly find out who here on the forum is blogging about what.

The idea being ... once we know who the bloggers are ... and who is blogging about what ... that just might pave the way for future cross promotion opportunities.

You publish my article. I'll publish yours. You write an article about me. I write an article about you. You link to me. I link to you.

I think you see where I'm going with this.

Whatever makes sense.

Win win stuff.

But in order for that to happen ... we first need to know who has a blog ... and what your blog is about.

So if you have a blog ... Post it here! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
Okay ... I'll go first.

I have one blog about the legal topics (I'm a lawyer).

I have another blog about entrepreneurs, sexual kink and libertarian politics (I know ... odd bedfellows ... but I have my reasons)

And I have a satirical blog -- lampooning anything I find pretentious or worthy of ridicule (to appease my inner Lewis Black)

That's me. Who's next ...?

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I have a blog. It's not really about any particular subject, just a journal of mine that I started to overcome my writer's block. I only write a few times a month though, but if I can remember, I would like to write more often.

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
I have a blog i should be working on soon thats attached to my website about action sports.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
www.andyblack.net

It's more a "knowledge base" of articles I can send people to.

I'm way more active in TFLF.

Why I'm not blogging

(From my INSIDERS progress thread.)

I create content on a daily basis. Not on my blog, but in this forum. Let's consider that daily content creation/writing, akin to "blogging".

It's generated work for me because forum members refer me to business owners who aren't forum members.

It's not my main way of generating leads though. I just do it because I enjoy creating content and "can't not do it".

If I *had* to create content to grow my business, then it would take all the fun out of it for me.

I'm just not interested in having a blog or "content marketing strategy" where I have to write every day in order to grow my business.

I'd rather focus on making sales than writing content to make sales. I'd rather go the direct route.

For me that means using my skills to make clients happy and refer me to other people.

For me, that also means using my skills to generate leads for my own business.

Maybe I could do a bit more with my content and I'm leaving money on the table.
Except the whole idea of "blogging", "online funnels", and "building a list" bores the hell out of me.

Reminds me of "You don't need a website, you need sales."

Just replace "website" with "blog".

Sure, a blog can increase sales for a service business like mine, but it's just one of many ways HOW I can get sales.

Something I took away from "Ready, Fire, Aim" was that, until you're making $1 million per year revenue, your job is to find ONE sales strategy that works and scale it like a mofo.

I'll stick to finding ONE sales strategy that works best for me and that I enjoy, and continue writing for fun - and therapy.

EDIT:

Found it:
It looks like I misquoted it, but heck, finding your ONE initial sales strategy sounds good to me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.