The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What would you tell your 18 or 25 year old self?

Gary Weber

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
340%
May 2, 2018
Oregon
Here's what I would say to my 25-year-old self:

Gary, don't spend the next 24 years in a software engineering job, believing you'll retire rich. Don't spend the next 24 years being envious of the freedom your father has as a business owner, and then reflect back with regret that you didn't follow in his footsteps. Find a way to venture out on your own going into business for yourself. Do it now while you're young.

Stop letting the fear of failure cripple your ability to execute, and instead realize failure is the fastest way to learn the lessons you need to succeed. When you don't feel like doing it, do it anyway. When you let things get in the way of your motivation, imagine lying down on a set of train tracks and hearing a train coming, and realize what motivation actually is.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andrewjgong

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 24, 2018
Fresno
This is what I would say:

Hey Andrew, you're turning 26 a month and a week from now. You've done a great lot of nothing your first year, and now you're doing a ton this year. But now you have to keep up with the work. You have a serious girlfriend that might be your wife in the near future, and you can't keep making money like you're a college bachelor anymore. The work is tiring, but if you keep going at it you will be able to outsource it completely. But, you have to do the work first.

Spend as much time with your grandparents as you can, for they're most likely going to pass within the next few years due to age and Parkinson's. There's no going back to grandpa for business advice, and you've already missed your chance to play tennis with grandma now that she's wheelchair-bound and depressed. Visit them at least once a month, if not every other month.

You're at an all-time low with your bank account, all because it's tied up in inventory you need to prep and ship out soon. Don't worry about sourcing for the time being, get your a$$ in the garage and start prepping and shipping out the goods today.

You got this. I believe in you. Do it for family, do it for your girlfriend, do it for yourself. You're still young so you can afford to make mistakes, but don't make them purposefully anymore.

Roveso

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 3, 2018
Great thread! this is what I would say to myself:

1. Don't stop working out
2. Read MORE about business and self-improvement (even guru's stuff, so you don't fall for them later)
3. Party less.
4. You don't need more experience in a 9-5 job to be working by yourself.
5. Depression can be cured as any other disease -just go to the doctor.

And to all the members younger than that: you are so lucky to have found this forum, MFL and Unscripted so early!

theresgot2bemore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 20, 2016
Anywhere w/freedom
Alot... so much but unfortunately some offline since we live in very different times. Hell if I could I'd tell myself in 2003, when I was starting high school as a freshman, what to focus on to save time and join the Fastlane much earlier.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Individual life experiences may vary: Obvious, but some won't get it. Get this through your head early so you start analyzing who is who early on. It is easier than you think if you know where to look.

Not everyone wants to know or hear the truth: Instead play to people's fantasies when you're around Sidewalkers and Slowlaners (S&S). It saves you time and prevents you from creating your own pitchfork mob with S&S. Sure it is the early 2000's when you can be objective and expressive about truths but there will come a time in fall 2011 when this will change because too many questioned what they were told.

Because of this change be sure to hang out with only Fastlaners and expressive, positive, gung ho types now. The most dangerous types of people, both online and offline, are those who will present themselves as the most sanitized version of themselves, go figure.

Things are by design: There are people who will price themselves out of an entire state, move to new ones, and ask for the same treatment that priced them out of their home state. Best of all - they will never admit they were wrong. It is by design because it plays upon standard human nature. Infuriating it may be to deal with but it is by design. It is only a small part of how control is established in our society. There is money to be made in this sort of thing and it is through an obvious source and 100% legal. Don't worry about this if, for example, they move into your state. It requires you to think of the big picture if you want to know why that is. To understand more you have to study more about what's going on behind the scenes.

Associate with Fastlane folks early on: You should pride yourself on choosing to associate with a Fastlane kid from Key Biscayne. Notice the hate and insecurities from S&S when they talk about his kind because you're getting real life education on the difference between the successful and unsuccessful. All the awesome times and fine points you'll learn from being around Fastlane will be amazing so enjoy it. Realize that you are getting exposed to something 99% will not. Going to Alice town on a weekend just because and a whole bunch of awesome things you'll get to do are things the Fastlane offers. Notice how awesome you feel separated from S&S when staying at the Key and notice the feelings of negativity when you cross over the Rickenbacker back into the city.

While you are being shown how things are run in "The Key" talk more to the friends of your friend to create a Fastlane network early on. Also note if you have to pry someone open like a coconut to get them to talk about their background you're dealing with a S or S, period. The Fastlaners love to talk about their success as long as you're in the same clubs they are or connected to them by another Fastlaner. It is by design because of negative experiences they've had in the past. Even if you aren't in a club like they are pay attention to how people talk it is very telling.

Golf: Jump on the chance to join the golf club at school. There is a subtle air of old money emanating within the club so ensure you make the right connections there. In the real world this, among many others, is what the top folks do in their spare time as cliche as it is. This is the start of learning the connections ropes.

Question everything: Don't listen to the S&S talk about business. Also, don't believe the bs smearing of the word entrepreneur with dealing - it's a MIA thing. You'll save alot of time and face palming by not listening to most people who think you are dealing by focusing on being an entrepreneur. You're going to be a entrepreneur anyways!

On that note - sales is not a dirty word! You still have to sell to people eventually in one way or another so get used to it.

Cherish the fact you're being exposed to business early: Your early business experience is due to your Fastlane friend. His shirt company outlines all the mistakes you read in MLF. While you may not value it now you are learning what not to do. The business will not go anywhere due to a ton of mistakes but hey how awesome is it to not have to worry about funding since he offered it! Learn from this and your friend's marketing father because there will be strife between them later on unfortunately. Also start searching up resources like how to become a Fastlaner so you start getting ideas of your own and stumble upon FLF early on.

Question your beliefs: MJ use is not a moral issue it's a money issue. Don't ruin your friendship with your friend because you let slowlane family pollute your mind that MJ is bad. There will be a drastic movement to change the law and tons of money to be made from it. Start looking up north later on for states with more relaxed attitudes towards MJ use so you capitalize on it once you graduate.

Don't waste your time: If you decide to hang on to S&S friends you are going to waste 15 years of your life. There is so much negativity in those two areas that just isn't seen as much in the Fastlane area. Focus your time and efforts instead on Fastlane types only. You won't have to deal with the negativity and betrayal from S&S folks. You'll learn in time Fastlaners are better by default because of many reasons. So keep your eyes on the prize - Fastlane success.

Video games: In the early 2000's they waste time but around 2010 or so getting paid to play will start to become a thing. Cash in on it early on and create a following. Getting paid to be entertaining, and entertaining yourself, will become one sweet deal. Create an entertaining persona to capitalize on this.

If you're going to try out for Spec Ops do it as a personal test: It is preferable to do this sort of thing when you're financially set and when you're young. Save yourself the time, and pain, from quitting due to your familial problems and having to nip that in the bud by doing it early on if you decide to pursue it. The people in those areas are awesome and it is a great environment but you have to earn it. If you don't you'll wake up every day with your middle back aching due to ruck runs down 8th Street.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still sucks to think of the time I've lost that can never be gained back. However, I do know what to do and where to focus so I don't repeat those same mistakes again.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Made a video on the subject!

Fotis

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Feb 26, 2014
* Don't spend hours upon hours reading rationality, critical thinking and philosophy books. Invest your time in marketing and selling material

* Ask N for an open relationship with N and begin dating other girls. Get as much sex as possible

* Ignore the Greek market (violation of Scale) and go for the world

* Build an email list and learn how to talk with your audience

* Don't try to educate or give advice to people (especially friends)

* Money is attracted to speed, not your vague idea of perfection

* Stop pirating stuff. Cheapstakes attract cheapstakes.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Not sure if I answered this but I have 2 answers. I couldn't tell my 25 year old self to do anything different or else I wouldn't be where I am today. Yes, I went through HELL but now I live in HEAVEN! If I changed just 1 thing, it might screw it all up.

Now if I could tell me something that wouldn't change a thing.... have sex with everyone that you had the chance to but didn't and stay away from Lisa!

Magica

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 28, 2018
Not sure if I answered this but I have 2 answers. I couldn't tell my 25 year old self to do anything different or else I wouldn't be where I am today. Yes, I went through HELL but now I live in HEAVEN! If I changed just 1 thing, it might screw it all up.
Thanks for saying this! This topic becomes somehow intimidating to me who has made so many mistakes arriving on my 26th year alive. I guess getting depressed about it won't change a thing, and I should focus on making less in the future.

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 27, 2016
- Create an alternative source of income instead of chasing girls
- Try to move away from Germany. It is not you, it is just that nobody is into adventures here.

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 27, 2016

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
The average human life span is 70.(This is the average globally. It's about 80 in developed nations) 25 is 1/3 of that. That means you only have 2/3 of life left. Better not waste that 2/3 because you might be gone before you know it.

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 27, 2016
Why do people think this is an either/or? Stop limiting yourself. "Oh I don't have time" That is such bulls**t!

View attachment 21223

I never said I didn’t have time, or these things are mutually exclusive. I am, in fact, doing both now.

I said I didn’t focus at that time on earning money, that’s all. When I was 25, I used to think that my dayjob is enough.

There are so many “mindset police” in this forum really. The vigilance is annoying.

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Tough one ... I considered:

1.) Follow tech trends and read Manning books.

2.) Your employer will not change. Quit when you realize that Leadership and Management suck.

... but think there is probably a better answer.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018

Now if I could tell me something that wouldn't change a thing.... have sex with everyone that you had the chance to but didn't and stay away from Lisa!
This. The amount of hidden sign from hot girls that I passed up is embarrassing.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Unwire all the bullshit people have told you. Hang out with people with high self esteem that believe anything is Possible with hard work and smart luck. Honestly you are kicking a$$ so far. Keep it going.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Why do people think this is an either/or? Stop limiting yourself. "Oh I don't have time" That is such bulls**t!

View attachment 21223

the problem with chasing girls is that people fall victim of marriage and all the problems that go with it

your next moves are thus limited. and your life as well

this is not jsut BS out of my mind

a lot of authors talk about that trap of chasing girls and becoming a slave of sex and so on

the best advices i found are from Stuart Goldsmith material ( marriage trap )

st.jpg

and from teachings of ancient Masters in Hilton Hotema books ( sexual energy )

for example : the great red dragon

this is a metaphor for sexual energy

we have to transmute sexual energy into a superior power of achievement

instead of wasting it chasing girls .

so the best advice for 25 years old guys : don't focus too much on getting laid , chasing all the girls of the town

this is a trap

hilton.jpg

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
the problem with chasing girls is that people fall victim of marriage and all the problems that go with it

your next moves are thus limited. and your life as well

this is not jsut BS out of my mind

a lot of authors talk about that trap of chasing girls and becoming a slave of sex and so on

the best advices i found are from Stuart Goldsmith material ( marriage trap )

View attachment 21783

and from teachings of ancient Masters in Hilton Hotema books ( sexual energy )

for example : the great red dragon

this is a metaphor for sexual energy

we have to transmute sexual energy into a superior power of achievement

instead of wasting it chasing girls .

so the best advice for 25 years old guys : don't focus too much on getting laid , chasing all the girls of the town

this is a trap

View attachment 21782
Honestly, dating beautiful women and feeling their presence from time to time is very healing from all the fighting we do to get the life we want. Always enjoy staring into a gorgeous girls eyes and taking the time to appreciate her. I do agree that having sex with mediocre girls can completely ruin your life in ways you can't imagine.

Neo_8524

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 9, 2018
Philadelphia Pa
Honestly, dating beautiful women and feeling their presence from time to time is very healing from all the fighting we do to get the life we want. Always enjoy staring into a gorgeous girls eyes and taking the time to appreciate her. I do agree that having sex with mediocre girls can completely ruin your life in ways you can't imagine.
Yes, this is indeed true. The issue is the trade off of losing your sexual energy. If you dont transmute your energy into higher ideals, and raise the kundalini energy, you are wasting your potential as a man, which is the point being made.

So heres the question, do I focus on girls, chasing poon, busting nuts and waste energy? Or do I conserve my sexual energy, raise the kundalini, and use this precious energy on my goals and building for my future? I doubt many are practitioners of tantra and multiple orgasms, so this is an easy choice.

Notice, I never said dont get girls and go all MGTOW. No..still have girls in your life. But deal with them in moderation and let them come to you.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Yes, this is indeed true. The issue is the trade off of losing your sexual energy. If you dont transmute your energy into higher ideals, and raise the kundalini energy, you are wasting your potential as a man, which is the point being made.

So heres the question, do I focus on girls, chasing poon, busting nuts and waste energy? Or do I conserve my sexual energy, raise the kundalini, and use this precious energy on my goals and building for my future? I doubt many are practitioners of tantra and multiple orgasms, so this is an easy choice.

Notice, I never said dont get girls and go all MGTOW. No..still have girls in your life. But deal with them in moderation and let them come to you.
Sexual transmutation is very real IMO. It does sound woo woo but semen is LIFE energy. It is literally used to create LIFE. To say that saving that doesn't have an effect on your creative ability is insane (to me).

Me personally, I love women. High quality women with great feminine energy is muse to the masculine soul. It is like having a glass of cold ice water after a long hard day at work in the sun. Mediocre girls that are into drugs, partying, and generally into low quality activities like instagram, validation seeking is like having a big mac after a hard day of work. Yeah it is energy, but it is just adding fat to your life with no benefit.

As much as society hypes up sex, it should be a special thing. I would rather have sex once in a while with a great great girl than have a lot of sex with a bunch of mediocre girls. I have had sex with girls who were mediocre and my body felt weird and toxic afterwards. I kept doing it because society said that to be a "man" you need to have a lot of sex. So I ignored the signs. It wasn't until I sat with myself and became more "unplugged" where I said that is BS.

Your body is a temple, treat it as so. Only let the highest quality of people in your energy field. (btw I am not into the woo woo stuff at all but the subject of sexuality is something i am VERY passionate about and believe spirituality and sexuality are one in the same, but that is a post for another day :D)

Neo_8524

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 9, 2018
Philadelphia Pa
Sexual transmutation is very real IMO. It does sound woo woo but semen is LIFE energy. It is literally used to create LIFE. To say that saving that doesn't have an effect on your creative ability is insane (to me).

Me personally, I love women. High quality women with great feminine energy is muse to the masculine soul. It is like having a glass of cold ice water after a long hard day at work in the sun. Mediocre girls that are into drugs, partying, and generally into low quality activities like instagram, validation seeking is like having a big mac after a hard day of work. Yeah it is energy, but it is just adding fat to your life with no benefit.

As much as society hypes up sex, it should be a special thing. I would rather have sex once in a while with a great great girl than have a lot of sex with a bunch of mediocre girls. I have had sex with girls who were mediocre and my body felt weird and toxic afterwards. I kept doing it because society said that to be a "man" you need to have a lot of sex. So I ignored the signs. It wasn't until I sat with myself and became more "unplugged" where I said that is BS.

Your body is a temple, treat it as so. Only let the highest quality of people in your energy field. (btw I am not into the woo woo stuff at all but the subject of sexuality is something i am VERY passionate about and believe spirituality and sexuality are one in the same, but that is a post for another day :D)
yes my friend..you get it. With the rise of feminism, social conditioning and manipulation, finding a quality girl worth the time and energy is harder than before. Glad to see you GET IT. Mature. Society wants this. A man not in control of his sexual urges is a man easier to control. Giving up semen ruins THE WILL ( Outwitting the devil by napoleon hill). Hence the rise in americas sexual obsession and PORN which ruins MEN. Sexual immorality is a no no. You cant let people ruin your AURA..protect your field as sex is a serious act!

As far as the woo woo thing, its ok, social conditioning is a mfer. We been conditioned to neglect the spiritual and our souls. The cult of scientism has humans trapped in these materialism ideals. "if you cant measure it, see it"...welp..I guess it isnt true. Cue the insults of truth such as woo woo. But thankfully, you have an open mind and you get it my friend.

The cult of scientism is the new religion, another form of control by the elite. We have people neglecting their own intuition, souls, and the god within because an outsider says something isnt true, that you KNOW to be true. A society of calcified pineal glands and spiritually dead people..yup..the matrix has you.

Somewhere someone is reading this and calling me crazy. But of course the fish is confused by the actions of the eagles. But Okay, let me be logical and straight to the point of what I mean......

“I never allow myself to have an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do.” - Charlie munger

For those who think what I say is crazy and ignorance..ironically enough as you judge from a place of ignorance. Human nature is a funny thing..as we must remember we arent rational beings. Emotion first..than logic.

*cues cognitive dissonance*.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.