The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Which click tracking program should I use?

JT388

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 30, 2015
Hello,

I own a digital product in the photography niche that I need to begin tracking my links. Currently I have 50 links and I am just using bit.do to see how many clicks I am getting per link. This isn't really helpful at all to me anymore.

What I really need is a program that'll let me track my links and conversions. I have no landing page because the link takes the potential prospect directly to our sales website that we obviously own.

Currently all our clicks are coming through from Instagram and Facebook Ads. We get about 600 clicks per day but we don't know from which of 50 campaigns are giving us those sales.

Now which program do you recommend?

I've been drawn into this one:
Clickmeter - well, it was the only one that came up in google when I was looking for one. It looks pretty good, though it seems to lack a simplified graph overview of all the clicks / sales so I can have some kind of birds eye view overview of it all.

Which do you recommend?

My budget is $30 a month or whatever. (I am not after a free one as I know it'll be crap)

Send me through your recommendations!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Sounds like an obvious market need to me. Get an INSIDERS membership and post it in the Ideas Needing Execution section

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Hey I use Voluum and CPVlab for single campaigns
Something cheaper would be Prosper202 (free I believe)

if you have a full funnel check out www.funnelflux.com

There is also Mouseflow and Clicktale that are decent,
they give you heatmaps, user session recordings, and more detailed analysis

Google analytics for general stats like bounce rate, sessions, Geo-location, etc

Also if you place a custom pixel, you can track everything within Facebook itself,
it will tell you which campaign and ad each sale came from.

Not to mention it will help you build a custom audience that you can run lookalike audiences with,
which are like 10x more ROI than cold targeting once you hit statistical significance.

(If you want to go alittle advanced: For whatever tracking you use, Make sure to append FB URL tokens,
which will give you which ad it came from, all demographics, interests, age, gender, all that jazz)

Hope that solves your problem

P.s A side note on trackers is that many of them have gotten negative rating on MyWOT which is what Facebook uses to determine the quality of a link.
If you tracker is flagged, you are at minimum looking at higher CPCs, or at worse, a ban.

Make sure to download chrome extension (here) to see what each tracker link is rated at if it is hosted by them.
Self-hosted should be alright.

Last edited:

JT388

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 30, 2015
Hey I use Voluum and CPVlab for single campaigns
Something cheaper would be Prosper202 (free I believe)

if you have a full funnel check out www.funnelflux.com

There is also Mouseflow and Clicktale that are decent,
they give you heatmaps, user session recordings, and more detailed analysis

Google analytics for general stats like bounce rate, sessions, Geo-location, etc

Also if you place a custom pixel, you can track everything within Facebook itself,
it will tell you which campaign and ad each sale came from.

Not to mention it will help you build a custom audience that you can run lookalike audiences with,
which are like 10x more ROI than cold targeting once you hit statistical significance.

(If you want to go alittle advanced: For whatever tracking you use, Make sure to append FB URL tokens,
which will give you which ad it came from, all demographics, interests, age, gender, all that jazz)

Hope that solves your problem

P.s A side note on trackers is that many of them have gotten negative rating on MyWOT which is what Facebook uses to determine the quality of a link.
If you tracker is flagged, you are at minimum looking at higher CPCs, or at worse, a ban.

Make sure to download chrome extension (here) to see what each tracker link is rated at if it is hosted by them.
Self-hosted should be alright.

Thank you so much!

I was just also wondering if you ever used Bit.ly Enterprise Edition?

It has the most simplistic interface for tracking clicks day by day.

My website sells 1 product which is sold on the homepage in the form of a sales funnel.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Google Analytics + Facebook Conversion Pixel. Its free and although you think free stuff is crap, it isnt. I currently track all my traffic with just those 2 tools.

@Silverhawk851's suggestions are great tools, but they are overkill for you at this stage. Cover the basics first and learn how to use them to the full extent.

JT388

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 30, 2015
Google Analytics + Facebook Conversion Pixel. Its free and although you think free stuff is crap, it isnt. I currently track all my traffic with just those 2 tools.

@Silverhawk851's suggestions are great tools, but they are overkill for you at this stage. Cover the basics first and learn how to use them to the full extent.

Interesting.

Although I get alot of traffic from people clicking the link in my Instagram BIO - how do I track sales from which of my Instagram accounts are making the sale? (every account has it's own link)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Interesting.

Although I get alot of traffic from people clicking the link in my Instagram BIO - how do I track sales from which of my Instagram accounts are making the sale? (every account has it's own link)
I have a redirect set up for that.

Make your profile link sth like domain.com/instagram_username

Then you set up a 301 redirect from /instagram_username to /landing-page?utm_source=instagram&utm_medium=profile_link&utm_campaign=instagram_username

You then have each account as a seperate traffic source in GA.

Heres how the tracking links in GA work: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033863?hl=en

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
My website sells 1 product which is sold on the homepage in the form of a sales funnel.

Yeah bud, if you're funnel isn't super complicated I think @theag is right,
Just do google analytics properly and tracking within FB

Bit.ly also not bad, but if you just want to tracks clicks/day that can be done with anything,
including Google Analytics

There is alittle but of learning curve w Google Analytics but well worth it

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!