The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your Lambo? (What are you working for?)

Jeremy Groover

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Nov 26, 2014
Orlando Florida
What is my lambo? My Countach is an extravagant home in the mountains so high up that I can almost see my vacation home on the East Coast. The helicopter that gets me there and the cleaning lady washing my sweaty underwear. The ability to just relax with my loved ones and no one telling me to show up and when. The ability to take my kids (don't have any yet) to Italy for the weekend because they want to see the sights in person. To purchase my single mother the home of her dreams and for her to never stress another day in her life. What it boils down to is options. Options to do whatever the F*** I want to do. If I want to go to CoCo Ichibanya in Los Angeles California for dinner when I don't even live in California. The ability to truly give "zero f***s" if I choose to do so. I want a weekend on a Wednesday and a Friday on a Monday. No 5 for 2 but 1 for 6 or even a 0-7

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Drewskay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 11, 2016
Atlanta
Porsche 911 GT3-RS. I really want to be able to do nice things for my family though. Buy my parents a house stuff like that.

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
Idk where i am going with this, i guess the whole point is if you figure out what you would really actually be comfortable with in life. You can then come to an estimated # of what you would need. Then you can get to work on making that money and achieve financial freedom.

This is where everyone gets it wrong, including me. And your statement is spot on. You work out what you want and where you want to be, and how much you need to achieve that.

Then most people go and mess it up by getting credit to get the car/house/lifestyle earlier than they can really afford it and it traps you into sidewalk under achievement, strangling you from getting to the point where the car/house/lifestyle is paid for easily each month. (house mortgages aren't so bad as long as they are kept affordable, it's not easy to buy a house outright! I'm talking about people who get twice what they can realistically afford)

So that's why I sold my 2015 Range Rover yesterday. I'm sad to see it go, I can afford it, but TMFL has changed my perception a bit, I should have worked my businesses until it didn't matter if I bought a Range Rover, instead I was working to afford the Range Rover... and once you start working to afford something you start working to afford everything, you HAVE to go to work, you HAVE to get that sale from the rude customer at lower margins then before long you end up stale and bitter, tired and worn out, spiraling lower and lower.

I may not have my car now, but I'm $45,000 closer to financial freedom now as I no longer have that $45k car debt. My monthly bills are drastically different, within a few months I'll have paid off everything else I owe (not a lot) and have some float money to make sure I'm not 2 paychecks from broke. Then my business will catch up with all the investment I've put in lately and I'll be back to making enough to pay the bills + lifestyle each month without getting out of bed. Cars will come later when everything else is comfortably covered.

Freedom61

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Mar 21, 2015
Tampa, FL
Oh man, where do I begin....

The first "big purchase" when I reach the net worth I want to have in order to purchase is either a late model Gallardo Spyder or the new Huracan Spyder. Eventually purchase both. I initially liked Ferrari's when I was younger, but have recently liked Lambos more & more.
2ajvq0w.jpg

This is my desktop background btw. I want to take the same picture (on Miami Beach with downtown Miami in the background)

10rvl83.jpg

And then of course a Ferrari, most likely a 458 Spyder (yes I know the car in the pic is a coupe but the backdrop is what I like the most about it ;) )
2dsgvf4.jpg

A brand new F450 (wanted one since I was about 16 years old), I have a newer F350 diesel at the moment but I want an F450 to pull a 5th wheel toy hauler so I can travel the country racing motocross at all the racing events/tracks I've seen in videos/movies/websites/magazines but my parents didn't have the money to travel to Florida/TX/CA/TN for a week long Amateur National MX race when we (my 2 younger bros & I) would have to miss school also.
v5h4rl.jpg

15r1cn6.jpg

2h5jz3q.png

Next, be able to buy new dirtbikes every year and get the proper suspension & engine mods done to them.
2s7i8fd.jpg

10h7r5w.jpg

68vfip.jpg

Buy 100 or so acres in northern MN (not to far from Fargo, ND) with rolling hills and have a large house w/ a massive garage built on the property and a couple professionally built motocross/supercross tracks similar to whats shown in these pics. And a track machine skid loader to maintain the tracks.
mxtrack-house.jpg mx-track2.jpg

And then a mansion in SE FL on the intracoastal to spend the winters (dreamed of owning one since I was about 15 yrs old and visited some family that lives there & was in awe at the houses and trying to figure out how people could afford them)
29wok61.png

Rodeo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
May 25, 2015
My Lambo is having enough money to know that my son with special needs will be taken care of when I'm gone. Also want to @be philanthropic with the non-profits that have served him over the past 8 years. There are a lot of very caring people out there who have a special place in their hearts for those with special needs. I would really enjoy spoiling them with gifts or some form of "thanks" whenever I felt like it! Kind of hard to forget my "why" since I'm reminded daily (not complaining one bit though)!

I'm also a car guy, so when I need a fun "why" to think about when working on my business, I think about driving a black Lambo Aventador!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CLE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Feb 7, 2016
I want to be self sustained. I want to help people that deserve it and shun the people that deserve that too. A good portion of the sales I've done at work have went towards paying for my bosses premium vehicles, country club memberships, and vacation homes while I have to live with less than $5,000 in savings and be frugal. I won't feel like I truly achieved success until I make enough on my own to walk away from my job and live comfortable. I don't want anything extravagant. I'd live in the same house but it would nice to travel some and buy a weekend car. The nice thing about my dreams is they are totally achievable. All I have to do find the drive to get there.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I think some people here in the US really need to give this a good read, particular young kids who think they have it bad. Now they just want everything free.

Anyhow, this is my *new* Lambo I am working for...

luxury-log-homes-3.jpg

luxury_smoky_mountains_cabin1.jpg

Buying with income already earned is not how I roll either, must be new earnings!
So is this going to be on the cover of the second book? Lol!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I'll play along in this thread, I tried to skip through all the material replies. IMO if that's the reason you are in business, you aren't going to make it far or you are still really young.

For me I want my life to have been impactful on others that are atleast 2 degrees from my circle, after I'm gone. This means doing something noteable.

Is anyone going to look for your wiki page after you are dead? What are future generations of your family going to say about you when they break out the family tree?

Greg the admin assistant / car wash attendant doesn't have a nice ring to it. (No offense greg)

The best thing, is I don't have to be rich or powerful to make an impact on someone today. So that's what I do, every. single. day.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
My Lambo...the thing I want most of all? Well it used to be a car, then a house, then a car and a house. What is it now? Time. I want the time to watch my children grow. I want the time to give to my family and those I love. The time to make the world a better place. The time to make everywhere and everyone I touch a little better than it used to be. Showing those I love that I truly love them. To never hear my daughter ask me if I'm "done working" so we can play hide and seek.

Time, the commodity we all have, yet never seem to have enough of.

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
Most definitely freedom. Freedom to work when I want. Freedom to take the day off if I'm not feeling productive. Freedom to live wherever I want. Freedom to travel if something cool is happening in a different part of the world. Freedom to take care of my future kids and have fun with them.

I want the toys too, but the freedom comes first. Current toy goals:
  • Chalet in the Pyrenees
  • Acreage in New Zealand
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  • Mercedes C63 Estate (family car)
  • Nissan Skyline KGC10

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
-Personal freedom, i want to own my 24 hours everyday
-Freedom for my parents
-A brand new Porsche 911 black exterior black interior 6 speed purchased all cash off the lot
-Red Ducati
-Investments in land, commercial,apartment complexes, i want to be indestructible.

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
A $25-30M net worth, so I can buy two very nice homes, 6-8 high end cars and a nice 40'+ center console. With 70% invested very well to provide me a quality income stream.

This will all be a result of nice businesses that provide value.

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
condo in the city so i can sit out on the balcony and look at the city lights and relax while i plot my next moves.
a new car that i like so i can use my old one to experiment with and learn more about cars while working on it
someday even a house and a 50 yard indoor football field with a full collegiate-professional level athletics gym along with a full size indoor basketball court.
man, i can just see myself spending hours shooting hoops or just sitting in silence on the court.
maybe a library full of "how-to" manuals as im always looking up ways to do things like learn about electrical stuff, or as i mentioned above, fix cars etc.

i have somewhat very strong but simple interests :)

Morethan1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Dec 6, 2012
Canada
The feeling of not having to worry anymore. The feeling of the possibility of not having to lift a finger and be set for life. Obviously I will still stay on the grind, but having that security is key.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Bentley super sport....oh wait...one is in my garage....time to come up with a new toy goal!

Mike Connors

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 17, 2015
As with many others, I desire freedom. No longer being forced to set an alarm to go to a "job" and trade my most valuable asset, my time, for a paycheck. The thought of me working my a$$ off to make another individual rich makes me sick, that's what keeps my flame burning bright. Also, sure wouldn't mind a nice ranch house on 10 acres!

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Meeting MJ, shake his hand and tell him I've made it.

I was going to say freedom and control like many others, but this one really hit home. It's not just MJ, though. It would also be Pat Flynn, Steve Kamp, and John Sonmez. People I look up to and respect, to show give them the greatest honor by following their teachings.

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
Well, 2 years ago the answer to this question would have been a Lamborghini. Though, the Lambo is still a dream of mine- over the last couple of years I've come to realize that what I want even more is to be different than every other average person out there.

I don't have a whole lot of friends- but my boyfriend is huge into cars, so we go to a lot car events, and I see so many average people living way above their means. I can name at least a dozen guys that work minimally paying jobs but own Mustangs with $20k worth of modifications on them. Or people who are living paycheck to paycheck and then buy a $2k camera with their tax returns. It bugs me. I never want to be like that. I never want to have to live paycheck to paycheck or be that person who has to spend 90% of their income in order to enjoy their hobby (whether that be cars or whatever else), or that person who lives off their parents money. I want to be independently successful and have people wonder how I did it.

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
Probably in this order
1) To be in control of my time and actions (not live in desperation)
2) To realize my potential
3) To be in a position where I can easily help those close to me/provide for my future family

Freedom61

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Mar 21, 2015
Tampa, FL
-Personal freedom, i want to own my 24 hours everyday
-Freedom for my parents

x2 The reason all my stuff was material items (I'll argue that racing motocross isn't 100% materialistic as it's an amazing sport that's tons of fun and not only is straight up gnarly, but the friends I've met from it are awesome, and the sport is really one big family), I was going with the thread of the material items.

I want to pay off my parents' debt: their house, credit cards, car loans, etc. at the same time I purchase my first exotic car (I'm pretty far away but in my mind I feel as if it's just a stone's throw away - helps keep me motivated and gaining traction daily) and this happens I reach the net worth I want to be at in order to spend a decent amount of money to not affect me, plus I get to help the people that helped me the most in life, the biggest is teaching me work ethic and accountability.

As my username states - freedom! The ability to decide, "hey, let's load up the toy hauler and head to this race track next weekend in Texas" or "let's go to St. Thomas in the Caribbean or Vegas for two weeks", and still have money rolling in thanks to a nearly automated fastlane business.

I'll play along in this thread, I tried to skip through all the material replies. IMO if that's the reason you are in business, you aren't going to make it far or you are still really young.

I was following the theme of the thread, my response to this is above.

For me I want my life to have been impactful on others that are atleast 2 degrees from my circle, after I'm gone. This means doing something noteable.

Is anyone going to look for your wiki page after you are dead? What are future generations of your family going to say about you when they break out the family tree?

One of my fastlane ventures will save businesses that operate commercial vehicles thousands if not millions of dollars depending on their size - that's one impact I really want to make.

condo in the city so i can sit out on the balcony and look at the city lights and relax while i plot my next moves.

someday even a house and a 50 yard indoor football field with a full collegiate-professional level athletics gym along with a full size indoor basketball court.

As much as I love the quiet country setting, I really would love a condo in a high rise near the water in Florida that you can see a downtown skyline from.

I definitely want to have a full sized outdoor basketball court at my own house, I've always loved playing it and the idea of having a full sized court all to myself to shoot hoops or play pick up games with my friends would be awesome. I too, could shoot hoops for hours and never get bored, it'd be like I'm a kid again lol.

The feeling of not having to worry anymore. The feeling of the possibility of not having to lift a finger and be set for life. Obviously I will still stay on the grind, but having that security is key.

Right now I'm broke as heck with everything put into my fastlane biz after exiting my slowlane business (no big liquidation event, basically a fire sale to just get rid of it) and with cash flow/sales tight at the moment, this is something I desperately want - to not have to worry about how the heck I'm going to pay for this or that.

Yesterday I saw a Tesla parked in a driveway and I lit up.

I thought, "damn that's nice! I can't wait to get me one of those!"

That's the difference between our thinking.

I look at something I want, and I have the feeling that that's mine already.

There aren't many exotic cars out & about this time of year in my area but that's exactly how I feel when I see a Lambo or Ferrari in the spring/summer/fall. You have to have the mindset that it's possible & that you'll be owning one soon - without it being a financial burden!

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
Wow a lot of these make mine look like nothing. Like I should have it by now haha. Ah well head down, back to work.

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
I've shifted a lot this year in my thinking. I used to say that I wanted the giant million dollar house with the sports cars and boats. Granted, if I had the money, I would probably get some of those things.

My real goal however, is to be able to pay for a ~$200,000 house, have two reliable cars that are nice but not crazy, like a Mazda CX-5 and a nice sedan. Have a nice chunk of change going into savings. But the real thing is my time. I want to be able to go on an afternoon walk with my family. I want to be able to have the independence to go to Charleston, SC for a week at the drop of a hat. Shoot, I'll be fine with staying in $75 hotels and going to the grocery store to get cheap lunch food while on vacation; just having the ability to DO IT is my first goal.

I want to be able to be take my boy and go do cool stuff with him. When he is older and in school, he will get out of school at 2pm. I'd love to be able to be waiting for him and take him fishing right after school. Really just being present with my family and making good memories is what I really want.

relentlessaction

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Dec 18, 2015
My freedom - the ability to work on projects which I enjoy versus working and trading hours for a paycheck.

The ability to automate systems and be more location independent.

The ability for total living costs to be 25% of my income. To enjoy, aiming for higher revenues/incomes on a daily basis for fun.

Buickestate

any colour as long as it comes with wood
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
I took a look at the new 2016 Cadillac CT6 this afternoon, it's a nice enough to motivate me. I just put one on my 18 month goal.

welshmin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Feb 4, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
Financial freedom. To reach the level of F*ck You within my fortress of solitude. Typically $2.5m

Specifically, I have three levels -
$1m is my bare minimum goal, I will be happy but not satisfied.
$2.5m is my F*ck you fortress of solitude, this puts me far above the rest and ensures safety from which I can build anything. If I hit this, the sky is the limit.
$5 - 7.5m , this is where I can say i've made it. I doubt if I reach this level i'll ever stop, but I will know beyond the shadow of a doubt come hell or high water, my family will be looked after, I will be free and can start to enjoy some of the finer things. By no means is this a cap though.

Last edited:

W4RHRSE

High Speed, Low Drag
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 10, 2016
Central Virginia
I want to help out my family and friends. The ones who were there when I had nothing. The ones who always gave me the best advice and helped me out.

I want the most stressful decision of the day to be, what are we throwing on the grill that night.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.