The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When your back is against the wall, it's go time...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

early riser

Grind Harder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2014
Both coasts. The west now.
Well here is my first thread and an interesting one at that.

Was just let go 3 hours ago from my job. While the HR person was nervous I on the other hand was smiling and talkative as they terminated me. I could sense this bothered them more than the usual expected reactions, as they were visibly shaking when they handed me the pen to sign the final paperwork.Doubt they will forget the experience, I however viewed it as a fresh start.

Anyhow since those hours have passed I have lined up with my friend/mentor him teaching me about what he knows about online business (he runs one) and I teaching him what I know of sales since that is my strong point. Pretty excited really, should be mutually beneficial.

Going to make this short though, since currently sitting in a library and it is time for research and work.

Stay tuned for regular updates as you will either witness progress or a train wreck.

Either way you will get free entertainment, but I hope more so that you and I will learn along the way.

-Early Riser

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
The way you took it he/she probably thought you were plotting something, lol.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Well here is my first thread and an interesting one at that.

Was just let go 3 hours ago from my job. While the HR person was nervous I on the other hand was smiling and talkative as they terminated me. I could sense this bothered them more than the usual expected reactions, as they were visibly shaking when they handed me the pen to sign the final paperwork.Doubt they will forget the experience, I however viewed it as a fresh start.

Anyhow since those hours have passed I have lined up with my friend/mentor him teaching me about what he knows about online business (he runs one) and I teaching him what I know of sales since that is my strong point. Pretty excited really, should be mutually beneficial.

Going to make this short though, since currently sitting in a library and it is time for research and work.

Stay tuned for regular updates as you will either witness progress or a train wreck.

Either way you will get free entertainment, but I hope more so that you and I will learn along the way.

-Early Riser
Looking forward to seeing where you go from here!!

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
S/he won't be shaking when they sign a contract to work for you.

Good luck buddy! Keep us posted.

early riser

Grind Harder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2014
The way you took it he/she probably thought you were plotting something, lol.
Most likely was waiting for the snap haha but I'm not mad.
Looking forward to seeing where you go from here!!
Thanks.
S/he won't be shaking when they sign a contract to work for you.

Good luck buddy! Keep us posted.
Will do.

Yesterday checked out some books to teach myself some skills I do not have.
Started rough drafting a book for passive. Not main but not bad to have.

Stayed in so I could get an early start this morning on the main project though.

This morning was re-reading/skimming $100 startup.

Put a test ad on craigslist.

Most likely a jog to clear my mind and refocus then back to work.

-Early Riser

Last edited:

early riser

Grind Harder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2014
Hired graphic designer for logo (this isn't a what color should my lambo be type process).
Creating a brand. Brands are scalable.

Going through looking for the right person to build the website right now.
Not worried on SEO and all that yet as the venues I will initially sell from it isn't needed.
Horse before the cart as they say.
However a site is needed either way.

Found some products I believe should do alright.
As crazy as it sounds looking to combine them into one as I believe it will create a better value for the customer and in turn increasing the margins.
Narrowing down.

Tomorrow e-mailing the sellers.
Then seeing their responses, ordering samples.

-Early Riser

Last edited:

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK

early riser

Grind Harder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2014
Nothing wrong with branding

Are you doing ecommerce?

Yes, I am.
As far as branding, it's been a LLC for a bit now that I have not used, blowing the dust off it now.
Registered then bc needed the name. At the same time created accounts w/same for all social media for later to ensure it wouldn't present an issue later.

Starting with sites I know relatively well (amazon, ebay, craigslist) before worrying about selling on my site directly (it will be an option, just won't be paying for traffic at first). Also I can get the product for sale quicker this way while my site ramps up.

-Early Riser

Last edited:

early riser

Grind Harder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2014
Update:
Heard back from some suppliers. Impressed on the quick communication relatively.
Not impressed with the prices, even at quantity and presenting myself as a business that needs to switch suppliers. Retail prices for bulk orders isn't going to fly.

Rereading threads on importing and dealing with foreign suppliers atm.
Hopefully there is a break through.

If after such, if I can't get the margins on those (and not pulling the plug yet on these items), switching products.

early riser

Grind Harder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2014
Logo design going through final phases after getting feedback.
Happy with it.

Looking through magento themes as I type. Picking one and getting site up as I wait on suppliers.

Lack of updates and progress was due to a friend visiting from out of town, but back on track now.

Life is grand.

-Early Riser

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.