The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your Lambo? (What are you working for?)

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
Like most of you all, it's freedom now. I'm still holding down a day off, and the office politics is the same no matter where I go.

It used to a Lambo as well...hell I would still love an Aventador now! (in due time hopefully :D )I could not have find MJ's book at a better time. It really changed my life. My friends thought I was crazy for not trying to advance up the corporate ladder and continue to trade time for money, shot for shot.

I never felt sorry for myself, but admittedly I played the 'victim' at times. I was always into cars and went to local meets in college...and got to knew a bunch of spoiled kids who were driving supercars in their early 20s. I wondered why I couldn't be one of those rich kids, lol.

I immigrated to this country in 1994 when I was in the 4th grade with my mom. We came with nothing but a few suitcases and her savings. I could wholeheartedly agree about wanting to move to the USA. I came from SouthEast Asia, where the economy is heavily skewed and corruptions were plentiful...you would need a good job just to afford a Honda Accord.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
It wasn't until I bought a brand new Range Rover last year that I realised that wasn't what my "lambo" was.

Sure I want an Audi R8, or dare say even the real dream McLaren 650S.

But that'll be a byproduct of what I've realised the real dream to be, the real "lambo". And that's quite simple really, financial freedom.

Financial freedom doesn't mean millions, financial freedom isn't "never having to work again" it means enough money coming in each month to pay all the bills and to cover your lifestyle with the ability to do what you want, not what someone else tells you to do. If you have a basic lifestyle then that might not be a lot, if you want a McLaren then it will obviously be a lot more.

I don't want to worry about keeping up the car payments, or credit cards etc. My aim now is to pay everything down, sell the RR and buy a car outright, sure it might not be as nice but I won't have to make re-payments and I can upgrade in the future when I build up more cash. I'll buy another one day when I can afford it outright.

So my lambo is being free from debt and not having to worry if I make enough money to pay for everything each month.
Cheers, brother. I'm with you on everything you said.

When I was in college, my dream was to own an M3 before I turned 30. Well, I turned 30 back in November, and I'm still driving my TSX with 106k miles...darn reliable and I hope it goes another 100K miles! The car's been paid off for years, and I was able to save up some money for projects to propel me into fast lane.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Just this:

P90167211_highRes.jpg

I got my driving license for motorcycle last year and I'm really dying to get one.

It's not expensive as a Lambo, I can even buy one right now if I want. I just don't want to use this to drive to the work I need to pay for it.

Freedom > Stuff

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
My own Volvo Ocean Race team (round the world sailing). Estimated total cost for a team entry is $20-25M right now. Its basically a 2-3 year thing incl all the preparation.

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
FU money as they say. I hate having to kiss a$$ and deal with a-holes because I need the deal more than they do. I'm brutality honest in all other aspects of my life, the fact I have to bite my tongue because I need their money pisses me off.

As-promised-here_s-the-photo-of-211223-in-cash-we-raised-for-charity-The-Oatmeal-21-520x245.jpg

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
I think some people here in the US really need to give this a good read, particular young kids who think they have it bad. Now they just want everything free.

Anyhow, this is my *new* Lambo I am working for...

luxury-log-homes-3.jpg

luxury_smoky_mountains_cabin1.jpg

Buying with income already earned is not how I roll either, must be new earnings!
Yeah its amazing how many Americans don't know how lucky they are. I have a mate who grew up in the states and isnt allowed back (for his privacy i wont say why but its not a major crime or anything) and he says that in comparison its like a third world country here and i quite agree. All i need is to earn $100,000 so I can get a business there to allow my visa. Other than that im not concerned with financial freedom etc as id happily work as a janitor over there so I can raise my kids as Americans. I find this site and many of the people on it very inspirational as there are lots of you on here seeking financial freedom and millions of dollars and doing a damn fine job doing so. It makes my goal seem small in comparison and achievable. Even though I have had failed businesses in the past it has never felt closer than since i have discovered MJs book and this forum so I would like to thank everyone here as even though what you are doing isn't for me, What you post is inspirational for many people like me who sometimes feel like it will never happen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted20833

Tai Lopez gave a talk where he said peoples 4 main reasons to becoming rich are:

Money/material gain (Lambos, Yachts, Mansions)
Mating/better romantic partners (that dream girl/guy you've always wanted to date)
Mastery/Status (fame)
Momentum/Freedom (being able to do what you want when you want)

he said the way to test which is your main motivation is to
see which one of those makes you the most jealous when
you see another person with them

Dicky Dee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 25, 2014
The empire i leave behind for my family of generations to come is my "lambo". I come from nothing, at one point not even citizenship to a country, everyone in my family and extended family only knows to work hard and appreciate your job. Im the only one thats in business and i had to do some f*cked up shit to get to where i am now. I need to show/give my family another way besides the slowlane before im gone.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
My motivational Lambo?

To move to me and my family to a 1st world country again (primarily USA), I've had enough of 3rd world problems...
Secondly, to give my family a Fastlane lifestyle in the States, for me it would be like achieving heaven on earth...

I see hitting the Fastlane as the best and most long-term way to achieve this dream.

It's not cars, mansions, women, or partying I'm looking forward to; for me, THIS IS the financial freedom we talk so much about here

Go Hard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 30, 2016
U.S.
Great thread guys!

I think that I'm working to give my family a life like no other. I want to say that I'm semi- retired before even getting remotely close to that stage in life, and to be able to take care of my mom and mother in law in their latter years.

Wish all of you much success in all your dreams!

7.62x51

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 27, 2015
This is my "lambo"
terminator_1_0.jpg

one day, I want to bring humanity one step closer to building truly intelligent machines

if money were no object, I'd open up my own private AI research lab and work towards that

Buickestate

any colour as long as it comes with wood
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario

I would love to have the shop and time to make more award winning custom cars...

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
A penthouse/condo in Colorado.
I love the weather, the environment, and the sports.
1077+Canyon+Blvd+402+Boulder+CO+USA+395789_2-REPLACE.jpg Amazing_Denver_Rooftop_Penthouse_For_Sale_worldofarchi_01.jpg 0328-crocs-6.jpg

Fun fact: the property on the right belongs to Crocs CEO. It went on sale for 3 MM.

Last edited:

JohnZ123

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 23, 2014
Freedom. Never having to set an alarm in my life again for anyone else but myself.

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
The ability to do whatever i want when i want to..
Without worrying about can i afford it?...will i be able to get off that day?

It was for a Audi RS7 but now that i am getting older(25) and make a decent amount of money im losing the shiny object syndrome....

I just want something to be proud of...something i can look back when im older and be like wow i made this...and pass down to my kids to take over..
Instead of look what i bought and its not worth anything now so you can have it....

Attachments

• rs7tb.JPG
    rs7tb.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 35

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
It wasn't until I bought a brand new Range Rover last year that I realised that wasn't what my "lambo" was.

Sure I want an Audi R8, or dare say even the real dream McLaren 650S.

But that'll be a byproduct of what I've realised the real dream to be, the real "lambo". And that's quite simple really, financial freedom.

Financial freedom doesn't mean millions, financial freedom isn't "never having to work again" it means enough money coming in each month to pay all the bills and to cover your lifestyle with the ability to do what you want, not what someone else tells you to do. If you have a basic lifestyle then that might not be a lot, if you want a McLaren then it will obviously be a lot more.

I don't want to worry about keeping up the car payments, or credit cards etc. My aim now is to pay everything down, sell the RR and buy a car outright, sure it might not be as nice but I won't have to make re-payments and I can upgrade in the future when I build up more cash. I'll buy another one day when I can afford it outright.

So my lambo is being free from debt and not having to worry if I make enough money to pay for everything each month.
This is great. I don't think alot of people realize that "Financial Freedom" Depending on your lifestyle can be achieved with a minimal amount of $$ if you live a simplistic lifestyle.

If you need $3k per month to live, and are making $5k per month passively through business ventures set up. You have technically achieved "financial freedom" at least in my own opinion.

However... If you want to party every weekend and drop a bunch of money at clubs for no apparent reason other then to "ball out" Then maybe you need to be making $20k per month.

Idk where i am going with this, i guess the whole point is if you figure out what you would really actually be comfortable with in life. You can then come to an estimated # of what you would need. Then you can get to work on making that money and achieve financial freedom.

The more "you think you need", the more you'll have to make.
The second you realize what you actually need, the easier the journey becomes.

Sorry for the long-winded post, your response sparked a thought in my mind i wanted to write out. Thanks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.