• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

OFF-TOPIC Which phones do you own?

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by Galaxy16, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Xeon

Xeon My Lane Is Fastlane. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,060
    Xiaomi Mi Max

Cheap AF and looks good. Large screen but not nearly as big as a tablet, and can be used to light work on it.

WinTheDay and Galaxy16 like this.
  2. BucketHolly

BucketHolly Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $161
    Been an IOS user for 3 years now.

3. Doug Smith

Doug Smith Changing Lanes Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $340
    Echos from my consumerism past I have an iPhone 8 on a device payment, planning to keep it for as long it will last once it's paid off. Done with the upgrade/payment trap.

Xeon likes this.
  4. Barton316

Barton316 PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $2
    Im using the 3 in 1 J8 at the moment which is the worlds smallest phone, i previously did not have phone for about 8 months as my smart phone was taking over my life. (Im 24) Now i only use it for calls and texts. If the time comes where a smart phone is actually needed i will usr it for its function no more no less.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  5. kanunay

kanunay New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $87
    iPhone 6s. I'd like use it until it dies, just like the Motorola phone I had prior to this one, but with all the iOS updates I don't know if I can just swap out the SIM card when I'm in the Philippines. It worked when the phone was new but I've heard rumors that you can't do it anymore.

Galaxy16 likes this.
  6. GPM

GPM Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $20,012
    I always buy the previous version of some sort of non-Samsung flagship Android phone. I get them for about half price of when they were new, and it keeps my phone plan nice and cheap as I "BYOP".

However, I have a baby on the way, and the Huawei P20 Pro is REALLY grabbing my attention. I can get it on a 2 year contract which will only increase my phone plan by $5 a month, and it lowers the price of the phone significantly over outright purchasing it. As I stated, baby on the way, this makes me want to have something that takes awesome pictures quickly. I have never really desired the latest and greatest, but the camera on this thing makes me now want to upgrade.

Andy Black likes this.
  7. Kruiser

Kruiser Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $1,046
    Moto 5G on Republic Wireless. Phone cost about $200 and my bill is $20/month. Not top of the line, but works pretty darn well and is good enough for what I need.

Also, I've found that Android is way better than iOS these days. I find Android (and the whole Google ecosystem) to be intuitive and helpful and iOS to be intrusive and just freakin annoying. Can't agree more with Vigilante and JAJT on Android and Google's superiority.

8. PRO2018

PRO2018 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $327
    I second that. I was an Apple fan too. Recently moved to Android and can't be happier. iOS is too restrictive. Years back I put up with this for the stability and reliability that it offered as opposed to an android. No longer the case.

Galaxy16 and Vigilante like this.
  9. Galaxy16

Galaxy16 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $692
    No offense, but which logical reasons make the iPhone better in your opinion?

10. million$$$smile

million$$$smile Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $55,554
    Had a Motorola Turbo 2 until I 'lost' it tonight. I was at a Sam's Club (business class Walmart) and a Pizza slice called my name. Had to stop and fill the itch. Dumped the plate in the trash and left my phone on the table.

Half hour later when I realized my predicament, called member services to no avail. Someone had already absconded with my tool of choice.

Shot over to Verizon. Took a gander at the Galaxy's and liked the screen on the S9. Salesman was spouting all the bells and whistles but all I wanted to know was if I didn't like it, what was the return policy.

I got 14 days to figure if I like it or not.

Functionality and decent speed. That all I want. It's a tool for me.

I didn't want to be mistaken for the 'walking dead,' head bent over gripping my phone in my hands so I asked them to leave it in the box and headed out the door.

10 minutes and I was on the freeway.

14 days and time will tell...

PRO2018 and Galaxy16 like this.
  11. RoadTrip

RoadTrip Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,221
    Owning a S8. I bought it 6 months after launch for a great price. I left iOS after years of using iPhones for Android ans don't want to go back. I only wish my phone was faster at some times, I hate Samsung lags.

12. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $162,273
    A 3 year old iPhone 5S.

13. Counter

Counter New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $42
    I am using Lenovo Tab 2. It is really a nice SIM card supported tab which gives me an ease to use it as a smartphone. It also has a good built-in memory and good support for the sd card as well. So, a complete ease for me! What is your story?