• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! What's your lambo? (What are you working for?)

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by mrarcher, Jan 29, 2016.

1. GoGetter24

GoGetter24 Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,246
    My lambo is an awesome high-rise apartment in the center of an awesome city with great view. That would be my ultimate material symbol of "I'm a winner now".

This is what rich looks like to me:
    [​IMG]

After the experiences I've had with traffic, the idea of owning a car makes me cringe a little, so I'd be an unlikely registrant to the lambo club. I'd rather just live somewhere where public transport options are so great I never even think "I wish I had a car".

Beyond this, I want, combined:
    • To be seen as a high ranking man
    • To have every possible personal service taken care of. I don't want to have to even put clothes in my wardrobe -- the laundry service would be basket-to-wardrobe. Not even having to order takeaway myself. Being able to focus 100% of my time on the things that matter to me, with personal overheads as close to zero as possible.
    • To have no limitations on travel beyond my desires
    • To never have limited capacity to provide factor into questions of reproduction

2. KubaW

KubaW New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $41
    Hi everyone, just joined the forum after reading the Fastlane Millionaire.

My lambo is having a location independent business. I am a travel addict and my dream is to have a prosperous online venture, that I could run while travelling the world. That's it, at least before I'll turn 30.

I'm aiming at earning a decent income, that could allow me to maintain the lifestyle I dream about while saving a good chunk of it. However, I am lucky enough to not be motivated by purely materialistic motives. I just don't buy the idea that the mansion with swimming pool, luxury car and golden Rolex could make me happy.

3. Hugh Nivers

Hugh Nivers Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $441
    To own my time 100%.

MJ DeMarco, Morethan1 and ZF Lee like this.
  4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $325,251
    Admin Post
    The best WIN of all.

And with that WIN, what will you do with your prize?

Write? Volunteer? Save the whales? Get the band back together?

ZF Lee, Mainstream7, BradD and 2 others like this.
  5. Hugh Nivers

Hugh Nivers Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $441
    1. Pay my f*cking student loans off. lol
    2. Start the next business in a better position.
      1. Beat Elon to Mars?? ;)
    3. Become more useful and helpful to other entrepreneurs, both here and wherever, especially my 3 children. My 10 year old has a pretty strong entrepreneurial drive. I took her out door to door selling slime and she made $100 on pure cuteness. She's done this on her own a few times since. Now she wants to be a youtuber.
    4. Start a non-profit — I've always had a soft spot for the homeless as there have been times when I've felt that could easily be me. I'd like to create a tiny home community that is also a farmer's market. Homeless people get tiny homes with lawn care and maid service. In exchange they get a backyard and training on how to grow a particular crop. The tiny house community would be designed so that all the backyards face a place where people can drive up and buy produce. The homes, services, and training are free and in exchange the community gets fresh produce. I don't know if it would fly, but if it doesn't, I'd want to help the homeless get on their feet in some other way.
    5. Buy apartments
    6. Travel the world to buy and sell property while also learning history
    7. While traveling, I'd write a novel.
    8. Lease or maybe own an electric car—I like the design of the Fisker E-Motion. Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 2.06.22 PM.png
    9. Hire a personal trainer
    10. Learn the guitar and the piano, get voice lessons. I'd write some songs and perform. I like James Taylor, Jack Johnson style music.
    11. Get a bigger place with some nice amenities. I've never had a pool, so that would be nice.
    12. Start caring about nice clothes? lol
    13. Sell the next business for a bigger amount.
    14. Start the next business.
    15. Repeat steps 13 & 14 ad infinitum.
    16. Give the eternal middle finger to my ex.:innocent: :halo::rofl:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    SMH, PedroG, ZF Lee and 5 others like this.
  6. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $325,251
    Admin Post
    Now that's what I'm talking about!

ZF Lee and Hugh Nivers like this.
  7. WJK

WJK Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,917
    Over my lifetime, I've done several things on your bucket list. You've created a good list...
    #1 was a biggie for my various college degrees, and all have been paid off many years ago
    #4 didn't work the way you've projected... But as a side project, I helped start, and then I was chairman of the board for a women's & children's shelter. That work lasted several years & it is one of the highlights of my life.
    FYI. No, the women wouldn't work in the garden we tried to grow. Our real job with them was teaching them basic living skills -- like getting up in the morning and cleaning up after themselves.
    #5 done that -- still in the residential rental business. Rentals are a PITA to manage, but it is a good passive income business. And it's the bright spot in the real estate world.
    #9 yes, he was a real cutie -- need I say more?
    #11 Yes, it was fun, but I prefer living in the woods here in Alaska, where I have my own cross country skiing/walking trails.
    #12 designer clothes aren't important anymore -- I'm into being comfortable. Not only that, talking about a depreciating asset! Designer clothes are the worst. Wear that garment once and they are worthless before you even get the CC bill.
    #16 done -- long ago. I figure that ditching me was his loss. It's made me free as a bird.
    Keeping working on your list! The ride is worth the ticket price.

MJ DeMarco and Hugh Nivers like this.
  8. MythOfSisyphus

MythOfSisyphus Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,582
    I'd buy my own private tropical island and spend several months each year there swimming, fishing, reading and drinking. An introverts paradise.

WJK likes this.
  9. p0stscript

p0stscript Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,230
    franksinatra1-2x.jpg

ZF Lee, Hugh Nivers and Kingmaker like this.
  10. p0stscript

p0stscript Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,230
    My Lambo is a Lambretta; an anniversary cruise, with my wife, along the Mekong River; the ability to look my wife in the eye and say yes you can have it, rather than let's see if we can afford it (I remember being told if you have to ask if you can afford something you can't, a misquote from J P Morgan I think) and a chance to show my son you can do something other than a job, regardless of age.

Hugh Nivers and WJK like this.
  11. Lord Business

Lord Business Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $593
    [​IMG]

Kingmaker, ZF Lee and Hugh Nivers like this.
  12. GDIBass

GDIBass New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $112
    - Own a house/condo in Mammoth that I go to regularly (snowboarding whenever I want)
    - Mustang GT-350 (or GT-500 if they change the motor in it next year)
    - Passion towards the thing I'm working on

13. Hugh Nivers

Rep Bank:
    $441
    Thanks for the preview of things to come. What took you there?

As for designer clothes, I don't need to do there, but simple tailored clothes would be nice.

As for our exes bailing on us, there is definitely a silver lining there. :)

Thanks for the reminder to stick with it. I'm still very early on, but I can see how easy it would be to become overwhelmed.

14. Hugh Nivers

Rep Bank:
    $441
    Agreed—and for good or ill it is a relatively strong part of my motivation at the moment. I'm sure that will change as I move forward with the business.

ZF Lee and p0stscript like this.
  15. Kennypaul

Kennypaul Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $748
    I basically want freedom,to travel the world(ever got sick of staying in a place for too long?) and the ability to take care of my family(especially my mother).

Kingmaker and fortu1992 like this.
  16. • nikita •

• nikita • Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $857
    Freedom -- not worrying about whether I'll be fired and not being tied to a 9-5. I'd like to travel and spend my entire time learning new things just for the sake of it and experiencing life (because you only get one try to see what it's all about, and this world is more than a cubicle or the occasional trip to Spain).

If we're talking about material stuff, an R8 and a huge penthouse :D
    Also I love my family but if I ever "make it" I'm never gonna shut up about how they doubted and screamed at me for years.

17. BucketHolly

BucketHolly Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $146
    The last one is hilarious. :D

Hugh Nivers likes this.
  18. SMH

SMH New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    - $4
    Mostly freedom, but just helping people as well. Knowing that I have done something good to the world.

Modern style mansion with a nice garden and garage full of interesting cars is nice too.

19. rwhyan

rwhyan New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $32
    1. freedom
    2. health
    3. pursuits of meaningful work
    4. relationships
    5. learning

Money facilitates and bolsters my ability to pursue all of the above.

20. Nannan

Nannan Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $168
    Freedom. Ultimately take control of my time. Because with this control, I can work on my secondary goal, which is helping people.

21. Brett Beckwith

Brett Beckwith Meat Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $117
    My Lambo is starting a successful business to avoid attending medical school. Though becoming a doctor would be rewarding and interesting, it's not the life I want to live, for the hours are too long: I would miss out on so much i.e. my future kid's lives.

Not to mention, there is so much I want to learn, and I won't have time to do that with such a demanding job. I would like to learn the piano, learn 3 languages, and be a personal trainer for fun.

22. Zcott

Zcott Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $271
    To relieve my family of financial worry forever so we can enjoy all this world has to offer.

ChrisR likes this.
  23. DamienDee

DamienDee Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $172
    I actually achieved my first 'lambo' about 3 years ago.

Back then, it was to have a great business that allowed me to travel indefinitely, working online along the way. I spent 3 years travelling and living in a whole range of interesting places.

Now my dream has shifted..

I don't want to have to work - They say work consists of anything a person 'aught' to do. And I've consistently found that when I HAVE to do something so that I make money, I eventually stop enjoying it so much.

So my dream is to have enough passive income so that I never HAVE to work, I just get involved in projects because they interest me and I know financially I can stop any time I want. I believe that I'd be my most powerfully productive and creative self under those conditions.