The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's the moving/relocation business like?

Warrior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 28, 2012
So far it seems very fragmented. I read that it was hit hard during recessionary periods.

I have an idea in mind related to this business but I'd like to learn more about this industry first.

For example, how do people select their movers ( i think it's mostly through referrals), what's the search volume online (the

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
What's the moving/relocation business like?

what's the search volume online

What are some high volume service businesses?

Any other ideas for a high volume business? Would be useful for everyone to have a reference list to go with.

Hi Warrior, fyi, your responses on any topic may be limited if the forum concludes that you are asking other people to do your info/data collection for you.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
So far it seems very fragmented. I read that it was hit hard during recessionary periods.

I have an idea in mind related to this business but I'd like to learn more about this industry first.

For example, how do people select their movers ( i think it's mostly through referrals), what's the search volume online (the

I do not know your idea or anything about the moving business, but I can tell you we literally made over 1000 phone calls to make sure my deal had legs. So my advice is to pick up the phone, call a few moving companies, talk to the owner go over and sit down with them and ask.

They will not bite and who knows might invest, etc..

Also, do not worry about them stealing your idea, cause they wont.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Warrior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 28, 2012
Hi Warrior, fyi, your responses on any topic may be limited if the forum concludes that you are asking other people to do your info/data collection for you.

Actually I did do the research before posting on this forum. Perhaps my keywords werent right...

I do not know your idea or anything about the moving business, but I can tell you we literally made over 1000 phone calls to make sure my deal had legs. So my advice is to pick up the phone, call a few moving companies, talk to the owner go over and sit down with them and ask.

They will not bite and who knows might invest, etc..

Also, do not worry about them stealing your idea, cause they wont.

Yes, I'd need to call to set appointments.

What percentage commission should I charge them? I looked around at a similar business model in the US and it charges 13% commission. Should I go with this to start with and make it negotiable?

My first step is to 1) build a dummy site, 2) drive traffic to see what's the demand and if it's good then 3) I'll cold approach moving companies

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.