• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! What's your Lambo? (What are you working for?)

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by mrarcher, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Victor Cezar

Victor Cezar Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $521
    Well, I have a lot of things that I want to have and do with the consequences of the fast lane.
    But summarizing everything. My lambo is my time, I want to have 100% ofmy time. With this I want to inspire people, make people feel good things, create a legacy that transcend time

2. WTF

WTF Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $165
    Freedom in time, in what I can go do, in what I can afford to eat, in the quality of places I live. Freedom in all aspects of life; I don't care for anything fancy.

Nothing more than that.

3. BelovedLittleOne

BelovedLittleOne Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $229
    My lambo?

Something most people are scared to death of: Change.

Changing big chunks of my life as it is now, gaining control, liberty, choice, creativity and a good night’s sleep.

Control over my own life. Paying off that restricting mortgage. NOT giving my boy into daycare for 30 hrs a week, in order to work at a job, that I need to pay bills. Being able to NOT force my family into a system because I don’t seem to have another choice. Contributing value to not just one big company which does not even appreciate and/or want all the things you are doing. Liberty to help and give money, time and knowledge freely (my brothers mortgage, a home for my mother to grow old in in dignity, financial support for my cousin (4 kids, newly divorced), local community, the list doesn’t stop there. The liberty to give in to creative ideas (business and private) and not postponing them to “maybe never”. The choice to constantly learn new things. Sinking into a good book’s story without setting an alarm.

And eventually a lifestyle.

A cook? A help? A gardener? A physiotherapist/personal trainer? A pilot’s license? A gyrocopter? A sailing-license? An Oldtimer? Kayaking in Mongolia? Horseback riding in the Rocky Mountains? Snorkeling in Madagascar? Sailing to the Azores? Hiking in Austria? Visiting my family and friends as often and for as long as I want? Sleeping in and working in the wee hours of the night?

But let’s not do all at once! I’ll just start by working until the wee hours of the night, and not sleeping in.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  4. ChrisV

ChrisV Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,331
    Aston Martin v12 Vantage in 6-speed Manual. White with a jet black interior.

More realistically I’ll probably get the V8 since I want this to be my daily driver.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDNj82rHzvM

My first ‘lambo’ was my BMW 335i Coupe. I had it but it got rear ended. :(

5. ChrisV

ChrisV Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,331
    Having an upside down christmas tree?!!!! is this something all swanky rich folk do?!!?@

6. ellepro

ellepro New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $36
    Travel. I work for travel

RMDS likes this.
  7. Tom.V

Tom.V Tom Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $9,010
    I haven't spoken to too many about my pie in the sky, but it's lofty.

When I first started down this path, after reading TMF and TR's Awaken the Giant Within, I fleshed out all of my materialistic goals. While I do still want a private island with a landing strip in addition to a 100ft yacht with a helipad and room to park my Pagani safely onboard, I have evolved since then. Things that can be bought with money are losing more and more value as I travel down this path.

It was about 3 years ago that I started having some health issues, primarily related to poor diet, lack of exercise, and sitting in front of a computer for 12-18 hours a day, 7 days a week. I have since rectified my poor habits and have "seemingly" undone a lot of the self inflicted damage. With that in mind, it was facing my own mortality that got my mind racing harder and faster than it ever had before. Searching frantically for answers, for solutions, and for preventative measures for many of the most treacherous maladies.

It got me thinking, and intensely curious about how to overcome them. I had stumbled across some pretty amazing projects people were working on at the time, such as Ido Bachelet and his clamshell nanorobots that he and his team programmed to release chemotherapy drugs directly at cancer ridden cells. The claim was that this process could be used to cure any form of cancer, given they could identify specific markers to target it. (excuse any ignorant verbiage or assumptions here, again I am not a scientist). Last I heard about the project was they had a subject with Stage 4 leukemia with one month to live and they were going to use the nanorobots to cure the subject. Things went dark from there. Some more info -> Nanorobots made out of DNA seek and kill cancer cells

This was all just so exciting to me to find out about. To really see how fast things are advancing in the field of medicine, to truly help not just individuals, but the masses. Every time I read about cures, or vaccines, or breakthroughs, the hair stands up on the back of my neck. My face gets flush, my eyes well up. It's a feeling of pure joy and pride for our species. The true marvel of human achievement. It's this feeling that I now crave. It's the end result that could potentially save humanity as we know it and create an end time for disease and even death.

So I have been researching and taking notes since I've made this realization about myself and what I want to accomplish in life. I want to contribute in this field how I can with the goal being to organize and push towards these breakthroughs. This can take many forms, and I am still working out the details, but this is the long game for me.

As far as getting there, the plan now is to build my company to sell, make enough from that sale to gain 100% control over my time and finances for the rest of my life to be able to 100% focus on this endeavor. It's all in the works.

8. Andreas Thiel

Andreas Thiel Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $460
    I suppose I am torn. On the one hand, I am exhausted and want / need a break from the day job ... mostly to recharge.
    On the other hand, I would really love to run a technology company that rides the waves of technological progress and eventually positively impact the lifes of a billion people that way (Singularity University style massively transformative purpose).

Part of the target lifestyle are a luxurious home, sparring (PFS?) with robots and regular rapid skill acquisition experiments.

9. YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan Miles to go before I sleep Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,496
  10. SethLBender

SethLBender New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $92
    I have taken a Ferrari for some laps at a small track and if its a car that's what I'd choose.

I think the Lambo is ourselves growing incrementally through daily habits and fulfilling our potential while helping out others to do the same. Help family, help friends, help those in need.

SMH and malphax5 like this.
  11. Danny Sullivan

Danny Sullivan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,093
    Sounds weird, but i'm having the best days if i was able to directly help someone and improved their day / life. If money was no concern i would organize "come-togethers" for homeless people, providing food and drinks, the ability to get a proper shave and haircut, maybe even showers or a place to wash and buy some second hand clothes for them to change theirs. Some might even be able to get their lifes back on track, which i'd genuinely enjoy.

If money was no concern i would more often approach homeless people to ask them what they need (maybe it's just some food or a pair of new shoes or whatever it is) and then offer to provide it for them.

I would like to be able to sometimes pay for grocery purchases of elders (when i see them counting their spare change and maybe putting things aside if they don't have enough money) or seemingly single mothers with a lot of kids that have to pay 200-300 € just for the most necessary goods. General just people that seem like they have a hard time providing for themselves.

Improving the overall situation for our animal shelters in germany would be another concern. Just beeing able to organize / provide what they need (medical care, equipment for their animals, new constructions etc.) would really make my day.

I don't need much for myself. A small place to life which i can call my own (debtfree), maybe a hobby car (still in love with the Mitsubishi Starion 2600GS and the Datsun 240Z). Owning my own time and the ability to travel the world is my personal priority.

If you have enough money, why hold onto it like it's "your precious"? How does 100.000$ per month make you any more happy than 10.000 $ per month? Both is enough to live like a king. It's about what you do with it and give back to society, not how much you have.

SMH, BelovedLittleOne and SethLBender like this.
  12. Jeff Noel

Jeff Noel Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,088
    My lambo will be the moment I will have spent the necessary money on my eyes, teeth and general health. That would be my Huracan.

My Aventador SV would be the moment I will have paid back the hard work my parents did since I'm born by paying their mortgage and debts they accumulated because of their children to make them happy... and being able to focus on their health and happiness.

All the other fluff rolling in my mind are just "Nice to have" things, like a safe yet performant and stylish car that's not too expensive (used Stinger GT in a few years?) yet comfy enough for my girlfriend and I. Useless dreams would be a Tesla Roadster for me and a Model X for my parents (safest SUV IIRC). I wouldn't say no to a McLaren either. Before all the expensive cars (excluding the Stinger GT) I would love a house where you don't hear the neighbors.

RMDS and B. Cole like this.
  13. struka

struka Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $192
    If you would've asked me this few years ago, I would say a car like a 70-80s Porsche (still on the list) but now I would say travel would be a priority so I can see the world and teach my kid(s) about other things in life than being a materialist.

SMH and Jeff Noel like this.
  14. Startup Steve

Startup Steve Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $452
    Continue to have deep meaning relationships and experience with those people.