The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your average monthly ROI?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Walley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Oct 1, 2007
I'm just wondering what are your average percentage for your returns. I've been trading since August and getting about 20% every month. I hear 10% a year is good. I know there has to be some people here making more than 100%...?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BurnBright

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 8, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
10% a year is normal for a conservative investor but it is garbage for a trader. 20% is a good return monthly but is hard to do consistently once your account gets large. You also need to consider leverage, risk, concentration, turnover, and the vehicle you are trading. And you also need to be prepared for when the market changes and your strategy no longer works or no longer is as robust. Without factoring in taxes you only need to do 6% a month to double your money in one year. If you are aiming to do 100% in a month you need to prepare to blowout your account a few times a year or aleast see some nasty draw downs.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
This year is an anomaly for a trader. My returns this year have been very high, but the volatility has helped a lot. I am up in my trading account about 100% since January. I mainly trade options. Mostly I sell puts or calls and then buy them back when/if they are up in value. I generally only sell options on stocks I own. 20% per month is very high, even in this market. That of course depends on how you measure your results. Are you measuring it based on your total account? If so, you may be the next John Paulson. You would have more than tripled your money since January. keep in mind, the larger your account, the harder it is to make those kind of returns. it is much easier to get that kind of return if you are working with $25k than if you are working with $25m ir $25b.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.