The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

NOTABLE! What's your Lambo? (What are you working for?)

Never1

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Nov 13, 2015
Canada
My #1 thing has always been freedom. In AZ there's a bunch of private communities with air-strips and I can honestly tell you that I've considered them. I can't fly a plane but considered learning, but the idea of taking off whenever/wherever has a certain amount of appeal. Freedom is expensive to begin with, but "freedom augmenters" can be super-expensive.
Yeah, the cost and time required to get the required ratings to operate something like this would be a process in and of itself. If you have sufficient F.U. money, and the desire, you could log a lot of flight time and get up to spec in a few years.

These personal jets are around $4MM I believe, plus the costs associated with insurance, maintenance and operating it, as well as whatever costs come from storage/hangar/fees at private strips etc... A propellar plane would be more reasonable, but I just love the idea of something like this. What a machine.

And of course you need to be in good health, clear a medical, before you can even begin.

MattR82

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Oct 4, 2015
Perth
I've lived out of 2 suitcases for the last 5 years so material things haven't held any desire for me for a loooong time. I just want to be in full control of my own life. I don't want another dipshit boss or corporate culture. I've only just started tasting a little success in the last 6 months and am making about 15% of what I used to be on, but couldn't be happier about it.

Jsoh

Bronze Contributor
May 16, 2019
California

BUT

Truth be told, I'm more looking for freedom to have a family, a place to live with my family, and the ability to be with my family instead of working for some dude who drives a toyota... Then the Ferrari.

Also, I'm looking for helping people grow their businesses with my help. That's a big motivator for me too.

Siddhartha

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 30, 2019
I don't have any single high-ticket Item I'm working for.

I work the way I do to achieve 2 things singlehandedly worth more than an aircraft carrier filled with lambos and staffed with young 20-something models armed with champagne and an adventurous personality.

Freedom and Health.

The ability to wake up at 4:30 and read not to escape the thumb of a corporate job, but to read to improve where I'm at and how I'm providing value in this life.

The ability to grab a cup of coffee and go sit out on my porch and listen to Scott Adam's daily periscope any day of the week, potentially with a book in hand; soaking in the fresh morning air and looking at all the beauty in front of me.
Sitting safe in the knowledge that I don't have to pass through managerial buzz-cuts and suffer bureaucracy daily to eek out a living in the script.

I might go to a foreign country, I might be brushing up on whiskey aging techniques, or I could even go and get fitted for a suit; not a single one of those experiences will be as rewarding as the first day I take my freedom back.

Last edited:

MattR82

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 4, 2015
Perth
I don't have any single high-ticket Item I'm working for.

I work the way I do to achieve 2 things singlehandedly worth more than an aircraft carrier filled with lambos and staffed with young 20-something models armed with champagne and an adventurous personality.

Freedom and Health.

The ability to wake up at 4:30 and read not to escape the thumb of a corporate job, but to read to improve where I'm at and how I'm providing value in this life.

The ability to grab a cup of coffee and go sit out on my porch and listen to Scott Adam's daily periscope any day of the week, potentially with a book in hand; soaking in the fresh morning air and looking at all the beauty in front of me.
Sitting safe in the knowledge that I don't have to pass through managerial buzz-cuts and suffer bureaucracy daily to eek out a living in the script.

I might go to a foreign country, I might be brushing up on whiskey aging techniques, or I could even go and get fitted for a suit; not a single one of those experiences will be as rewarding as the first day I take my freedom back.
Yep, screw the lambo. At my last job, they were hanging contract renewals and cutbacks or "window seats" over everyone's heads for about 9 months of the year. Terrible way to live.

They would hire newbies during a growth stage that lasted 3 months, then cutbacks came in and they would usually get rid of long term experienced guys before the newbies. I think some of it was to do with management not liking being challenged and some of it wanting to keep people on their toes.

Pantheon Brian

Contributor
May 28, 2019
What are my “Why’s” of wanting to be an entrepreneur and living the Fastlane lifestyle? First (after this one, the list is not in order of importance), is to get to the point where my wife can retire early, regardless of whether her retirement with the school district vests or not.

I want to be free from the hum-drum of owning a house. Basically I want to be able to afford to pay people (contribute to the economy!) to do ALL of the yard work, most of the house work and all of the big – and sometimes little – maintenance things that need doing.

I want to get in a car with my wife and drive across the country, eating in hole-in-the-wall diners and leaving $1,000 tips for the waitresses and cooks. I want to be able to contribute to people who are just having a rough go of life, whether it’s the mom who has cancer, the dad who was laid off of work, or anything else. I want to be able to go up to cops – or other first-responders - hand them a gift card to a local restaurant and say “Thanks for helping keep us safe.” I want to leave gift cards taped to the backs of packages of diapers in WalMart or Target with the note “Raising kids is expensive – hope this helps. You’re doing great!”

I want to be able to travel to Italy, Ireland, Australia and any number of the hundreds of interesting places there are to see in this world. I want to be able to experience the local cuisine and culture of those places without worrying about the bank balance. I want to take my family (mom & dad and siblings) and my wife’s mom, dad and siblings to a very nice restaurant and after paying for everyone’s dinner, thank them for the way they’ve impacted our lives. I want to pay for a week’s vacation to Hawaii for my family – rent a house big enough to fit all of us (like 46 of us at last count with all of the nieces and nephews), perhaps even charter a plane so we don’t have to deal with the headaches normally associated with air travel, and pay people to prepare the meals and do the clean-up so we can concentrate on the vacation.

My dream car would be a Porsche 911 re-imagined by Singer. Other than that, a nice truck – 2019 Ram 1500 - and an SUV would probably be all I need ( ).

Teo_NK

PARKED
Jun 3, 2019
Bulgaria
I like building things, and I Love nature so I chouse this thing so that one day I can use technology (robots/drones) to make a system that will keep the nature clean, without the need of incompetent people.

MoneyDoc

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Me personally... I love expensive cars, condos, and watches. These 3 are my lambos.

Gabry_ITA

New Contributor
Feb 28, 2019
First, I wanna be free. Freedom is the key for THE Life.
Second, I want to help animals: I would build a sanctuary for abused and homeless animals (dogs, cats but also pigs, cows, donkeys...) and let them live in peace.
Third, I wanna a Tesla and, only for sunday, a Mustang supercharged :D

FORUM SPONSOR

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Post thread…

Search the Forum

New Topics

FASTLANE INSIDERS

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers