The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where's the foreplay!?

Marketing, social media, advertising

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Yeah, this is going to be a good one!

So it just dawned on me that I'm kind of considered an "influencer" now.

I made a post in a private Facebook group of all the udemy course instructors how I have a readership of 900,000 people - and how I was planning on using that as a marketing source for my courses...

Within a few hours, my inbox was flooded with other people trying to SUCK VALUE from me.

"Hey Andrew, I read your post, can you promote my course?"
"How do I get my course in your magazines?"
"Here's a link for my course, can you put me in there?"

VALUE SUCK.

I feel like that girl at the bar where the creepy dude comes up and says "HeyI want to have sex with you - I'll never call you again - you might have my kid - but i'll be gone!"

Where's the RELATIONSHIP!?

Where's the TRUST!?

Where's the foreplay!?

At least warm me up before you try to take something from me!

In the summer of 2014 - a forum member messaged me here. He was new, getting started, and liked my posts - so he reached out to me.

Do you know what he said?

He offered to do graphic design work for me for FREE! Because he figured out the "big secret" to business.

GIVE

GIVE

GIVE

We are now great friends and I'd recommend his business to anyone...without him needing to ask.

When you do this, there is an unbalance in the universe, and all the good things you do to others will come back tenfold.

If you want to network with influencers, have loyal customers, THE BIG SECRET IS...

Form a relationship with them. Help them. Make friends with them. Be genuine.

Form relationships with your customers. Build their trust. Be REAL

MJ SAYS THIS IN HIS BOOK!!!!

Yet so many people (yes - myself included for the first couple years of my journey) don't get it!

To have success in business, give give give, form long term relationships with people. and the rest takes care of itself.

</rant>

You know that big secret you've been waiting for?
It's been in front of your eyes the whole time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 10.05.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 10.05.41 AM.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 26

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
in·grat·i·tude
inˈɡradəˌt(y)o͞od/
noun
noun: ingratitude
a discreditable lack of gratitude.
"she returned her daughter's care with ingratitude and unkindness"
synonyms:ungratefulness, thanklessness, lack of appreciation, nonrecognition
"these sanctions have sent a message of ingratitude to the many honest and hard-working officers"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.