The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When doing projections how fast do you need to ROI?

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
Hey all,
For those of you who do a lot of reinvestment back into your business...how fast do you need things to ROI? How do you quantify for yourself whether it's worth losing money on an investment in year 1?

Up to this point most of my projects have ROI'd within 3 months. (Yes, I know that's fast). But, I'm looking to scale bigger in 2017. So, I'm looking into some potential longer term plays/larger reinvestments.

How do you go about making these type of decisions in terms of taking on risk etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

UncleIroh

1079252849 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 20, 2016
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hey all,
For those of you who do a lot of reinvestment back into your business...how fast do you need things to ROI? How do you quantify for yourself whether it's worth losing money on an investment in year 1?

Up to this point most of my projects have ROI'd within 3 months. (Yes, I know that's fast). But, I'm looking to scale bigger in 2017. So, I'm looking into some potential longer term plays/larger reinvestments.

How do you go about making these type of decisions in terms of taking on risk etc.

Not talking from experience but calculating your LTV will be REALLY helpful. This way you can take calculated risks.

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
Not talking from experience but calculating your LTV will be REALLY helpful. This way you can take calculated risks.
This is a cross sell. Related but different market. So, not sure how lcv will actually play out.

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
Hey all,

Or perhaps a better question to ask...what's your process for deciding if something is worth investing in your business?

Formulas, thought processes?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CJ Turner

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Dec 10, 2016
Or perhaps a better question to ask...what's your process for deciding if something is worth investing in your business?

Formulas, thought processes?

So you are already getting a ROI within 3 months, so why not further iterate what you have already.

Are you splitting this down as cost per customer?
Does it take 3 months for the customer to see your ad, to eventually pay you money?
Is it 3 months to recover the complete investment + profit?

For me, id continue working with what you have.

Without knowing the product and what you are investing in, it's difficult to suggest anything.

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
So you are already getting a ROI within 3 months, so why not further iterate what you have already.

Are you splitting this down as cost per customer?
Does it take 3 months for the customer to see your ad, to eventually pay you money?
Is it 3 months to recover the complete investment + profit?

For me, id continue working with what you have.

Without knowing the product and what you are investing in, it's difficult to suggest anything.

Well, the first business is a smaller market. So, the reason I'd be entering in the 2nd business is to grab a much larger market share. But, as a result we're dealing w/ some strategy stuff and $$ that is a little new to me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.