The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

EXECUTION What will you accomplish in 2020?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

BellaPippin

Aluminum Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Hi Bella, I like your drive. I wanted to ask how you were going to do these things? Have you posted a thread in "Excecute?" I had some questions:

1. Are you saving to buy your first property? Have you been pre-approved for a loan? What area is good for renting? etc
  2. Where are you selling/marketing your product?
  3. How are you planning to sell the painting? I have a friend that's a painter and may be able to give you some insight.
Best!
Hi yes! Go down to my signature, that's the link to my execution thread.

1. Yes I'm saving and I'm hoping to start shopping at the latest late spring, or whenever I feel comfortable with how much I have. I am waiting for that to go get a pre-approval, I don't want to waste anyone's time. But my credit, debt to income and all that jazz is pretty much ready to talk to a lender. I still don't know which neighborhood I'll choose.
2. I'll start with Insta and maybe Facebook, actually first of all probably will see if it gets funded on Kickstarter so I can pay for the first batch through pre-orders.
3. I'm not going to actively try to sell any painting, since I'm not looking to live from it nor make it a business. It's more of a wish I have... I just keep practicing and fantasize with this moment where I'll get good enough that someone will ask if they can buy a piece they like from me. My signature has my Insta too, I use it solely to upload my painting progress.

Thanks for the good vibes, have a great 2020 :D

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
My theme this year is Double, Diversify and Do Good.
  • I will double the revenue of my business from $1m to $2m while also increasing net profit margin from 10 % to 15 %.

• I will add at least five more brands to my product mix to depend less on our two top brands that we are reselling. I will also focus more on my own website and other platforms to have at least 20 % of total revenue outside of Amazon USA.

• I will build a school through the non-profit Pencils of Promise using $35k of the profits. This has been a dream of mine for a while, but I have either not made enough money or simply re-invested the profits to keep growing the business.

Itizn

New Contributor
Sep 25, 2019
Sell a 6 figure system to a business doing $10 million + in revenue a year.

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
Not a New Year's Resolution thread, but a mere proclamation of what you will accomplish in 2020.

List one thing, or many.

Whatever you resolve to do.

Please keep your proclamation measurable!

Lose weight is not measurable, lose 50 lbs is!
Start a business is not measurable, sell X units is!

This time next year, we will bump this thread and see how things went!

Also, if you posted in this thread AND have a progress thread, please include and link to it!!

Thank you!

For me, my 2020 objective is of a personal nature, so it isn't something I'm willing to disclose here.
Help 100 people build businesses that can run without them.

amitksingh76

New Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
1) Register my first company by Feb 2020
2) Resign from my current organization by Feb 2020 (after a 20 year long corporate career with different companies, in different geographies)
3) Start my business by Mar 2020
4) Business up and running with my 100% focus and time by Jul 2020
5) By end of 2020 my business gives me the same earnings as I do today from my plush corporate job

Thomas Baptiste

Guide Yourself!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2018
Commonwealth of Dominica
1)Try to improve the life of at least 10 other people going into 2021 (volunteer/consultation)
2)Improve my lifts, get to the best physical shape I've ever been in.
3)Get a dog.

QuikCoin

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Feb 14, 2015
Wooohoooo!

First, I would like to say I participated in 2019 thread and I accomplished every single one of my goals by month 6.
I just took off all of December to plan my new year as well as get some rest and come back ready to attack.

1. I will purchases 5 more doors bringing up my rental portfolio to 7 units.
2. I am branding myself as the Pittsburgh Real Estate Investor. Through YouTube, Instagram, and a Website.
3. I will sell a minimum of 500k in total painting sales.
4. I will buy a 2-4 unit building to move into and live for free.

I also have a few personal goals that are just as important as any buisness achievements.
Let’s get it Fastlane!

Juan Pimentel

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Jul 10, 2019
Three things
1. Get Fit Strong And Healthy
2. Start working on a Fastlane Business. Following the 10 commandments and CENTS framework
3. Money management

I won't go into detailed right now but I did write down all this goals. I included the clear vision the reasons and the why's . Me accomplishing this goals for this year and years to come are key in my new life style. This goals are going to bring a lot of new skills, information, contacts , and ever ending opportunities. I have started by cutting out the bs. I deleted social media , YouTube app, ever ending binge watching , sugars, some carbs , quit the corpate job I started just last week and go full on unscripted. I went to a economic seminar today and networked. I got invited to local chamber of commerce event tomorrow morning. I will be meeting 25 new people from different industries and different problems to solve. I started reading TMFL again and writing out keys things to look for. Im only listening to educational podcasts. I started going to the gym daily now. I limited my phone use. I actually put my self a budget and wrote down my monthly expenses. Even though I want to avoid sounding like an action faker I have to express my feelings the actions I already took. Im turning 25 this year and this is the year I gain back control of my life and start living IT. I have no other choice then to get this things done.

96wells

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2017
virginia
Since the last fastlaneforum meetup, I took a job as a financial copywriter. And really, it was the best year of my life.

But I got let go recently...

So, this year I hope I can get another job as a financial copywriter or make the freelance thing work.

As for a figure, I am aiming for a 6 figure year...

By the end of the year, I hope I can push some really good information out about the niche and brand myself. Until then, I am working on getting more experience to make sure I really know what I know.

Pavan M.

New Contributor
Dec 3, 2018
I believe in micro goal setting, so I want to earn my first 100 dollars online.
I have started learning web development. And started learning HTML and CSS on Codecademy and Freecodecamp. And already built 2 static web pages. After mastering HTML and CSS I will start freelancing.
I am also learning about Copywriting, But I am Stuck and Dont know where to start practicing my Copywriting Skills.
Any Suggestions Pls.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Juan Pimentel

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Jul 10, 2019
I have started learning web development. And started learning HTML and CSS on Codecademy and Freecodecamp. And already built 2 static web pages. After mastering HTML and CSS I will start freelancing.
I am also learning about Copywriting, But I am Stuck and Dont know where to start practicing my Copywriting Skills.
Any Suggestions Pls.
Do google ads for a local business. You dont even need to know great ad admin just copy right and google will do the hard work for you

Dopefish1337

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 12, 2017
Norway
Any Suggestions Pls.
Don't know about copywriting per se, but there's a Udemy course I highly recommend called "Build Responsive Real World Websites with HTML5 and CSS3" and it teaches a lot of things that goes into it, including copywriting, design, simple color theory etc. I've made a couple websites already using what I've learnt here :D

BTW, how does your websites look? Would you mind sharing with us?

96wells

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2017
virginia
Any Suggestions Pls.

My suggestion for you for copywriting...

Pick a niche like finance, health, relationship etc...

And compile a list of people who sell stuff in those niches into an excel file.

Subscribe to their email list and start clicking into a lot of their ads...

And then start collecting those ads, study them or hand copy them daily, and then put them in a folder.

Anyways, after a few months of studying, get out that excel list of people and contact them. Ask if they need email or promotions written...

Or launch your own funnel or product or whatever.

Another suggestion, join a course in copywriting in the niche you chose (or from a reputable person).

Get a real mentor that has a lot of clients. Do your due diligence (interview some students). This may be a bit expensive but it could be worth it if you're serious and if the mentor is legit.

Sometimes you can also directly ask the copywriter if you can just work under him. If you know "x" is super good in that niche, it costs you nothing to ask for tips or to do research for him or her...

There are a lot of ways to learn to copywriting, but it may take a while. Also, when I say mentor I don't just mean an udemy course. You can start there but I often find it somewhat... lacking...

In my experience, the best bang for your buck is to slowly become obsessed with studying what your competition is doing and collecting things etc... instead of just learning some principles...

Also if you're going to learn copywriting, there is one book you absolutely must get: breakthrough advertising...although people say it's an advanced book, it's... well it's absolutely necessary. There might be new books that explain some principles in this book and adapted it to modern times... but really... I don't understand how a copywriter worth his salt would neglect it.

I think one time I heard someone saying Breakthrough Advertising is overrated. Well, that was a clickbait. It's like saying sex is overrated or something...

Feel free to ask any questions. I'm not an A-lister though. Far from it.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Thanks for sharing. I want a course to optimize for other than Google engines.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock