The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What will you accomplish in 2020? <-- Well did u?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
Get married!!! woohoo! We've been dating for 8 years, and there were reasons, but finally, we're getting married in the spring!

In other realms:
- learn programming to expand skills
- take on enough clients as an independent sales rep in my industry that I don't need a standard j-o-b
- save up $2000 to test the industry marketplace idea
- visit my Dad
- write little books to sell on Amazon
- create SAR obstacle course training
- start the hill garden (3 year project)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MrLynn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 29, 2019
What I WILL accomplish in 2020:

I will Get my online Nutrition coaching business up to 5k recurring a month
I will attend 3 seminars regarding entrepreneurship!

KeepGoin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Mar 17, 2016
My goal is to get my newest blog/youtube channel up to a number I've set for myself.
100 youtube videos / 300k words of content
currently at 46k words of content and 22 youtube videos as of today.

Secondly, fitness. Continue going to the gym 3x a week.

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
Make at least $20,000/month in PROFITS from the sum total of my online ventures by December 31, 2020.

Rwill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Sep 9, 2019
canada
Owner/Operator of my company. This December I moved from project manager to full time office work. This year the goal is to move to owner/investor and not have to spend much time at my company if I don't have to (but I will )
To do that is as follows

1. Create job descriptions for every position, right down to lead hand. Then its clear to everyone what's expected and I can reward good performance and correct sub par.
2. Complete our website directed at the clients I'm trying to attain
3. Organize the reporting from the bookkeeper so I can monitor trends weekly not quarterly
4. Organize the reporting from project managers so I can monitor project progress and so can the managers
5. Buy new building to house our operations, not spread between 3 locations as currently

More to come, but these are the building blocks

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
For my 2020 goals, I'll just set them according to my 2019 learnings (successes and failures):

1. Aim for five-figs in freelance income, with at least 2 recurring clients.
But the recurring clients should contribute to cashflow for 2 months at least

I haven't fixed upon a LTV or average monthly rate from them yet, as I'm still testing out markets to sell to.

2.Once freelancing income has been settled, either start the official Fastlane business, or get proof of concept validated. Fields of interest are logistics, utilities and physical products.

3. Build a $10k investing portfolio- with focus on dividend investing strategy, but some positions in hard assets, REITs and bonds (maybe higher than BBB-rating generally ...was reading a recent report that was proclaiming financial doomsday again lol) .

Parents have been needling me to 'invest', and I used to think I should just go all into entrepreneurship...but I would leave no room to learn how to keep earnings, if any. They've given me some dough for it (I didn't ask), but I'll keep it separate from Fastlane capital.

Presently I've some dough in mutual funds (yeah, laugh at me folks...), but only because that was my parents' first pick. Their volatility and returns are so-so, and I only put dough there because bank savings returns are null now....but I need to read more about what basket of firms that the mutual funds I'm investing in are.

I don't have an expected earnings percent to reach for yet, or a preparation plan for X% in portfolio value drop, should SHTF really happens with the stock market bubble...my focus now is to find and analyse 10-20 good companies for the portfolio.

To educate myself more properly on this, I need to read 2-3 classic books on finance (James Altucher has a good list, and some eye-opening principles on investing and finance here:The Most Important Article I’ll Ever Write About Investing - James Altucher)

4. Upkeep my habits in @458's habits tracker thread.
Go to the link below, and my habit metrics on watch are as specific as can be.

Links to my progress:

Last edited:

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
I don't have an expected earnings percent to reach for yet, or a preparation plan for X% in portfolio value drop, should SHTF really happens with the stock market bubble...my focus now is to find and analyse 10-20 good companies for the portfolio.
I'm not an expert at the topic, but many people agree that we might be close to a bubble burst, as the stock markets have been going up for a long time. This might be the best time to learn how to invest.

Parents have been needling me to 'invest', and I used to think I should just go all into entrepreneurship...but I would leave no room to learn how to keep earnings, if any.

I feel exactly the same at the moment. I used to read books on investing, but then you need real practice, even if it's just paper trading. The days are just so long, combined with entrepreneurship, exercise, work, and cooking, it's very difficult to fit more in.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I'm not an expert at the topic, but many people agree that we might be close to a bubble burst, as the stock markets have been going up for a long time. This might be the best time to learn how to invest.

I feel exactly the same at the moment. I used to read books on investing, but then you need real practice, even if it's just paper trading. The days are just so long, combined with entrepreneurship, exercise, work, and cooking, it's very difficult to fit more in.
Agreed with all you said.

My current majors in university, finance and business analytics were tough, but pairing up their basic concepts with today’s problems in the finance system, and it’s a treasure trove of education indeed.

And yes, practice is needed, especially to see how an instrument performs across a time period, or whether my buy/sell limit orders are legit.

To solve the lack of time issue, some steps that come to mind are not to chase after fat returns blindly, like the traders do, and curating my research info to be from decent sources.

my expected portfolio return should be very conservative, once I settle things out.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
And yes, practice is needed, especially to see how an instrument performs across a time period, or whether my buy/sell limit orders are legit.

One thing I found really interesting was Demo/Virtual accounts, to trade without spending real money. It's tricky, because you don't have the same psychology behind compared to putting your credit card, but as long as you make it as close as possible, it can be a good way to practise without throwing too much money away, at least for a few weeks/months. Then, finding a platform that allows low investments can be the next step. I might go back to the basics and use virtual portfolios, as I made some money trading (with stocks), but lost money as well (with cryptos).

PeterK

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 1, 2019
London
Health:
1) Yoga - Regular sessions at least 3 times a week with my wife + small mini sessions on other days.
I already have a list of YT videos to try out and had 2 sessions last week.
2) More veggies :)
3) 0 alcohol compared to 5 beers in 2019
4) 0 soda compared to way too much in 2019.

Wealth:
1) Progressively move from freelance development to extension development.
- Reduce the time on site with clients (already in progress).
- Look for fully remote projects in future.
- Dedicate 1 day a week just for the work on extensions.
- Update tooling to work more efficiently

2) Create a mini course related to one of the aspects of the dev work I'm doing.
- Learn some basics of video editing (software already chosen).
3) Better personal marketing by sharing blog posts and open source contribution. Yes I love coding :).
4) Better investment education.

Lifestyle/Hobbies:
1) Introduce weekly meal planner + cook more with my wife
2) Schedule more things - side projects, hobbies
3) Dedicated time for a guitar - fully learn one solo I have in mind. (quite challenging).
4) Decide when to move back to Poland from UK (mid or the end of 2020).
5) Read 15 books next year compared to 11.5 this year - hard top cap as I want to focus more on creation.

30 min till new year (here)!

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
  1. Run a half-marathon on June 16th
  2. Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
  3. Incorporate my first business
  4. Make $10,000 gross profit with said business by end of June
  5. Become fluent in Vietnamese

EricFromCanada

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 19, 2017
Canada
1. Help serve 50 organizations through my enterprise training software business.
2. Develop a habit of completing a minimum of 5 critical tasks per day for my business.
3 Develop a habit of reading 30 minutes per day.

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
I have 6 pages worth of goals for 2020 :).

I will cover my main business goals below. I will be holding down a full time job while accomplishing the below. When I get this off the ground properly, I can scale it pretty well, currently all I have is the LLC registered and some plans but 2020 is the year I hit this with all the force I can generate.

GoalCurrent:Succes MeasureEOY Met?
Get 5 revenue producing recurring clients for my software Consulting Company05 revenue recurring client
Have my software consulting company solutions producing 20K Net Profit020K Net Profit
Make 15K profit using side hustles, such as Craigslist flipping, consulting.NA15K Net Profit

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Open a third B&M store.
Create 15 more private branded products in my mfg biz.

Give away $100k to some causes I feel strongly about.

Thinking more.

Working less.

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
I have a few more in mind but as of now that is a must - 10k/mo. income
If I had only this my life would change dramatically

ramonorencio

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Jun 6, 2015
Lose 40 pounds, and break 100k this year. Happy new year MJ!

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
20.000$ in print on demand profit.

10.000 uploads to amazon kdp

min 1000 subscribers to my fb group.

Goldeneye

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 18, 2019
In 2020 I will:
1. Maintain by current forex trading by ensuring at least 1% a day and double my account every three months or better.
2. Gain a following of thirty forex mentees that I can sucessfully teach how to trade and change their lives.
3. Increase my success in property, increasing my portfolio to five rental properties by the end of 2020, thus producing financial freedom.
4. Spend time with my family and take them on holiday over the summer period.
5. To be able to quit full-time job by September, as the above will give sufficient passive income stream.
6. Improve my skills as a professional musician by getting lessons/mentorship from a world class instrumentalist.

Shamira M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Feb 9, 2019
Scale my first website/blog to 30,000 sessions and apply and get accepted into Mediavine. I’m currently at 25,000.
Scale my second website /blog to 30,000 sessions and apply & get accepted into Mediavine.
Scale both of my blogs to bring in at least $1000 dollars per month. I have a friend who actually motivated me to get into Pinterest blogging who’s doing really well. She made $3000 from Mediavine last month so I know the number can go that high and even higher than that.
Scale both of my Pinterest accounts to reach 10 million monthly viewers. I’ve found that that’s the Pinterest numbers sweet spot. Driving traffic to one’s website becomes a lot more easier at that point. I scaled my first account to 3 million in a year and my second one to 700k in 2 months, so 10million is definitely happening this year.
Sell at least 500 copies of my Pinterest course.
Travel to at least 2 countries (undisclosed).
Grow my IG accounts to 10,000k. I actively took part in growing IG accounts a while back but left because it got a bit overwhelming. I feel like I have the marketing end of Pinterest down so I’m looking to get back into IG.
Sign 10 clients for Pinterest Management & Marketing.
Network more.
Make friends because I’m a true loner at heart.

Santiaggo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 2, 2018
Uruguay
By December 31st 2020, I will have:
  • Completed the 2nd year of my career, with no exams left (meaning I actually study and give it my best, contrary to what I did in 2019).
  • Reached 140kg Squat, 110kg Front Squat & 90kg Bench Press (4x8).
  • Earned $5,000 in a month through freelancing.
I also have some "secondary" goals, such as getting my driver's license, but those 3 are my main goals for this year. I also divided them based on quarters, so for example, my quarter one fitness goals are to reach a 105kg Squat, 90kg Front Squat & 75kg Bench Press (4x8).

Finally, I also added some areas for improvement (also called resolutions lol) that I want to work on during this year, such as trying to complain less (and act more), read more books, etc.

I wish all of you a happy new year, and hope you can get to accomplish the goals you've set for yourselves!

createyourpath

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 3, 2020
Australia
Hello everyone - I have just joined today but I've been lurking for quite some time and I'm dedicated on taking action this year.

By December 31st 2020, I will have:
  • Graduated University with a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) & Bachelor of Laws
  • Change job to a higher salary - currently on $59k
  • Move to Japan for 6 months
  • Earn $1,000 a month from my online blog (I started a few weeks ago)
  • Publish 180 blog posts, 24 youtube videos and one book.
I've spent the last few years daydreaming about starting and building something that is bigger than I am. Going to work frustrated that I can't take action and working towards a purpose that is unfulfilling but making excuses when I have free time.

This year I will be taking persistent action and actually getting things done. I have no idea what to do next or if I'm taking the right path but all I know is that I will be persistent and I won't give up. I have an insatiable determination to be financially independent but I know it's going to be a long hard road that will require immense patience.

Mtegha_jr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 2, 2020
I have found a pain point I want to solve in my field.
At our laboratory, all the results produced are manually entered in the spreadsheet. Any time I visit the lab I hear the same old complaints. It's tiresome.
Thanks to MJ, I know this is an opportunity.
I want to automate the data entry for them

journeyman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 18, 2017
United States
Went back and checked the 2018 declaration and was pleased to find that I achieved the vast majority of them. This year I am going to keep it a lot simpler.

- Business: The prototype is pretty much finished. Get one paying customer, improve the prototype and get more customers.
- Relationships: Working all the time has absolutely ruined my dating life and made me very lonely. Just start dating again.

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
I’m stealing my husband’s word for the year: Clarity, 20/20 Vision in 2020.

I’ve set stretch business revenue and net profit goals. I need to get clear about what I’m NOT going to do - activities I can Delete or Delegate - then find people and set up systems to make it happen. I’m breaking my business activities into quarters, with clear objectives every quarter.

I’m focused on taking good care of myself this year... mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually. I need to develop habits or schedule these activities onto my calendar: daily meditation, gym 2-3X per week, eating keto, float tank or massage every month, fasting, classes, and social activities. I’m using the “Way of Life” app to track a few important daily habits.

I realize that this post is largely personal, but I think that the healthier I am, the healthier my business will be. Happy 2020, everyone!

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
In low spirits today so I'll keep it "real"...

1) Buy my first property. Become a Landlady.

2) Sell 100 units of the product I'm making, then use the proceeds to make my first donation.

3) Sell one painting.

giphy.gif

Hi Bella, I like your drive. I wanted to ask how you were going to do these things? Have you posted a thread in "Excecute?" I had some questions:

1. Are you saving to buy your first property? Have you been pre-approved for a loan? What area is good for renting? etc
  2. Where are you selling/marketing your product?
  3. How are you planning to sell the painting? I have a friend that's a painter and may be able to give you some insight.
Best!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.