The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's the Point of Landing Page Copy?

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Hey all!

Working on a landing page for my Afrikaans project - and I feel a bit lost.

I've been paying a lot of attention to the posts around here from @Andy Black. Really good stuff.

So the way that I understand it is like this.

-

I have the single best solution for learning Afrikaans.

Bill wants to learn Afrikaans.

Bill searches "learn Afrikaans" (ST)

My SEM Ad says "Learn Afrikaans - Get Your First Lesson Free" (AD)

My landing page says "Learn Afrikaans with Sangria Languages - Try your first free lesson below!" (LP).

-

Bill proceeds to try his first lesson. Likes it. And sees an option to pre-order the full course.

If Bill wants to learn Afrikaans, and believes my product is the best way to accomplish that, Bill will pre-order the course.

-

What then is the goal of having any copy on my site?

Is the goal to convince Bill that my product is the best? Does the trial not already accomplish that?

Is the goal to tell a story? If so - what story and why?

Is the goal to boost SEO?

What's the point, rather, the goal of having copy on a landing page?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
First, good job on understanding and applying the knowledge from Andy's posts!

//I haven't worked on LP Copy yet, so these are just my thoughts//

Bill reads the title and is happy that he is on the right site - he does not know you or the course though.

He then reads three bullet points, your USP, the benefits or the best description of the product.

"Lean in 2 month - Learn from native speakers - learn whenever you want" for example.

He likes those points as well.

Below that comes texts to clear his doubt and answer his questions - to convince him to buy.

Maybe 3 short texts explaining each bulletpoint.
How can he learn so fast? How does the learning process look like?
Who teaches him? Maybe a short bit about the teacher?
How can he learn where ever he goes? Can he download the curse?
Or a clean graphic explaining what he will learn in the free bit, how he will do it and what he will be able to communicate afterwards.

Whatever is neccessary for him to decide on buying or not buying when reaching the bottom of the page. Make it easy for him to decide (in your favor)

You are talking about a free download, so I would guess it does not take that much.

I hope I was able to help you a bit with those thoughts!

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
First, good job on understanding and applying the knowledge from Andy's posts!

//I haven't worked on LP Copy yet, so these are just my thoughts//

Bill reads the title and is happy that he is on the right site - he does not know you or the course though.

He then reads three bullet points, your USP, the benefits or the best description of the product.

"Lean in 2 month - Learn from native speakers - learn whenever you want" for example.

He likes those points as well.

Below that comes texts to clear his doubt and answer his questions - to convince him to buy.

Maybe 3 short texts explaining each bulletpoint.
How can he learn so fast? How does the learning process look like?
Who teaches him? Maybe a short bit about the teacher?
How can he learn where ever he goes? Can he download the curse?
Or a clean graphic explaining what he will learn in the free bit, how he will do it and what he will be able to communicate afterwards.

Whatever is neccessary for him to decide on buying or not buying when reaching the bottom of the page. Make it easy for him to decide (in your favor)

You are talking about a free download, so I would guess it does not take that much.

I hope I was able to help you a bit with those thoughts!

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk
Danke für deine Antwort!

I'll play around with this idea a bit and add a little "die antwoord" column :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.