The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What various channels do you use to promote B2C businesses?

Marketing, social media, advertising

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I'm selling a food product for a particular niche - low carb and no sugar (keto).

I'm currently reaching out to as many people/"influencers" on social media as possible, and I will be starting on ads this week to directly reach potential customers.

Does anybody who has experience selling B2C products with relatively low per unit price points (food is a perfect example of this - clothes as well) have any tips or ideas to improve reach? I am just starting out BTW (starting stage).

This is an easy one, everyone loves food. Get some samples and head to your local grocery store and give away a few dozen of them and get some real feedback, I'd suggest to forget about social media right now and focus on real life people.

Gyms could also work to, get a decent amount of impressions and gauge the feedback, then you can consider selling them. Or you could just do a free sample then pitch for a sale on the spot, let us know how it goes and have fun with it.

Focusing on online ads is like bringing sand to the beach, just goto the beach and all the sand (paying customers that are shopping) will be there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Velo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Nov 25, 2020
I'm selling a food product for a particular niche - low carb and no sugar (keto).

I'm currently reaching out to as many people/"influencers" on social media as possible, and I will be starting on ads this week to directly reach potential customers.

Does anybody who has experience selling B2C products with relatively low per unit price points (food is a perfect example of this - clothes as well) have any tips or ideas to improve reach? I am just starting out BTW (starting stage).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CruxisKnight

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jan 7, 2021

I use native ads like outbrain and direct people to a valuable post on my site

Velo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Nov 25, 2020
This is an easy one, everyone loves food. Get some samples and head to your local grocery store and give away a few dozen of them and get some real feedback, I'd suggest to forget about social media right now and focus on real life people.

Gyms could also work to, get a decent amount of impressions and gauge the feedback, then you can consider selling them. Or you could just do a free sample then pitch for a sale on the spot, let us know how it goes and have fun with it.

Focusing on online ads is like bringing sand to the beach, just goto the beach and all the sand (paying customers that are shopping) will be there.

I'm going to dial down the SM after tying up some loose ends (should be done by end of this weekend) and then go ahead and do what you suggested. Those are excellent offline priorities.

Velo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Nov 25, 2020
So here's an interesting observation.

I've already contacted close to 20 local SM influencers on Instagram, and I believe by the time I finish today, I can find ~35.

On Pinterest I can barely find anybody. Usually the posts are quite generic ("Top 10 [x] in [your city]") and it's obviously done by some small business that writes articles/posts contents in various locales.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.