The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where is the future of online businesses?

dodif

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 30, 2019
Hey.
For the last 5-6 years i'm on and off here. I used to make some nice money with Amazon affiliates about 5 years ago. But google dropped me off after a while and since than I didn't manage to come back.

The thing is, for me it seems like affiliation progrems are too competitive these days seems like every profitable niche is full already.
5 years ago it was definitely possible to find virgin niches, because it was still at the beginning.
My question is, where do you think the future of online businesses is going?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Wouter

What do you want to be when you give up?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
The thing is, for me it seems like affiliation progrems are too competitive these days seems like every profitable niche is full already.
That's a limiting belief. There's people making millions through affiliate programs. If you're not making any money, it's because you're not providing enough value to your target audience.
5 years ago it was definitely possible to find virgin niches, because it was still at the beginning.
Another limiting believe. New niches are created every day. Peoples needs and wants change all the time and with that new opportunities will arrive. It's your job to find these new opportunities and provide people with actual value.
My question is, where do you think the future of online businesses is going?
There's no sense in prediciting the future. Nobody is able to do so. Stop focusing on things you can't control. Instead focus on things you can do TODAY to help people and businesses.

Your post gives me serious money chasing vibes. Tear down your limiting beliefs and start actually providing value based on people's needs and wants.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Greater centralization & monopolization most likely. The current trend will likely continue. Of course, many Internet companies will come out of the woodwork and innovate on top of the big guys, and then the big guys will buy them. This will happen until the big guys are unable to sustain themselves and decide to niche down (see: IBM).

Affiliate programs are only as good as the company's marketing system allows it to be. You can still be a high paid affiliate depending on the offer.

I do think you're thinking kind of small though. Maybe consider other ways you can add value?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dodif

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 30, 2019
That's a limiting belief. There's people making millions through affiliate programs. If you're not making any money, it's because you're not providing enough value to your target audience.

Another limiting believe. New niches are created every day. Peoples needs and wants change all the time and with that new opportunities will arrive. It's your job to find these new opportunities and provide people with actual value.

There's no sense in prediciting the future. Nobody is able to do so. Stop focusing on things you can't control. Instead focus on things you can do TODAY to help people and businesses.

Your post gives me serious money chasing vibes. Tear down your limiting beliefs and start actually providing value based on people's needs and wants.
First of all, thanks for the direct and inspiring comment.
Second, I didn't ask you to predict the future. I did ask for a direction the future goes to. In 1998 it was easy to say the future goes to the internet and computres direction, in 2013 it was easy as well to say that the future goes to the affiliates progrem direction.
I haven't been here for a while so I'm trying to realise if I missed something.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.