The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What will you accomplish in 2020? <-- Well did u?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Hi Bella, I like your drive. I wanted to ask how you were going to do these things? Have you posted a thread in "Excecute?" I had some questions:

1. Are you saving to buy your first property? Have you been pre-approved for a loan? What area is good for renting? etc
  2. Where are you selling/marketing your product?
  3. How are you planning to sell the painting? I have a friend that's a painter and may be able to give you some insight.
Best!

Hi yes! Go down to my signature, that's the link to my execution thread.

1. Yes I'm saving and I'm hoping to start shopping at the latest late spring, or whenever I feel comfortable with how much I have. I am waiting for that to go get a pre-approval, I don't want to waste anyone's time. But my credit, debt to income and all that jazz is pretty much ready to talk to a lender. I still don't know which neighborhood I'll choose.
2. I'll start with Insta and maybe Facebook, actually first of all probably will see if it gets funded on Kickstarter so I can pay for the first batch through pre-orders.
3. I'm not going to actively try to sell any painting, since I'm not looking to live from it nor make it a business. It's more of a wish I have... I just keep practicing and fantasize with this moment where I'll get good enough that someone will ask if they can buy a piece they like from me. My signature has my Insta too, I use it solely to upload my painting progress.

Thanks for the good vibes, have a great 2020 :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
My theme this year is Double, Diversify and Do Good.
  • I will double the revenue of my business from $1m to $2m while also increasing net profit margin from 10 % to 15 %.

• I will add at least five more brands to my product mix to depend less on our two top brands that we are reselling. I will also focus more on my own website and other platforms to have at least 20 % of total revenue outside of Amazon USA.

• I will build a school through the non-profit Pencils of Promise using $35k of the profits. This has been a dream of mine for a while, but I have either not made enough money or simply re-invested the profits to keep growing the business.

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
Not a New Year's Resolution thread, but a mere proclamation of what you will accomplish in 2020.

List one thing, or many.

Whatever you resolve to do.

Please keep your proclamation measurable!

Lose weight is not measurable, lose 50 lbs is!
Start a business is not measurable, sell X units is!

This time next year, we will bump this thread and see how things went!

Also, if you posted in this thread AND have a progress thread, please include and link to it!!

Thank you!

For me, my 2020 objective is of a personal nature, so it isn't something I'm willing to disclose here.
Help 100 people build businesses that can run without them.

amitksingh76

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 13, 2020
1) Register my first company by Feb 2020
2) Resign from my current organization by Feb 2020 (after a 20 year long corporate career with different companies, in different geographies)
3) Start my business by Mar 2020
4) Business up and running with my 100% focus and time by Jul 2020
5) By end of 2020 my business gives me the same earnings as I do today from my plush corporate job

QuikCoin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
375%
Feb 14, 2015
Wooohoooo!

First, I would like to say I participated in 2019 thread and I accomplished every single one of my goals by month 6.
I just took off all of December to plan my new year as well as get some rest and come back ready to attack.

1. I will purchases 5 more doors bringing up my rental portfolio to 7 units.
2. I am branding myself as the Pittsburgh Real Estate Investor. Through YouTube, Instagram, and a Website.
3. I will sell a minimum of 500k in total painting sales.
4. I will buy a 2-4 unit building to move into and live for free.

I also have a few personal goals that are just as important as any buisness achievements.
Let’s get it Fastlane!

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Three things
1. Get Fit Strong And Healthy
2. Start working on a Fastlane Business. Following the 10 commandments and CENTS framework
3. Money management

I won't go into detailed right now but I did write down all this goals. I included the clear vision the reasons and the why's . Me accomplishing this goals for this year and years to come are key in my new life style. This goals are going to bring a lot of new skills, information, contacts , and ever ending opportunities. I have started by cutting out the bs. I deleted social media , YouTube app, ever ending binge watching , sugars, some carbs , quit the corpate job I started just last week and go full on unscripted . I went to a economic seminar today and networked. I got invited to local chamber of commerce event tomorrow morning. I will be meeting 25 new people from different industries and different problems to solve. I started reading TMFL again and writing out keys things to look for. Im only listening to educational podcasts. I started going to the gym daily now. I limited my phone use. I actually put my self a budget and wrote down my monthly expenses. Even though I want to avoid sounding like an action faker I have to express my feelings the actions I already took. Im turning 25 this year and this is the year I gain back control of my life and start living IT. I have no other choice then to get this things done.

96wells

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 25, 2017
virginia
Since the last fastlaneforum meetup, I took a job as a financial copywriter. And really, it was the best year of my life.

But I got let go recently...

So, this year I hope I can get another job as a financial copywriter or make the freelance thing work.

As for a figure, I am aiming for a 6 figure year...

By the end of the year, I hope I can push some really good information out about the niche and brand myself. Until then, I am working on getting more experience to make sure I really know what I know.

Pavan M.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Dec 3, 2018
I believe in micro goal setting, so I want to earn my first 100 dollars online.
I have started learning web development. And started learning HTML and CSS on Codecademy and Freecodecamp. And already built 2 static web pages. After mastering HTML and CSS I will start freelancing.
I am also learning about Copywriting, But I am Stuck and Dont know where to start practicing my Copywriting Skills.
Any Suggestions Pls.

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
I have started learning web development. And started learning HTML and CSS on Codecademy and Freecodecamp. And already built 2 static web pages. After mastering HTML and CSS I will start freelancing.
I am also learning about Copywriting, But I am Stuck and Dont know where to start practicing my Copywriting Skills.
Any Suggestions Pls.
Do google ads for a local business. You dont even need to know great ad admin just copy right and google will do the hard work for you

Dopefish1337

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 12, 2017
Norway
Any Suggestions Pls.

Don't know about copywriting per se, but there's a Udemy course I highly recommend called "Build Responsive Real World Websites with HTML5 and CSS3" and it teaches a lot of things that goes into it, including copywriting, design, simple color theory etc. I've made a couple websites already using what I've learnt here :D

BTW, how does your websites look? Would you mind sharing with us?

96wells

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 25, 2017
virginia
Any Suggestions Pls.

My suggestion for you for copywriting...

Pick a niche like finance, health, relationship etc...

And compile a list of people who sell stuff in those niches into an excel file.

Subscribe to their email list and start clicking into a lot of their ads...

And then start collecting those ads, study them or hand copy them daily, and then put them in a folder.

Anyways, after a few months of studying, get out that excel list of people and contact them. Ask if they need email or promotions written...

Or launch your own funnel or product or whatever.

Another suggestion, join a course in copywriting in the niche you chose (or from a reputable person).

Get a real mentor that has a lot of clients. Do your due diligence (interview some students). This may be a bit expensive but it could be worth it if you're serious and if the mentor is legit.

Sometimes you can also directly ask the copywriter if you can just work under him. If you know "x" is super good in that niche, it costs you nothing to ask for tips or to do research for him or her...

There are a lot of ways to learn to copywriting, but it may take a while. Also, when I say mentor I don't just mean an udemy course. You can start there but I often find it somewhat... lacking...

In my experience, the best bang for your buck is to slowly become obsessed with studying what your competition is doing and collecting things etc... instead of just learning some principles...

Also if you're going to learn copywriting, there is one book you absolutely must get: breakthrough advertising...although people say it's an advanced book, it's... well it's absolutely necessary. There might be new books that explain some principles in this book and adapted it to modern times... but really... I don't understand how a copywriter worth his salt would neglect it.

I think one time I heard someone saying Breakthrough Advertising is overrated. Well, that was a clickbait. It's like saying sex is overrated or something...

Feel free to ask any questions. I'm not an A-lister though. Far from it.

Last edited:

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
(̶S̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶)̶ France
1) Pass my A Grades and be accepted into a prépa or post bac university.
3) On a business side, have at least 1$ in profit from any of a business and 10$ in valuation!

Good luck!!
1 and 3 done!

I guess a bump is in order!

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Generate $2,500,000 in gross revenue for 2020 by scaling up our product marketing and distribution.
Didn't reach this goal. We did however make it past $1m ARR.

$2.5m gross revenue is now the 2021 goal.

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
Hit my arbitrary business revenue and net profits goals. Meditation wasn’t as consistent. Got plenty of massages and float tank sessions. Slacked on the food and gym, but happy with where I’m at now.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
2020:
Production goals:
12 large gallery-ready paintings.
3 master workshops.

Someone liked this post, so I want to thank them for the reminder.

Due to Covid, I didn´t really take any master workshops. However, I took a 2-week online coaching with a painter I really love and he taught me some good stuff.
I almost finished 7 paintings, of which only 3 I consider gallery-worthy. I also formulated long-term principles for painting(it's now a hobby) and pivoted my strategy in Q3.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
Someone liked this post, so I want to thank them for the reminder.

Due to Covid, I didn´t really take any master workshops. However, I took a 2-week online coaching with a painter I really love and he taught me some good stuff.
I almost finished 7 paintings, of which only 3 I consider gallery-worthy. I also formulated long-term principles for painting(it's now a hobby) and pivoted my strategy in Q3.
Interesting to see that painting is now a hobby. What's your new direction?

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
Interesting to see that painting is now a hobby. What's your new direction?
The reason is that my paintings are very personal, because they attempt to capture the soul of the experience and subject.
In a way, I can only paint when I find the right subject and when the experience is authentic. It´s something hard to control.
I don`t see personal value in impersonal painting(paintings, that tell a story to convey emotions using actors....in a way it´s an illustion), which feel empty to me(in my work, not in others).
There are a lot of painters able to create impersonal paintings, which I respect. But it´s not for me.

So the way to mitigate that is to do something completely impersonal businesswise. I decided to go into UX design(got assistance for taking a course) and expand from there.
This focuses on the needs of the user and customer. So very similar to how Fox or MJ treats their business.
Designing for the customer is a common theme here.
I´ve only now being able to connect the dots....

Tossek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 5, 2019
Germany
For 2020, I wish to accomplish:

1. Marry my fiance: After 4 years, it is about time. :) Q2
2. Invest at least 25% of my income. Q4
3. Finish my certified project leader course: This is my second pillar to enable me to 1. get a job that is not linked to my technical expertise if automotive might get worse, 2. improves my working skills at my recent employer, 3. teaches me to reach goals on FL. Q2
4. Enhance my blog → rework design (Q3), connect with at least 2 other blogs (Q4), one entry per month (Q4)
5. Brainstorm suitable book topics for me, I like writing but this year I wont have time :) (Q3)
6. Make at least two advertising actions with my book to boost sells (Q1 + Q2)

Optional:

Opt1. Audiobook from my already published book if possible in Germany - there is some formally trouble with residentship within Germany and Audible. Geez, I would so like to do that, but see no posssibilty right now
All yes except of no 4. I think that I will freeze this website and concentrate more into investing. Also I am working as a substitute for this point to this as a freelancing technical advisor. Seriously not much in a whole but it is interesting and they pay me nearly 4 times more per hour as in my regular job - 200$/h ...

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
Get married!!! woohoo! We've been dating for 8 years, and there were reasons, but finally, we're getting married in the spring!

In other realms:
- learn programming to expand skills
- take on enough clients as an independent sales rep in my industry that I don't need a standard j-o-b
- save up $2000 to test the industry marketplace idea
- visit my Dad
- write little books to sell on Amazon
- create SAR obstacle course training
- start the hill garden (3 year project)
We got married! Not the wild dance party reception with 150 people, but 11 people (breaking the lockdown rules) in the backyard. My dressmaker closed her shop, so I wore a polka dot dress. I didn't marry for the wedding, anyway - I married for him.

- Decided programming is too frustrating to learn, I'll just hire a programmer when I need one.
- Closed both my consulting (zero people in my pipeline after March) and my microbusiness (clients' businesses failing worldwide). Took a 'needs must' j-o-b at Home Depot part time, to allow me time to build the basement machinery and systems of a new venture.
- saved the money! testing over the next 2 months.
- can't visit my Dad, he's in extreme lockdown in a nursing home. He tested positive for Covid, but didn't have any symptoms. 14 other people in the home died, though. He's bored out of his mind.
- still writing little books to sell, and about to hire ghostwriters to follow the recipe.
- heck, I forgot all about the SAR obstacle course! We dealt with the #AlmedaFire, as well as the usual, so it's been kind of weird, busy year.
- the garden commences! Year 2 will be all about improving yield and categories.

This is good. I'll write up my expectations for 2021, including how-to-not-die-from-Covid.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
NOTHING went like I planned... but, it was still a banner year. I never dreamed that a little virus would turn the whole world on its ear. So, I had to pivot and make a new plan -- or so I told everyone. I kind of made it all up as I went along. Something else would happen and I'd figure out a way to work it into the threads of that day. Other times, it was a nail biting, moment to moment, carnival ride. But, tomorrow is Christmas and next week we start 2021...

ALEX-P

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 14, 2016
Queensland
How well did everyone do this year?

Here's my results:

✅Hit A$10K/month with my consulting business (currently $4800)
✅Fix 1 health problem through a small operation
❌Visit my family and friends on the other side of the world
✅Learn to validate business ideas relatively fast
❌Read TFF at least one per week
❌Read at least 3 business-related books
✅Buy a new MacBook + Blackmagic eGPU Pro
✅Do gym 4 times p/w on average
✅- Make people around me happy
❌Master the flexitarian diet (started 2 weeks ago and doing great already)

Optional (depending on future business opportunities)
❌ 1 business trip to China
❌ Visit Thailand once (where I would like to live for two years in the future)

Some of the ❌ failed because of Covid.
Plus I finally started my business!!!! Not yet in the market but I will be launching in April next year!

Itzemp3

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Sep 18, 2019
Hey Everyone! Thought I would update on this thread.
In 2020, I hit my goal of making $2000 with my side hustle and got my degree.
In 2021, I’ll make $10,000pm w/ my publishing agency. I’ll also get my MBA.
Good luck to everyone

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
I will..

-grow my local Estonian business as much as possible in the next 2-3 months and then sell it (nothing to get me or you excited about - it's hard to scale here so I'm not looking for a payday. Just a small profit and selling to someone who wants to start out and have a small side income).

-work hard on my new project - same niche as the local one, but digital products. Selling worldwide. Want to get at least 10 customers in February. Would love to be profitable after 6 months and get more organic customers. Just starting this now and spending money on ads to get traction and followers. 2 clients so far, I'm happy with it.

-test new physical products I designed in the first months of 2020. I will get the samples next week and by March I should know if I should pursue it or walk away. Pretty excited about this one anyway.

-quit my job abroad in February-March and get a new one in Estonia. Will lose a lot of money with this move, but I need more time to work on business. I have savings for maybe a year at that point and if I get a new job here I don't have to use my savings. Only for business purposes maybe. I'm also getting more and more unhappy travelling all the time and I want to be home with my family.

-meet new people who are interested in entrepreneurship and self-development. Currently not a lot of people like this in my life. Hoping to meet some of the forum guys when I work in Oslo in the next couple of months!

-learn new platforms to use for my business - FB is now my main thing, but I'm just starting with IG and Pinterest. For physical products I will also use Etsy, E-Bay, Amazon. So a lot of learning!

-compete in at least one half-marathon competition. Time will be under 2 hours.

-make 2020 the last year I work for someone else (maybe being a bit naive with this one).

Wishing you all the best!

Did almost everything!

I quit the small hustle that was going on as I didn't see potential in the long run.

Started the physical product business in April. Still running and has been solid so far! Looking to expand it and starting on Amazon in the coming months.

My last day working for someone else was 21th March. Hopefully no need to do this ever again!

Oh and I finished a half-marathon in October also!

2021 will be even better.

QuikCoin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
375%
Feb 14, 2015
Wooohoooo!

First, I would like to say I participated in 2019 thread and I accomplished every single one of my goals by month 6.
I just took off all of December to plan my new year as well as get some rest and come back ready to attack.

1. I will purchases 5 more doors bringing up my rental portfolio to 7 units.
2. I am branding myself as the Pittsburgh Real Estate Investor. Through YouTube, Instagram, and a Website.
3. I will sell a minimum of 500k in total painting sales.
4. I will buy a 2-4 unit building to move into and live for free.

I also have a few personal goals that are just as important as any buisness achievements.
Let’s get it Fastlane!
1. Purchased 2 more doors having 4 Total.
2. Did not Brand, but did connect to many investors and have rooted me in the community.
3. I sold more than the previous year still about 40% short of that goal. I made the business more profitable, and may not be growing it much more.
4. I bought and renovated a place to live and am just getting a roommate to cover most of the expenses.

Lots of distractions and some other profitable ventures happened in 2020. Some goals are the same coming into the new year, but much of my focus is now on real estate and allowing the cashflow business to run smoothly and grow smoothly.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Sell a 6 figure system to a business doing $10 million + in revenue a year.
Cons:
Didn't get this done, not even close , really.
Even after I stopped being vague and non-niche centric, I still tied myself up in knots and overthought things, ultimately wasting valuable time.

Pros:
identified my niche and generated valuable momentum which to this day I'm still riding
developed the appropriate contacts in order to facilitate this type of deal

Every day I'm getting closer and closer to actually pulling this off, hoping to come back once I make my first ever sale as an entrepreneur.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.