The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Which Business-Friendly Country to Move To?

Matt_2190

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 19, 2017
Southern Europe
Hello everyone, I hope you are all safe and well.

Long story short: my business is doing well. I'm just starting but I've done my homework, so it's growing.

The only problem that is one: I'm from a country, in Europe, where taxation is around 60% of net income. In addition to this, bureaucracy and the mentality is not exactly ideal for business.

I work exclusively with web so I can move to any country. I'm thinking to do the big step and move to a business-friendly Country, where doing business is easier and taxation is right for save money. In addition to this, it is important for me to move to countries where there is a high quality of life.

Which country with these characteristics do you recommend?
For now I did this list:

- Northern Europe (Holland, Netherlands) or Switzerland
- United States or Canada

I think that are the only countries with the skills I'm searching.

Do you have any feedback?

Somebody which from these countries can share what are the net income taxes for a business (I searched for various information on the web, but direct stories are more than welcome).

Ps. I apologize in advance for any errors, but I'm helping myself with translators. My English language skills are not so great. One more point for doing the big step. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
I currently live in the midwest of the US. It might just be the best area to move for tax purposes. Not mention cost of living as well. A $500,000 here is like a mansion. $500,000 house in california is like a hole in the wall comparatively.

Matt_2190

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 19, 2017
Southern Europe
I currently live in the midwest of the US. It might just be the best area to move for tax purposes. Not mention cost of living as well. A $500,000 here is like a mansion. $500,000 house in california is like a hole in the wall comparatively.
Thanks for the feedback.

Can you share what percentage of taxes you pay on your company's income?

It may also be useful for other users around the world to get an idea of US taxation. :)

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

SebastianSkinner

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
304%
Aug 26, 2020
UK

Long story short: my business is doing well. I'm just starting but I've done my homework, so it's growing.

The only problem that is one: I'm from a country, in Europe, where taxation is around 60% of net income. In addition to this, bureaucracy and the mentality is not exactly ideal for business.

I work exclusively with web so I can move to any country. I'm thinking to do the big step and move to a business-friendly Country, where doing business is easier and taxation is right for save money. In addition to this, it is important for me to move to countries where there is a high quality of life.

For now I did this list:

Somebody which from these countries can share what are the net income taxes for a business (I searched for various information on the web, but direct stories are more than welcome).

Ps. I apologize in advance for any errors, but I'm helping myself with translators. My English language skills are not so great. One more point for doing the big step. :)
Historically I would have said Hong Kong as tax is around 10% of earnings there. However due to the political landscape at the moment I would avoid like the plague.

Singapore is another great one in South East Asia. Great standard of living, low taxation and good connectivity to loads of beautiful countries while also being on the same time zone across Australasia.

Check this company out. They help people secure foreign citizenships in preferable countries to do business for obvious reasons such as tax. They also highlight the criteria needed to do so. Definitely worth checking out!

Get Second Residence and Pay No Tax in These 25 Tax-Free Countries (nomadcapitalist.com)

Matt_2190

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 19, 2017
Southern Europe
A lot of good tips here!

Hong Kong and Singapore look amazing, but I am afraid that culturally the change is a shock. I'd like go there on holiday and feel the feeling. I know a lot of people that fell in love with them! :D

Malta could be a good choice, I know that a lot of European people who works with the web is going there. I should give them a look. ;)

Alaska!

If you don't mind that it's not a country :blush:

It's cold! :D

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Do you consider countries with extremely high taxes business friendly? Because with the possible exception of Switzerland (which has ridiculously high living costs), these are all high-tax countries.

Antti

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 21, 2017
Finland
What do you think about Cyprus or Malta? Two beautiful islands with more than 300 sunny days, with great culture, food and affordable prices for living.
Cyprus has a corporate tax rate of 12.5% and zero tax on most types of capital gains, not too bad.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Ireland?

D

Deleted78083

Are you from Poland, or Italy lol we have 50% net income tax for independant in Belgium lmao.

Hungary has corporate taxes at 9%.
If you domiciliate in Monaco which has personal tax at...zero, you'll be set.

Otherwise, I recommend Estonia. It is fair. 20-20-20. 20% tax on salary, 20% VAT, and if you wish to pay yourself a dividend, it is also 20%. Social security tax is at 33%.

Then there is Andorra, Madeira as someone said above, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Isle of Man, Guernsey, etc

Anyone knows the tax rate at the Vatican?

The alternative is to domociliate in Dubai. Income tax is 0%, and no social security.

You only need to live there 2 days a year to be tax resident LOL and you can live anywhere you want in the world the rest of the time as long as you dont spend more than 3 months in the country (in Europe).

If you move your company to Nauru, St-Kitts, or even Bermudas, and domiciliate in Dubai, you could end up paying very, very little.

D

Deleted78083

I did some research cuz it's fun. Bulgaria is your best bet, because it's easy to become tax resident there. You have other places to go to like Malta, or Andorra, but the cost to pay 0% tax is high (you have to invest or stay for a long time).

In Bulgaria, rates are 10% income tax, 10% corporate tax, and 5% dividend tax.

All you need is tax residency.

You can become tax resident by residing there 183 days in a year, or by purchasing a propriety, and you can actually buy a place for 10 000 euros. If you don't have them, I guess you can get a loan.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Do you consider countries with extremely high taxes business friendly? Because with the possible exception of Switzerland (which has ridiculously high living costs), these are all high-tax countries.
Yeah living costs are a real problem here. If you're on a budget you can get through with around 2000$/month but it's also really easy to get a side job which pays you 30$/hour.

Santi M

See you on the fastlane
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 22, 2018
Fastlane
I live in Spain and lots of people who work exclusively online and make good money are moving to Andorra, I believe 10% is the max personal Tax and vat is very low. It is cold so it depends on where you come from, you have to spend half of the tear there though, so you can move out in the winter and still pay taxes there.

People's talking very well about Estonia lately, check that out if you want

jonahsr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Mar 28, 2019
Lisbon, Portugal
Bulgaria is great for a simple, black & white tax-friendly residence & company location. Portugal's NHR program can also work, but that depends on different factors.

Take a look at this blog; they are a great resource to gain some knowledge in this field, especially if you are just starting.

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany

For now I did this list:

I found myself in a similar situation, i think i will have to get a sec citizenship in near future.
Check out nomad capitalist, he is answering your question in his videos.

MaxAvery

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Feb 18, 2021
Fort Smith, Arkansas

For now I did this list:

Florida in the US has amazing tax laws and reasonable cost of living in most cities. I am in Arkansas and our tax plan is going the right direction here, If you'd like to check out any property in the Fort Smith area, our cost of living is very low and easy access to get to major metro areas in a short drive.

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
I live in Spain and lots of people who work exclusively online and make good money are moving to Andorra, I believe 10% is the max personal Tax and vat is very low. It is cold so it depends on where you come from, you have to spend half of the tear there though, so you can move out in the winter and still pay taxes there.

People's talking very well about Estonia lately, check that out if you want
Spain is quite nice and the plan would work easily, as i am german citizen with EU Passport. So no Visa required. And as long you live there more than 6 month/year, you are fine. Gr8, thanks for the hint!

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016

For now I did this list:

Are you making so much CASH and is the business safe enough that it justifies the cost of personal and company relocation and the possible increase of living cost?

You might just need a great accountant and not necessarily move countries physically. A holding company in Ireland or switzerland or a low income tax jurisdiction.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas

Please SEARCH before posting.