The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your Lambo? (What are you working for?)

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
I have a couple. Being able to travel the world constantly, so much life knowledge gained visiting new places.

then one of these

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Thank you so much for your reply.It really opened my eyes.
Especially, this:

That line made me rethink my desires. If I only wanted to experience Ferrari or Lamboginini I could rent them. But, I wanted to buy them because I want to show others I've succeeded. It made me think if I really need them.
You can rent anything these days. And I do that. For example, I rented a convertible car for a trip up the California coastline. My husband and I spent one of those days with the top down in the redwood forests enjoying the trees. We spent other days drive Highway 1 enjoying the ocean. But, we left that car in Seattle and flew home to Alaska. What would I do with that car in Alaska?

You can also rent experiences. You can hire an expert or guide on just about anything. We do that too. We pay for the person's time and expenses. Sometimes it's a driver who takes us where we want to go. We get picked up at the airport and go exploring with someone who knows about our interest. There are a lot of services out there.

We hired a boat on one vacation who delivered us to a remote cabin that we had rented on an island off of the Alaskan coast. And he came back and picked us up from that cabin at the prearranged time. He knew all the ins and outs of getting us to and from our cabin with all of our gear.

If we can't rent something we need, we buy it. If we don't want to take that item home, we donate to a charity immediately at the end of our adventure. If we do find something to take home, we ship it or mail it to ourselves. Stuff should not be a burden or an over-stuffed suitcase.

I hope this has given you some ideas. Success is also the freedom from having to buy and hang on to stuff. If I need something, I buy it. When I travel, I travel light. There are stores just about everywhere. When I do have stuff laying around, I am free to give it away. Why keep things that I no longer need? And I love having my space. The Universe hates a vacuum. I made space in my life for the Universe to bring me new ideas and change.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Now, I'm realizing if I only wanted to experience Ferrari or Lamboginini I could rent them.I know I'm not going to use them every day. But, I wanted to buy them because I want to show others I've succeeded.

When I was younger, I drove my cars alot. But yesterday, my friend asked me how many miles I've put on my Mclaren. I've had it for 10 months. I've driven it 1200 miles. If I sold it today, it would have cost me $28 a mile. I get what you mean about renting, I think I'm going to just take over a lease on my next one.

D3kaB1u3

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 14, 2019
Zulia, Venezuela
My goals are simple:

1.- Moving out to my own place (Possibly travel around the world as well), I want a place for myself

2.- A Good and Powerful PC to keep working on my things, be it editing videos, images or drawings

3.- This sweet Drawing Display to draw directly on the screen 28667

Benji90

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Nov 3, 2019
I want kids, so my Lambo is to give my kids something I never had, and no, money isn't the only answer, I already know I can give them most things I never had - Love, Encouragement Confidence.

But the money I will earn will help them enjoy life and show them what money can do.

I also always wanted a Ferrari 360 (was my dream car as a kid) and its only around £50k now so very achievable.

D3kaB1u3

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 14, 2019
Zulia, Venezuela
I want kids, so my Lambo is to give my kids something I never had, and no, money isn't the only answer, I already know I can give them most things I never had - Love, Encouragement Confidence.

But the money I will earn will help them enjoy life and show them what money can do.

I also always wanted a Ferrari 360 (was my dream car as a kid) and its only around £50k now so very achievable.

You´re right, Money isn´t the only answer. Love, Encouragement and Confidence also leads to even more invaluable experiences.

It makes me think how lucky i am of having a very supportive family and share all my experiences (both good and bad) with the people i met. My Dad gave me this advice when i was 13 and it has been with me ever since (I also passed it down to a friend at College back in 2012) "You are as Big as the Challenge!". Things weren´t easy for me on my teens and this piece of advice meant everything (i still had my ups and downs) and i still put it into practice everyday.

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
Interesting thread.

My answer is FREEDOM. Freedom from taxes, from oppressive governments and people. Being able to do whatever I want. And I don't need an airplane, a lambo or a fancy house.... Which for me increase dependency in many situations...

And I will surprise many people, maybe, but these are not bought or need money. They are represented by experience.

Mine, I want to emigrate with my family to the U.S. and unless you go the marriage route (which i doubt my wife would appreciate ha!) or have a degree(NOPE!) the only other way is to have money/business assets.

You might want to check because I have a feeling that there are many routes.

Why do you want it anyway? Why is it your 'lambo'?

Jacob_Losco

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I want to be able to live on my own terms in a place of my choosing. I want to be able to love what I do and do it on my own terms instead of being told by a boss who's legacy I am building for him.

I want to be able to help friends and family financially should they need it so that they can continue to pursue what makes them happy

Benji90

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Nov 3, 2019
You´re right, Money isn´t the only answer. Love, Encouragement and Confidence also leads to even more invaluable experiences.

It makes me think how lucky i am of having a very supportive family and share all my experiences (both good and bad) with the people i met. My Dad gave me this advice when i was 13 and it has been with me ever since (I also passed it down to a friend at College back in 2012) "You are as Big as the Challenge!". Things weren´t easy for me on my teens and this piece of advice meant everything (i still had my ups and downs) and i still put it into practice everyday.

Nice quote. Sounds luke a good dad to have.

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
Found my Lambo.

I was kind of worry at first because I could not find what was the symbol for what I was working for. I don't have expensive tastes and could not say that's the landmark I was aiming for.
Last couple of days I spent them on my home town and eureka: Found my Lambo. I want this house in my home town and have a drink on the living room near the windows looking at the sea. Going that way!

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I havent read through the thread yet, there are probobly awesome ideas and dreams in it.
Top goal for me is free time. I`ll probobly spend half of it with my family, travel a bit(not really big intro traveling), invent stuff, consume books, that sort of thing.

My "Lambo" is building the largest botanical garden with 6 greenhouses(representing the habitable continents, minus antartica) on the Balkans. Botany is my hobby even now.
Some pics from my experiments(I have very little time to spend on it):

IMG_20180620_210021.jpgIMG_20180801_193927.jpgIMG_20180801_193931.jpg

IMG_20170825_202429.jpgIMG_20170825_202438.jpg

20150820_162337.jpg20150811_143648.jpg20150811_143650.jpg

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
Not trying to sound cliché but to tell people FU. The more money one has the more control they have over the people they surround themselves with. I have learned the negative of dealing with assholes is tangibly greater then the positive of nice things.

Dignium

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Oct 6, 2017
San Jose, CA Bigg Biz Cluster of Software Fastlane
I've finally discovered my lambo, well, my biggest lambo that I don't have to describe what it is to people. My lambo is to pay cash for a Boeing 747-200 with OEM spiral staircase to upper deck, rear loading ramp, legacy avionics and flight engineers station. Modern jets don't have the soul I crave. Thank You Kak, for the spark to TBATTBTT.

Now all I need to do is to successfully bat for billions by executing that game-changing digital product / service company... Then become a penta-billionaire in so I have the freedom to fly it as much as I want.

According to Aircraft Cost Calculator.com, the annual budget for 450 flight hours is about 10.3 million dollars, breaking down to just under $23,000 per flight hour. I am going to assume crew is not included in that number, and there's ground costs too, so double the budget to 20.6 million / year. By the time I'm able to buy the Queen of the Skies there will be less of them on the market, and Boeing will like have made their last 747, putting the type rating into extended service with parts availability being more expensive. So I'll figure $30 mil to buy a secondhand 747 with good amount of cycles left in the airframe, bring her airworthy, then build out the interior how I want it. If I upgrade / change the engines that'll cost another 10-20 mil out the door.

Source:Ownership and Operating Costs | BOEING 747-200

Last edited:

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
My goals are simple:

1.- Moving out to my own place (Possibly travel around the world as well), I want a place for myself

2.- A Good and Powerful PC to keep working on my things, be it editing videos, images or drawings

3.- This sweet Drawing Display to draw directly on the screen View attachment 28667
where can I get one of these sweet drawing things?

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
I've put this in off topic as it is more dreamer than progress but thought it would be fun to know peoples reasons for going into business/wanting to make a decent amount of money. MJ spoke about wanting to be the driver of his own lambo. Some want freedom or time with your kids. Mine, I want to emigrate with my family to the U.S. and unless you go the marriage route (which i doubt my wife would appreciate ha!) or have a degree(NOPE!) the only other way is to have money/business assets. That's what keeps my flame burning bright. How about you?

It was now a few years ago when you posted. Did you make it into the US?

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I've finally discovered my lambo, well, my biggest lambo that I don't have to describe what it is to people. My lambo is to pay cash for a Boeing 747-200 with OEM spiral staircase to upper deck, rear loading ramp, legacy avionics and flight engineers station. Modern jets don't have the soul I crave. Thank You Kak, for the spark to TBATTBTT.

Now all I need to do is to successfully bat for billions by executing that game-changing digital product / service company...
I once knew a sales trainer who bought himself a plane. It was his "lambo" too. There he was -- sitting on the tarmac without enough money in his account to buy the fuel to fill the tank. I know so many men who buy a huge boat, a plane, a mansion, or they trade in their wives for a young, cute bimbo... I know that most of the time they are just about to go broke. Yes, they have arrived -- but it's at their downfall. Most people must make their fortunes twice and lose the whole nut, before the hang on to it the third time out. They are a lot smarter the third time out. BUT, maybe you'll be different. Good luck!

Dignium

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Oct 6, 2017
I once knew a sales trainer who bought himself a plane. It was his "lambo" too. There he was -- sitting on the tarmac without enough money in his account to buy the fuel to fill the tank. I know so many men who buy a huge boat, a plane, a mansion, or they trade in their wives for a young, cute bimbo... I know that most of the time they are just about to go broke. Yes, they have arrived -- but it's at their downfall. Most people must make their fortunes twice and lose the whole nut, before the hang on to it the third time out. They are a lot smarter the third time out. BUT, maybe you'll be different. Good luck!

He couldn't afford it.

If I can't buy it at least 10 times over, I cant afford it's purchase price or it's operating budget.

As in TMF , If you think you can afford it - you can't. I'm not going to start looking at 747s listings until my NW is at least $1,000,000,000, with $250mm in the FU Pot. You can say a 747 is my biggest lambo, and I may decide that I don't want it bad enough to climb from 8 Figures to 10. A billion is a thousand million. Billionaires can pay cash for a jumbo jet and then not have to think about it's operating costs.

If I can't afford to own one and fly it freely, at 7 figures I can fly First / Business class on the remaining commercial passenger 747s with my whole family on short notice. At 8 figures I could wet charter a 747 for 48 consecuctive hours a year, and I would have the choice to fly with my love and a chosen few for an intimate experience, or 400 chosen guests for a private event.

I'm not even an aviation geek and I consider the 747 to be the most beautiful aircraft to ever be in the sky. I've only flown once on a 747, behind the wing. I may decide I don't want to own a 747 after a couple more 747 flights.

I am a huge surface transportation geek - I love maritime, road & rail. I love all types of land transportation; from the tracked, winched, shoed, rubber tired to steel axled. I love the road so much that I earned my CDL to drive 48 state OTR, and I did that until I realized I would rather work remotely to explore the open road on my own time and my own pace.

I decided that I want to own the railroad, not work for it. This is another one of my lambos, as I love trains and what bigger expression of that than to own a Class 1 RR somewhere in North America.

I'm going to peg the cost of this lambo at $50 million, and I won't start making offers until my NW is at least $500,000,000. $50mm is in the ballpark of regional / shortline RR company paper appraisals, which vary heavily. There are a couple of shortlines in eastern Quebec that feel quaint. I might wait for my favorite shortline to go on sale or I might not, $50 million is my budget. It has to have at least 200 miles of continous mainline trackage, or at least 200 miles of unbroken ROW that can be relaid with low levels of red tape. All this is assuming the RR make $0 operating revenue under my ownership.

Running a low-speed train and maintaining low-speed track is cheap (relatively speaking to the scale of wealth we're talking about here). A brand new Tier 4 6-axle GE road locomotive has a list of $4 million. Smaller, 4-axle helper locomotives are even cheaper. Second-hand road locomotives in great condition are cheaper than you think. I'm budgeting second-hand turnkey passenger railcars to be $1 million a piece. In the "Circus Trains" episode of Extreme Trains, they state the cost to build a brand-new 89' Pullman-inspired passenger train car was about $1 million. By the time I'll be able to afford one they'll probably be $4 million new.

I don't really care for today's locomotives. Trolleys & light rail don't really interest me. High speed rail as it envisioned today needs a considerable marketshare to attain economies of scale to pay it's capital, depreciation, and operating costs. I don't expect the government to subsidize my love. Amtrak needs to become finanally self-sufficient, account depreciation and capital replacement as an operating expense, & stop flagrantly violating rider expectations. I would rather save heritage equipment from the scrappers, get that rail heritage back on the rails, and bring extinct steam & turbines back to life. Rumor has it, UP #4014 cost Union Pacific just a few million dollars to fully restore in-house, which would have cost an outsider several million. PRR #5550 is an extinct steam locomotive coming back to life, imagine how the heritage rail scene would look if more wealthy people were hardcore railfans. Some would sponsor heritage projects with large sums (relative to the scale of the project). I will become one of those wealthy people who sponsor railroad heritage. [The T1 Trust] Rail Preservation is one place I'll become famous in at a cost that is less than most people think.

WJK,
Lots of people make it, and then blow it all away because of their money mindset, sounds like that guy was an income rich sidewalker or he subconsciousnessly thought he shouldn't have that wealth so he spent it away. Here is an amazing 6 minute video that encapsulates what we all need to instill:
View: https://youtu.be/m6pWEzkbnDE

Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
He couldn't afford it.

As in TMF , If you think you can afford it - you can't. I'm not going to start looking at 747s listings until my NW is at least $1,000,000,000, with $250mm in the FU Pot. You can say a 747 is my biggest lambo, and I may decide that I don't want it bad enough to climb from 8 Figures to 10. Billionaires can pay cash for a jumbo jet and then not have to think about it's operating costs.

If I can't afford to own one and fly it freely, at 7 figures I can fly First / Business class on the remaining commercial passenger 747s with my whole family on short notice. At 8 figures I could wet charter a 747 for 48 consecuctive hours a year, and I would have the choice to fly with my love and a chosen few for an intimate experience, or 400 chosen guests for a private event.

I'm not even an aviation geek and I consider the 747 to be the most beautiful aircraft to ever be in the sky. I've only flown once on a 747, behind the wing. I may decide I don't want to own a 747 after a couple more 747 flights.

I am a huge surface transportation geek - I love maritime, road & rail. I love all types of land vehicles; from tracks, rubber tires to steel axles. I love the road so much that I earned my CDL to drive 48 state OTR, and I did that until I realized I would rather work remotely to explore the open road on my own time and my own pace.
Good for you. You know what you are working for... As you grow and grow older, I suspect that your "wants" will change. Things that had meant the world in the past will lose their luster.

Personally, I am growing into a minimalist. I was rather rent, than own, most possessions that I don't use on a regular basis. And I like the items that come with a person or company that gets that possession ready for me, take care of the item and me during that use, and then take their possession away when I am done. I'm not into storing, dusting, or tending to things. If I must buy something for a one time use, I like to give it away when it's usefulness to me is done. I try to find someone who needs that item more than I do. Financial freedom is the facility to let go. I have learned that less is many times more.

Dignium

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Oct 6, 2017
Good for you. You know what you are working for... As you grow and grow older, I suspect that your "wants" will change. Things that had meant the world in the past will lose their luster.

Personally, I am growing into a minimalist. I was rather rent, than own, most possessions that I don't use on a regular basis. And I like the items that come with a person or company that gets that possession ready for me, take care of the item and me during that use, and then take their possession away when I am done. I'm not into storing, dusting, or tending to things. If I must buy something for a one time use, I like to give it away when it's usefulness to me is done. I try to find someone who needs that item more than I do. Financial freedom is the facility to let go. I have learned that less is many times more.

I know my wants will change. Owning it allows you to completely make it yours. If I want to create a stunts video franchise featuring a 747 or a flying 747 Nightclub, owning the aircraft outright removes any objection that a charter company or aircraft leasing company may have. I'll still have to answer to government(s), who have the power and the force to ban me from their airspace, ground my plane indefinitely or take it away permanently.

If my FU pot reaches $200MM, I'll feel comfortable buying a 747 and it's full op-ex. I will have taken a intense climb to mid-9 figures, and who knows about the next year, so it will be time to make my first call to Boeing Business Jets. I'll take a type rated pilot and flight engineer with me to the lot.

How badly do I want it? I don't know yet. And that's fine. I need to get some traction, as it's safe to say after several paragraphs expressing my desire to own a 747, I've crossed into mental masturbation territory.

I've tiered my goals by level of wealth to not feel so lacking during each level.

low-mid 6 Figures:
Begin to Attend State University, for the social scene before I'm 28. I will regret not doing this, I thought it through.

Vehicles:
●Completed Skoolie built exactly how I want it.
●Some decent Hatchback (5k), daily driver.
●A 3/4 ton or 1-ton 80s cargo van in good-to-great conditon (5-10k).

Home Life:
●If Living on Wheels and stationary, a decent full-hookup RV park spot no more than 1/4 my income.
●If Living in Sticks&Bricks, at least 300 SF with my tenants paying my housing cost.

Health & Wellbeing:
●Ingest approx. 75% non-GMO and minimally-processed food. The other 25% can be GM & slow poisons. This is so I can attend events and functions and not turn my nose up at what's there.
●Be able to take whatever homeopathic supplements I want, and choose my doctors. Be able to afford procedures & surgeries with past-patient-vetted professionals in other countries (is there a company that does the deep vetting for you? if not, INE).
●If I'm still not in the body I desire, leverage proven supplements and medical advancements (e.g.: coolsculpting) to grow fit faster.
●Freedom from sale considerations & the frugal option when it comes to taking care of my body. With a $1000/month food budget I can eat 75% natural without being a part-time kitchen manager.
Freedom to pay select non-network / OOP costs to improve my physical, mental & emotional health. Ability to afford to work with amazing psychologists & therapists on the regular.

Travels:
●Freedom to explore North America up to 52 weeks each year, in my 45' skoolie - without stressing about drive time, mileage, provisions or energy efficiency (having 500 gallons of holding talks goes a long way to this) while being able to easily afford to do activities I love in the places I love. Freedom on the scale of spending an entire summer boondocking north of the Arctic Circle, pacing a multi-state Union Pacific steam excursion, and driving every foot of the Interstate Highway System (I'm a road geek).

●Freedom to give the miserly full-time RVer mentality the middle finger every time I pump 300 gallons of diesel into the 7 MPG all-mechanical converted school bus, every time I take a 30 minute hot shower off hookups, and everytime I blast the aircon.

●Freedom to show people that living like you're on the grid and living on wheels aren't mutually exclusive.

●Freedom to take my mom, dad, best friends, family with me on road trips, and pay up to half their way if they can't afford the full cost.

●Freedom to hold full ransom insurance and a policy to cover a total-loss scenario when exploring Mexico in the skoolie.

Freedom to take modest, monthlong vacations to expensive countries and freedom to live indefinitely in cheap countries, including the popular digital nomad countries.

Passions:
●Freedom to contribute select things in Black Rock City, NV (Burning Man). I won't yet have the means to contribute everything I want to contribute.
●Freedom to volunteer time within reason.
●Freedom to build my Killer Sound System ($5k) without sweating it.
●Freedom to break out a thousand for very special occasions.

mid-7 figures:
Vehicles:
●T-Duck 31' amphibious DUKW-style vehicle, which will be converted into ultimate street-legal over-surface vehicle (overland + overwater).
Features include upgraded engine (a requirement as stock configurations top speed is 45 MPH) twin diesel outboards, auto-deploy & retract outriggers with manual fallback, electric tank tracks on underside between axles, 30 ton winches, microapartment living space, panoramic windows, more than recommended / mandated safety equipment, best ruggedized marine electronics and nav, amphibious provisions trailer for long journeys, full set of manuals & plans onboard and off. (At least 1MM)
●ElectroMotive Division GP22 modeled Street-Legal Locomotive Truck. Diesel-Electric, 45' total length, 8' total body width, 13.25' max height.
Features include 3 octave MIDI-controlled horns, 2000+ horsepower 12 Cyl. EMD diesel engine, tandem steering axles, 8WD DC motors, authentic Type H RR coupler in rear, twin EMD turbochargers. (About 1MM)
●A small car that costs more than the average american home (500K)

Travels:
●Freedom to take the train whenever I want where passenger services run, including coal cars in Mauritania.
●Freedom to fly business / first class when I can't take the train.
●Visit Antarctica on a cruise, with who I choose.
●Caravan Europe with my mom/dad for a full year in nothing larger than a sprinter-style van (european roads are tight as a$$)
●Caravan in Austrailia with my mom/dad for a full year, in a house truck.
●Get tours inside oil fields, refineries, and all along the the oil supply chain, to see value being pumped out of the ground.
●Explore Saudi Arabia, and other Middle Eastern countries to see the results of all the value they pumped out of the ground.
●Travel the rest of the world as much and as extensively as I want.

Passions:
●Freedom to gift endless physical copies of TMF & Unscripted .
●Freedom to contribute greatly to Black Rock City, NV (Burning Man). Freedom to do the same with regional burns.
Things I will contribute to BRC include:
●Trackless Train Set using 1:1.5 scale Bi-Level Passenger Cars, pulled by the EMD GP22 Locomotive Truck I described above. My train will serve as the E Street Circulator. The BRC horseshoe is 2.2 miles across, so my train will loop on the centerline of the horseshoe 24/6. Day & Night Department of Mutant Vehicles Certification.
One car will be dedicated to paying it forward, by sharing Fastlane Philosophy. On the lower level, Unscription workshops will be held, and the upper level will be a listening room with TMF on repeat.
●Wooden Pedestrian / Cyclist Bridges over 9:00, 7:30, 6:00, 5:30, 3:00 as bargaining chip.
●All-week onboard slushies and hot cocoa.
●Backup Power incase the LT breaks down on-playa, this could be an old semi tractor as top speed on playa is 5 MPH.
●"Railyard" theme camp, with an anti plug-n-play aesthetic and ethos.

●Create a consumer products firm that specializes in "backend" products that are the result of being well-designed, well thought-out and use-case engineered for the medium-income consumer. Someone else can knock it off for the low-end Walmart consumer, I didn't want those low-end customers anyway! I serve the upper half of the market.

Low 8-Figures:

Upper 8-Figures:

For me, stuff that enables deep, intimate experiences is the kind of stuff I want.

For example: In my real estate career, I inspected many huge estates and homes. Many times, the people only lived in the kitchen, the great room off of the kitchen, their master bedroom area, and a patio area. Only their maids saw the rest of the house when those areas were cleaned. I asked myself why. Why did they have all these bedrooms and bathrooms that were almost never used? I saw closets stuffed with clothes, with the sales tags still attached. What good are clothes that have never been worn? I saw the artwork in rooms where the lights were never turned on. I saw cupboards and cupboards of dishes that were quietly waiting to be used. It's like these people were living in a museum dedicated to their success. I walked away feeling sad.

This is the main freedom they know / believe in. Freedom to buy and store enough stuff to fill tens of thousands of square feet of "living" space. This is an extension of the consumer mindset. My question, were these residents content living this way? Or were they complaining and moping for different freedom?

Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I know my wants will change. Owning it allows you to completely make it yours. If I want to create a stunts video franchise featuring a 747, owning the aircraft outright removes any objection that a charter company or aircraft leasing company may have. I'll still have to answer to government(s), who have the power and the force to ban me from their airspace, ground my plane indefinitely or take it away permanently.

How badly do I want it? I don't know yet. And that's fine. I need to get some traction, as it's safe to say after several paragraphs expressing my desire to own a 747, I've crossed into mental masturbation territory.

I've tiered my goals by level of wealth to not feel so lacking during each level.

6 Figures:

-Freedom to explore North America 52 weeks a year if I want, in my 45' skoolie - without stressing about drive time, mileage, provisions or energy efficiency (having 500 gallons of holding talks goes a long way to this) while being able to easily afford to do activities I love in the places I love. Freedom on the scale of spending an entire summer boondocking north of the Arctic Circle, pacing a multi-state Union Pacific steam excursion, and driving every foot of the Interstate Highway System (I'm a road geek).

-Freedom to give the miserly full-time RVer mentality the middle finger every time I pump 300 gallons of diesel into the 7 MPG all-mechanical converted school bus, every time I take a 30 minute hot shower off hookups, and everytime I blast the aircon.

Freedom to contribute select things in Black Rock City, NV (Burning Man). I won't yet have the means to contribute everything I want to contribute.

Freedom to show people that living like you're on the grid and living on wheels aren't mutually exclusive.

-Freedom to take best friends and family with me on road trips, and pay their way if they can't afford the full cost.

-Freedom to hold full ransom insurance and a policy to cover a total-loss scenario when exploring Mexico in the skoolie.

mid-7 figures:

-Freedom to gift endless copies of TMF & Unscripted .
-Freedom to contribute greatly to Black Rock City, NV (Burning Man). Freedom to do the same with regional burns.

To Be Continued.

This is the main freedom they know / believe in. Freedom to buy and store enough stuff to fill tens of thousands of square feet of "living" space. This is an extension of the consumer mindset. My question, were these residents content living this way? Or were they complaining and moping for different freedom?
The people with these big houses thought they had it made in the shade because they were on top of the heap.
I know my wants will change. Owning it allows you to completely make it yours. If I want to create a stunts video franchise featuring a 747, owning the aircraft outright removes any objection that a charter company or aircraft leasing company may have. I'll still have to answer to government(s), who have the power and the force to ban me from their airspace, ground my plane indefinitely or take it away permanently.

6 Figures:

-Freedom to explore North America 52 weeks a year if I want, in my 45' skoolie - without stressing about drive time, mileage, provisions or energy efficiency (having 500 gallons of holding talks goes a long way to this) while being able to easily afford to do activities I love in the places I love. Freedom on the scale of spending an entire summer boondocking north of the Arctic Circle, pacing a multi-state Union Pacific steam excursion, and driving every foot of the Interstate Highway System (I'm a road geek).

-Freedom to give the miserly full-time RVer mentality the middle finger every time I pump 300 gallons of diesel into the 7 MPG all-mechanical converted school bus, every time I take a 30 minute hot shower off hookups, and everytime I blast the aircon.

Freedom to contribute select things in Black Rock City, NV (Burning Man). I won't yet have the means to contribute everything I want to contribute.

Freedom to show people that living like you're on the grid and living on wheels aren't mutually exclusive.

-Freedom to take best friends and family with me on road trips, and pay their way if they can't afford the full cost.

-Freedom to hold full ransom insurance and a policy to cover a total-loss scenario when exploring Mexico in the skoolie.

mid-7 figures:

-Freedom to gift endless copies of TMF & Unscripted .
-Freedom to contribute greatly to Black Rock City, NV (Burning Man). Freedom to do the same with regional burns.

To Be Continued.

The people with these big houses thought they had it made in the shade because they were on top of the heap. They thought they had "arrived" in a true Southern sense. I guess I'm just not a good consumer anymore. I don't want my possessions to possess me.
I used to want to travel like you are talking about. And I did a lot of it, especially taking my mother on trips during the last years of her life. We had a lot of fun. I'm glad I took the time and spent the money on those trips. Mom and I built a lot of memories together and I have no regrets -- no would-of, should-of, could-of moments.

Now I'm a lot more into our comfort-- for me and my husband:
I like to fly first class and travel well when I go far away. Our old RV is very comfortable when we're going somewhere around here. (It's like a favorite old pair of slippers that have molded to our feet.)
I like to eat simple meals featuring lots of fresh fruit and veggies. We pick, and put up, a lot of wild berries & greens. We fish and hunt for our meat. I cook from scratch just about every day for us.
I love cuddling-down in my very comfortable, 0 gravity, easy chair in the evenings. It one of the best things I ever bought.
I enjoy long walks with our dog through our woods on our properties. It's very private and we have several trails where we walk or cross country ski. The only other critters we usually see are the moose, who also live here.

My goal is to make life as simple as possible. Later this year I'm going to outsource several of the jobs I do around here so I can spend more time doing less. I'm in the planning stages for that transition. I'm working on paying everything off so I don't have to worry about making payments. And I'm giving away anything that I no longer need. Life is too short to spend it on tending to things and possessions. Ditto for spending my life in difficult situations or with yucky people. My life was VERY hard and stressful when I was younger. I really struggled with situations beyond my control. Now, I just want to enjoy my peace and quiet in this space that I have earned.

Tom Ripley

The Man With the Key to Your Admission
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Mar 27, 2020
Greece
I've put this in off topic as it is more dreamer than progress but thought it would be fun to know peoples reasons for going into business/wanting to make a decent amount of money. MJ spoke about wanting to be the driver of his own lambo. Some want freedom or time with your kids. Mine, I want to emigrate with my family to the U.S. and unless you go the marriage route (which i doubt my wife would appreciate ha!) or have a degree(NOPE!) the only other way is to have money/business assets. That's what keeps my flame burning bright. How about you?
Well, actually I don't mind a Lamborghini being parked at my neighbour's garage not mine;
BUT still, I want to be in that exact neighbourhood :) . Which means, a dream home and plenty of time and strong health to enjoy with family and friends. Simple as that.

G

Guest1413tpa

I have a couple. Being able to travel the world constantly, so much life knowledge gained visiting new places.

then one of these

View attachment 28090
Ooo a Diamond. Love it.

Similiar to one of my"lambos", the PC-12 :)

A few others: Teslas, lots of land for activities, travel ability, and the ability to launch a years long passion project, the Flying Schoolbus.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Ooo a Diamond. Love it.

Similiar to one of my"lambos", the PC-12 :)

A few others: Teslas, lots of land for activities, travel ability, and the ability to launch a years long passion project, the Flying Schoolbus.

Right now I have a DA40 XLS, so the DA62 or DA50 is a logical step up.

PC-12 would be awesome, or an Epic. TBM is high on my dream list too. Depends on your mission. Problem with aircraft though is no matter what you have unless it’s like a g550, you can always envision having more. But costs in aviation are super high, so practical has to be part of the decision

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I moved to Singapore so I have two immediate "Lambos":

1 - Get PR.
2 - Buy a condo.

I have the money for a condo but I don't want to pay the 18% tax on foreigners which is why I need the PR.

G

Guest1413tpa

Right now I have a DA40 XLS, so the DA62 or DA50 is a logical step up.

PC-12 would be awesome, or an Epic. TBM is high on my dream list too. Depends on your mission. Problem with aircraft though is no matter what you have unless it’s like a g550, you can always envision having more. But costs in aviation are super high, so practical has to be part of the decision

Thats part of my problem. Also the fact I need to fight for a PPL.

Thankfully, I can get sport, which means I can fly the Cub.

I was also thinking recently, with the large amount of retired airliners, that I should snag a 757 and convert it into a house.

I guess that is a goal for the land :)

sigmapreneur

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 11, 2020
This is my "Lambo"

P90093799-highRes.jpg

or this:
maxresdefault.jpg

I'm also working towards having my own place and being able to travel the world.

Really, I'm just working towards not worrying about money EVER AGAIN.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.