"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.
Thanks for the preview of things to come. What took you there?Over my lifetime, I've done several things on your bucket list. You've created a good list...
#1 was a biggie for my various college degrees, and all have been paid off many years ago
#4 didn't work the way you've projected... But as a side project, I helped start, and then I was chairman of the board for a women's & children's shelter. That work lasted several years & it is one of the highlights of my life.
FYI. No, the women wouldn't work in the garden we tried to grow. Our real job with them was teaching them basic living skills -- like getting up in the morning and cleaning up after themselves.
#5 done that -- still in the residential rental business. Rentals are a PITA to manage, but it is a good passive income business. And it's the bright spot in the real estate world.
#9 yes, he was a real cutie -- need I say more?
#11 Yes, it was fun, but I prefer living in the woods here in Alaska, where I have my own cross country skiing/walking trails.
#12 designer clothes aren't important anymore -- I'm into being comfortable. Not only that, talking about a depreciating asset! Designer clothes are the worst. Wear that garment once and they are worthless before you even get the CC bill.
#16 done -- long ago. I figure that ditching me was his loss. It's made me free as a bird.
Keeping working on your list! The ride is worth the ticket price.
I basically want freedom,to travel the world(ever got sick of staying in a place for too long?) and the ability to take care of my family(especially my mother).I've put this in off topic as it is more dreamer than progress but thought it would be fun to know peoples reasons for going into business/wanting to make a decent amount of money. MJ spoke about wanting to be the driver of his own lambo. Some want freedom or time with your kids. Mine, I want to emigrate with my family to the U.S. and unless you go the marriage route (which i doubt my wife would appreciate ha!) or have a degree(NOPE!) the only other way is to have money/business assets. That's what keeps my flame burning bright. How about you?
The last one is hilarious.
- Pay my f*cking student loans off. lol
- Start the next business in a better position.
- Beat Elon to Mars??
- Become more useful and helpful to other entrepreneurs, both here and wherever, especially my 3 children. My 10 year old has a pretty strong entrepreneurial drive. I took her out door to door selling slime and she made $100 on pure cuteness. She's done this on her own a few times since. Now she wants to be a youtuber.
- Start a non-profit — I've always had a soft spot for the homeless as there have been times when I've felt that could easily be me. I'd like to create a tiny home community that is also a farmer's market. Homeless people get tiny homes with lawn care and maid service. In exchange they get a backyard and training on how to grow a particular crop. The tiny house community would be designed so that all the backyards face a place where people can drive up and buy produce. The homes, services, and training are free and in exchange the community gets fresh produce. I don't know if it would fly, but if it doesn't, I'd want to help the homeless get on their feet in some other way.
- Buy apartments
- Travel the world to buy and sell property while also learning history
- While traveling, I'd write a novel.
- Lease or maybe own an electric car—I like the design of the Fisker E-Motion.View attachment 18568
- Hire a personal trainer
- Learn the guitar and the piano, get voice lessons. I'd write some songs and perform. I like James Taylor, Jack Johnson style music.
- Get a bigger place with some nice amenities. I've never had a pool, so that would be nice.
- Start caring about nice clothes? lol
- Sell the next business for a bigger amount.
- Start the next business.
- Repeat steps 13 & 14 ad infinitum.
- Give the eternal middle finger to my ex.
Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.
Join Fastlane Insiders.