The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What ways to export are out there?

Cosepreziose

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Dec 12, 2015
Hello everyone.

I'm Alex from Italy. I have been away from the forum (and the enterpreneurial life) for almost a year. I got my self together a few months ago and now I'm back in the game, still considering my self a "wanterpreneur" until I get some serious result.

I'm here to shamelessly ask for advice on this topic, hoping I'll be able to give some value back in the future, indeed feel free to ask whatever you need to know about my country, now or in the time to come.

Now on to the topic
I'm starting a subscription box business in a specific food niche. A selection of italian food from Italy (this is important) will be delivered every month to people's door.

How should I proceed about? My thoughts:
  • I might deliver them to the customer's door directly. (But the courier would be too expensive, at least for some prices I have seen around)
  • I might establish a base in the receiving country, send the food by pallets over there, assemble the boxes on the spot and deliver them using the local postal service (this would mean I could sell only to countries where I have a base and some employees, making it incredibly expensive, especially in the beginning when the turnover is still low)
  • In the past I have had a conversation with a member of this forum who was suggesting to use Amazon fba. But would that be suited for food? And isn't there a chance Amazon sees you are doing well and starts getting into your business? (you don't have control after all)

Are there any other solutions?

I have already checked many posts on this forum but I mostly found topics about stuff coming from china etc.

I accept any kind of advice, even if you can point me to valuable books, courses, online courses etc about the topic I would be really happy and grateful

Thank you very much for your help, please hmu for whatever info or value you think an Italian on the spot could give you for your business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.