The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

What's the MOST amount of money that you've made in a day? (With Your Business)

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Oct 6, 2016
NC
--Whats the most amount of money you made in sales, in 1 day?
- What industry are you in?

$4k ($4,014.86) to be exact
Dietary supplement industry

This was back in May. A popular podcast ran an advertisement for my product. I recouped my investment ($2k) in less than 24 hrs.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Kevin88660

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

This was back in May. A popular podcast ran an advertisement for my product. I recouped my investment ($2k) in less than 24 hrs.

38k sales commission. Took me one year of follow up.

Signing of documents and collecting cheque payment took 30 minutes.

I am in financial sales.

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
There are certain industries that will inflate this number. As an example, large construction equipment sales. You might only sell a few a year, but they can bring $50k+. Another might be jet plane sales. A single sale could yield an even higher number, easily.

My personal best is about $67k.

I like making $2k/day better than $67k here and there, though. Stability, man.

Kevin88660

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
There are certain industries that will inflate this number. As an example, large construction equipment sales. You might only sell a few a year, but they can bring $50k+. Another might be jet plane sales. A single sale could yield an even higher number, easily.

Senior Managing director in MNC in their 50s who make 300k a year would be one step closer to what you call “2k a year”. But eventually one has to look in slow lane for stability.

I am afraid business by nature is highly unstable. You can have multiple streams of income to stabilize it to a certain extent only.

Kevin88660

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

If you can improve from hitting the big case every six month to every three month, and eventually to once every month, its a form of improvement that is very powerful.

Selling big ticket items eventually will be more worth the money on the effort if you can stomach the adjustment phase where it seems to take forever to get that deal.

Valor

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jan 1, 2014
Pennsylvania
Mine was around $27k. Ran a buy one get one free sale.
Assuming this was on Amazon? Would you say it was worth it, and would you do it again? That's one promo I haven't experimented with yet.

Also, mine was a little under $6k less than a week ago. Obviously looking to top this several times in the next month, as I'm sure all of us will be hitting new all-time highs soon too.

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
“2k a year”
I said $2k/day. As in, per diem.​

When I first hit $500/day, it was actually pretty life changing paying off debts in a matter of months. I continued to live a very lowly lifestyle for as long as possible and just put everything towards debts. Paying the last loan off was... kind of surreal, honestly.

When I hit $1k/day, it was a complete shift in mindset where money became a tool. I went from thinking about scarcity and just "hanging on" to "how do I turn this into another $1k/day as fast as possible" mentality.

When I hit $2k/day, I actually started stressing about taxes quite a bit more, but money was, overall, kind of numbing day-to-day. It felt almost obsolete, and the daily goal meant little compared to the "big win" to become secure for a lifetime.

On some days, I've surpassed $3k/day and it feels just like $2k/day but bigger.

But here's the interesting thing...
Back when I had the one big paycheck of $67k in a month, it felt semi-useless. This is for three reasons, that I can think of:
  1. I had no idea when the next one was coming​
  2. I had every dollar ear marked towards bills, debts, and "winter months"​
  3. The security it granted really was false and evaporated in about two weeks​

Benji90

Contributor
Nov 3, 2019

When I first hit $500/day, it was actually pretty life changing paying off debts in a matter of months. I continued to live a very lowly lifestyle for as long as possible and just put everything towards debts. Paying the last loan off was... kind of surreal, honestly.

When I hit $1k/day, it was a complete shift in mindset where money became a tool. I went from thinking about scarcity and just "hanging on" to "how do I turn this into another $1k/day as fast as possible" mentality.

When I hit $2k/day, I actually started stressing about taxes quite a bit more, but money was, overall, kind of numbing day-to-day. It felt almost obsolete, and the daily goal meant little compared to the "big win" to become secure for a lifetime.

Back when I had the one big paycheck of $67k in a month, it felt semi-useless. This is for three reasons, that I can think of:
Is $2/3k a day from a job or your own business.

I'd agree with you that $500 per day would be the tipping point for me.

Congratulations by the way.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Assuming this was on Amazon? Would you say it was worth it, and would you do it again? That's one promo I haven't experimented with yet.

Also, mine was a little under $6k less than a week ago. Obviously looking to top this several times in the next month, as I'm sure all of us will be hitting new all-time highs soon too.
It was $20k on my website and $7k on amazon. the promo was from my website only.

I presold it with an email to my list 2 days before and also a bunch of Facebook posts.

I did it a second time 6 months later and did only around $19k.

Now customers are expecting it and waiting for it. So I’m not sure it’s a good thing.

I will be doing it again on Black Friday.

csalvato

Platinum Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West

My own business: around 7k.

For an employer, we ran a BOGO on gift cards on Black Friday and generated about $95k. It was fun, because normally December was their slowest month because of industry seasonality.

EDIT: Oops, just checked the reports and I originally said 450k but it was 95k LOL...big difference

Bourbons

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 28, 2016
Newcastle, UK
Senior Managing director in MNC in their 50s who make 300k a year would be one step closer to what you call “2k a year”. But eventually one has to look in slow lane for stability.

I am afraid business by nature is highly unstable. You can have multiple streams of income to stabilize it to a certain extent only.
Wah? That slowlane stability is provided by a company. Own it or work for it, that company has to be stable for a stable wage.

Kevin88660

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

What business do you own that gives more or less consistent flow of 2k a day?

Usually the variance of a highly profitable company can be quite big. For example a construction/engineering company could be 4-15 million a year, because there is uncertainty on whether they can get the big projects they are bidding for and whether the Actual cost of the project is close to their projection.

GPM

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
There is a big difference between what you "make" and what you "sell".

But yes, the goal of all this is upward trajectory on both of those numbers

IlseVdG

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 28, 2019
Belgium
1000 EUR for a freelance acting job (commercial)
I know, that's not a real business,
I know, that was not the question...
I know! I'm working on it!
:)

PizzaOnTheRoof

1,000 Miles To Go
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

And you get a job working for what?...

A business.

If business is inherently unstable then so is a job.

Businesses or industries can be unstable, but not “business” as a whole.

You know what is stable? Owning your own means of production, whatever that is.

Last edited:

SD Entrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Jul 12, 2019
San Diego, CA

My largest invoice was for over 400k! Obviously we didn't net that but it was still a great deal for our company... hopefully another similar large deal will come again soon...

Ing

Bronze Contributor
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Nice numbers now and than.
In my job, I m happy to have days of 1000€ a day,

but working some months to get 50000 for it on a day doesn t mean you made 50 k in one day, it only means, you have one bill with one date in one day.

my best day in a business was about 1200 euros selling sausages on my own flea market Plus this flea market

edith: deleted, of topic!

Last edited:

CareCPA

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
Maybe I'll wait until the end of tax season this year and send out all my invoices on the same day...

broswoodwork

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2015
I've sold a few houses. Do those count as a single day though? If so, $47,000.

I got a $7,500 commission check once for finding an environmental systems engineer for the Spaceship Co, but that was as an employee.

For an actual repeatable process, that was 100% my own, my best day was $2,260. I'm most proud of this one. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom