The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your job ? What do you do?

Pilot35

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
502%
Sep 2, 2016
I actually don't have a job, and I never had one my whole life because I never needed one (and no, my parents are not wealthy, and no, I don't live at home with them).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Ludachris

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 17, 2017
Norcal
My official title is "web operations". It just means I manage anything web related for the small company that employs me, because nobody else here knows how to do any of it. I mainly manage and maintain their e-commerce sites and online marketing, but I also do some graphic design, print marketing materials, manage all the domains, email accounts, and eBay accounts. The only thing I've actually taken classes for was graphic design - everything else has been trial by fire learning over the years and now it's all second nature to me.

I look forward to getting to the point where I can stop trading my time for money.

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
I am a Sales-Man for AUDI-Volkswagen....
It is considering by many people "a very good job"... Yes I earn a good salary for a 25yr old man, but I am still work between 60 to 80 hours by weeks (94hrs last week....) so it is definitely slow lane.... And I will never be a Millionnaire with this job !!

I am inspiring FASTLANE in the next 2 years max....

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
I am a Sales-Man for AUDI-Volkswagen....
It is considering by many people "a very good job"... Yes I earn a good salary for a 25yr old man, but I am still work between 60 to 80 hours by weeks (94hrs last week....) so it is definitely slow lane.... And I will never be a Millionnaire with this job !!

I am inspiring FASTLANE in the next 2 years max....

You must be a smooth salesman if you can sell German cars in France ;)

GameOver

World Domination
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 11, 2017
USA
This thread has been a really interesting read; I'll keep checking-in on it!

I'm in management at a Fortune 500 company. I direct technical folks' work (not the nuts and bolts anymore, more like the long-term strategy stuff), interface with our customers and essentially sell them new products, interface with our senior leaders, and so on. I'm sort of an operations kind of guy I suppose. It's been a good job but I'm just about ready to venture-out into my own space.

There's some more background in my introduction thread over here (I am still relatively new on this board):

Introduction - Extremely successful Corp. America burnout looking for freedom. Let's talk about it!

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
Chemical engineer. I basically direct the 'how' for a chemical company's growth. I help build the storage tanks, figure out how to route chemicals from one place to another, and take the blame whenever anything goes wrong.

It's an industry that can have massive margins, and I'm uniquely situated to build my own company within this niche. I'm hoping to raise the funds using fastlane techniques to start a company, possibly a chemical company. We'll see how I feel about it in a few years.

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
You must be a smooth salesman if you can sell German cars in France ;)
Thanks !!

I know this legend yeah, I'm not really sure but I assume it's more difficult than to sell French cars.... :)

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
Off-topic, but age is just a number. No matter how old you are now, you are never too old for success or going after what you want.
never-too-late-start-venture-03.gif

Now that I like, I feel like I could be the poster boy (mature man) for why the slowlane doesn't work, but I can change that.

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
Back on topic, I'm a retired ex coal miner, ex school bus driver, ex care home kitchen worker. I've proved the slowlane doesn't really work, and only leads to mediocrity. I was fortunate enough to have some of the right processes in my life to now live reasonably, but whilst I have the freedom of time and a very loving family we are not yet in a position of true financial freedom.

Last edited:

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
For those of you who are still stuck in the slowlane, I'm a little curious about your occupation...What do you do if you don't mind sharing?

Sourcing & Supply Chain Operations for a global consumer packaged goods company.

Which is why I had one of those "slap my head...I could have had a V8" moments after reading TMFL & Unscripted . I have built a deep base of contacts, sources, and knowledge over the last 20 years and could have been developing my own products long ago.

AngryBird

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jan 18, 2018
cincinnati,oh
I was a computer programmer but after a takeover of our auto club, I got stuck in the position of business analyst and I despise the job and my boss. Bad, bad, bad.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.