The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your area of expertise?

G

GuestUser8117

Tell us what is your area in which you are an expert or knowledgable. I suggest this thread becomes a reference where people can come here and see who is good at something than ask the person via pm for a particular question and get advice from him/her. It can be anything. Business or interests/hobbies. As for me I'm not really an expert at something, more of a jack of all trade.

Knowledgable: language translation (french and english and a little italian),learning and playing guitar, mafia history, 3d Animation
Weak points: networking
Interests/hobbies: Pool/billard, hiking, violin, wine, coffee, psychology, consciousness, business, real estate, golf, girls, personal development

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Not gonna lie, cool thread idea. I separated mine into expertise, knowledgable, and even included my weakpoints.

As it's probably already well known...

Expertise: Software Development, Product Creation
Knowledgeable: Business, Trading, Sales
Weakpoints: Human Resourcing & Accounting
Hobbies: Fitness, Clubbing, Ancient Cultures, Paranormal Research

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
Expertise: Digital Marketing, all forms ( email, seo, sem, social, ppc, banner, media buys, mobile, blackhat spam, etc ). Ecommerce, Classifieds, Lead Gen.
Knowledgeable: Business, Marketing
Weakness: Pivoting

TheBlackLion

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
May 5, 2013
America
I think this is a great idea.

Expertise: Marketing & Innovation
Knowledgeable: eCommerce, Web Design & Customer Service
Weak Points: Accounting & Management (trying to gain experience to correct this)
Hobbies: Music, reading (specially business stuff, I eat it up) & going out with friends.

nope327

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
May 17, 2013
Denver, CO
Expertise: Customer Service, Photography
Knowledgeable: Product creation/ manufacturing
Weak Points: Everything dealing with online marketing and advertising
Hobbies: Photography, Fast Cars, Hiking, Fitness

Add me if we can help each other out!

Moving to Denver in August 2013

G-man422

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 5, 2011
Ohio, USA
Great thread idea.

Expertise: Real Estate (specifically mobile homes and self storage), Financial Management, Wholesaling.
Knowledgeable: Investing, real estate due diligence.
Weak Points: Web Advertising/Marketing. Website Design.
Hobbies: Numismatics, Cars, Craigslist.

SeanyHang

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
May 24, 2013
New Jersey
Expertise: Customer Service, Sales, Singing,Songwriting, Pickup (Pickup may be considered douchey to some.. but is ridiculously valuable to super awkward guys)
Knowledgeable: Marketing, Guitar, Business, Supplement industry, Outsourcing
Weakness:Webdesign/development (for now - but I'm learning), Web advertising (also learning), Staying Focused (Work in progress)
Hobbies Playing music, Hitting the bars, Fitness, Reddit (detrimental to being productive..), MMA, and reading (non-fiction).

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Expertise: Video, Video Marketing
Knowledgeable: Photography, Photoshop, Motion Graphics, Animation, Lead Generation, VSEO, Branding, Digital Media (gaming, podcasting, web shows)
Weak Points: Accounting, financing, money management, cashflow. I've built great things and lost it all due to not keeping an eye on spending. Getting a bit better through the school of hard knocks.
Hobbies: Magic (performing), Puzzles/Trivia/Mind Teasers, Strategy Games (video/boardgames).
Interests: Multimedia History, Botony/Alchemy/Gardening, Leonardo DaVinci, Future Sciences/Technologies, Skepticism, Paranormal Research.
Music Tastes: Punk Rock: (Rancid/Green Day/Bouncing Souls), Classic Rock: (Boston, Queen), Blues Rock: (Raconteurs, Black Keys)

SeanyHang

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
May 24, 2013
New Jersey
Skepticism, Paranormal Research.
Two hobbies that seem to completely contradict each other! (Although I see how being a skeptic can rule out some factors in paranormal occurrences, until you're left with something that can only be explained as paranormal!)

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Two hobbies that seem to completely contradict each other! (Although I see how being a skeptic can rule out some factors in paranormal occurrences, until you're left with something that can only be explained as paranormal!)

Haha, this exactly.

I'm not as skeptic as in a naysayer.... I WANT to believe that there's paranormal shiz going on around us so I'm open to the possibility... but I know all the common fallacies, probabilities of coincidence, psychological tricks and cons.... so I know what to legit get excited about and what to truely believe.

So far I've been disappointed, but I keep my ear to the ground because I'm hopeful for new stuff.

SeanyHang

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
May 24, 2013
New Jersey
So far I've been disappointed, but I keep my ear to the ground because I'm hopeful for new stuff.
As a video guy, have you gone out "ghost hunting" or whatever? Looking for orbs and all that fun stuff through a camera? I try to remain skeptical with most things (this coming front the guy who believes with all his might that he's going to be a multi-friggen-millionaire) but my parents recently took a small trip with family to Gettysburg and filmed themselves at dinner in what is apparently one of the most haunted restaurant/hotels down there (good marketing whether or not it's actually true if you ask me).. The footage they showed me was ridiculous - Orbs EVERYWHERE... that or the restaurant was one of the dustiest places on earth.

OzGrinder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Expertise: Software development, business analysis, cloud computing, IT within business, streamlining business proceses through technology, people management, budget management
Weak points: sales
Interests/hobbies: Game fishing, pool, hiking/camping, food/wine, travelling, personal development/self improvement

Did I get the job? :smilielol:
JK, I like the thread idea.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
As a video guy, have you gone out "ghost hunting" or whatever? Looking for orbs and all that fun stuff through a camera? I try to remain skeptical with most things (this coming front the guy who believes with all his might that he's going to be a multi-friggen-millionaire) but my parents recently took a small trip with family to Gettysburg and filmed themselves at dinner in what is apparently one of the most haunted restaurant/hotels down there (good marketing whether or not it's actually true if you ask me).. The footage they showed me was ridiculous - Orbs EVERYWHERE... that or the restaurant was one of the dustiest places on earth.

I really like the energy of this thread and I don't want to talk about this here and derail it. I answered this in a more related thread:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/cu...opic/46806-psychic-experience.html#post285837

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest3722A

Expertise: I wouldn’t say expert but I spend most of my life trading and watching the markets. I started in 1997. I’m currently doing auto-trading with what has so far proven to be a profitable system.
Knowledgeable: Brick and mortar business. I built something cool from nothing that went viral in my area. I also have some knowledge with commercial loans.
Weak points: technological business, social skills
Interests: Drums, music. I taught drums for countless years. Trucking, technological business

LeadMaster

Banned
Jun 21, 2013
Lauren here from LeadMaster's marketing team.

I'm personally focused on social media management and branding while LeadMaster is an expert in Lead Management, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Email Marketing, Marketing Automation and more. Does your biz have a CRM system? It should! Message me if you have any questions or would like to know more about improving your company's lead nurturing strategies.

My hobbies are exploring Southern California deserts, hitting up concerts in LA and San Diego, trying unconventional foods and of course staying on top of cutting edge marketing techniques!

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Lauren here from LeadMaster's (subtle spam) team.

I'm personally focused on social media management and branding while LeadMaster really sucks at Lead Management, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Email Marketing, Marketing Automation and more spam. Does your biz have a CRM system? It should! (Send me a PM because I love spamming forums and trying to sneak it by people!)

(Insert obligatory BS to cover up/make up for the spam I just dropped)

I can teach you how to spam forums more effectively? PM me and I'll send you more info. Good try though, unfortunately this isn't the place to spam and hawk your wares Lauren.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
I can teach you how to spam forums more effectively? PM me and I'll send you more info. Good try though, unfortunately this isn't the place to spam and hawk your wares Lauren.

In all fairness she posted it in a thread called "What's your area of expertise"

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Mike for moderator :D

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
"Expertise"/University major: Mechanical engineering, research (of any kind), perseverance

Knowledgeable: Auto and marine detailing, automotive maintenance, two-stroke engine building and repair, home audio/video setup and calibration, cleaning and organizing, communication, saving money

Hobbies & Interests: Fastlane business, social dynamics, tinkering and restoration; weightlifting, health, and fitness; cycling, fishing...the great outdoors...

Weaknesses: Business, specifically:
finding a niche
leveraging my strengths to provide value on a large scale
finding a customer
commitment to a business idea (I tend to miss the boat)

deevan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
May 22, 2013
SF Bay Area, California
Expertise Software engineering, current manage developers (C++, Java). Experience in Enterprise content management and other enterprise software
Knowledgable: software, SEO concepts, wordpress concepts
Hobbies and Interests: Improving my weaknesses, natural health,
Business interests Import and export, real estate, software, product innovation (I know this is not focused)
Weaknesses: impatience, lack of focus, not thinking through fully or carefully, skimming rather than reading deeply, social skills

S

stranger

Ok, seems I'm a jack of all trade. I don't have any certificates, diplomas and etc. I only have a F*ckig high school diploma which I don't remember where i keep that good-for-nothing paper.
I couldn't call me an expert, but some people call me an expert at native Russian language articles. Ok, I'm if they want it.
My knowledgable: Writting in Russian, a seller of different collectibles (it would take a very long list of collectibles that i sold), basic English, basic HTML, basic SEO, basic marketing, transleted a few books from English into Russian language, worked on 1 anti-scam website a few years ago.
I amn't 1 of those stupid guys who after reading a few books think they are experts.
My interests: yachting, chess, poker, reading, war history, zen, boxing, rugby, soccer and other.

Koen_88

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 6, 2017
Netherlands

Expertise:
Bachelor of Mechanical engineering,

Knowledgeable: 3D Cad Software, detailing and drawing for manufacturers, Writing music for wind instruments and bands, saxophones,

Hobbies & Interests: Sports: Fitness, Tennis, Bootcamp, voluntary youth work (a bit like a scoutleader), Playing Saxophone, Band leader, gaming, Drinking with friends on weekends, and finding a way to start a business to get more freedom and control after reading TMF ;-).

Weaknesses: feeling too sorry for myself, not taking (correct) action - sometimes i do something else to avoid what I actually have to do-
Finding sense of focus in life, taking on more than I can handle.

edit- nice thread

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.